RELEASED Charles Tapper Cut From Practice Squad

ShiningStar

Reaction score
some fans just get caught up in a hype. There was nothing there. Get over it.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Bum since day one, another bust of a pick.

I am OK with Charles Tapper and Darius Jackson not working out from the 2016 draft. We still have the following on the roster from that draft: Ezekiel Elliott (starter), Dak Prescott (starter), Jaylon Smith (starter), Maliek Collins (could be starter now that he is back from injury), Anthony Brown (Rotational guy on defense), Kavon Frazier (starter), Rico Gathers (who knows). Not a bad draft haul. I can't really complain about a 4th and a 6th round pick not working out.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Isn't it more interesting that Charles Tapper was eligible for the PS?

Not many other takers out there for his services.

davidariust24

Reaction score
What is going on? Tapper is finally healthy and then he is cut from the practice squad.

Bluedocd

Reaction score
I don’t get the Tapper love. Guy showed nothing, except for the ability to get injured.
I couldn't agree more! We all want these guys to do their best, and get their fair shot, and I think the average fan is pretty patient, but some fans are too patient. The guy can't stay healthy....time to cut bait and move on

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I'm thinking it has more to do with his congenital back problem than anything else.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I'm thinking it has more to do with his congenital back problem than anything else.

Throw in the sickle cell trait that has been over looked by most and it's doubtful Tap was ever destined for NFL greatness. Swing and miss on that one

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Throw in the sickle cell trait that has been over looked by most and it's doubtful Tap was ever destined for NFL greatness. Swing and miss on that one

If the Cowboys (or any team) had known prior to the draft about the birth defect in his back that caused him to miss his entire rookie season, then it's likely he would have gone undrafted. Hard to blame the Cowboys for unknown information. That derailed Tapper's career before it had a chance to start.