RELEASED Charles Tapper Cut From Practice Squad

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I heard The Raiders wanted him to replace Kalil Mack. Figured with Price and Tap Mack would be long gone from da Raidas fans and playas minds. That Chucky got game

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Because he’s not a good football player? Seems kind of obvious

Datone Jones was claimed by the Raiders. Cowboys need DTs, Tapper was just the odd man out of the DEs.

Too bad, looked like he had gotten his injury situation under control....

lukin2006

Reaction score
I can not see why he'd be upset joining the PS ... that is choice? He cleared waivers and signed to be on the practice squad...No team wanted him.

tm1119

Reaction score
:facepalm: It is when you can't bend.

Trust me, I’m aware of Tapper’s limitations. If you were to go back to the draft threads at that time you’d probably see me bringing up Tapper’s lack of bend and you’d see people assuring me it was purely because he played out of position at Oklahoma.

I think you’re over using the term “elite”. In the short time Tapper was on the field he never showed any elite traits. 25 year old pass rushers that show any kind of elite traits don’t go jobless.

tm1119

Reaction score
Datone Jones was claimed by the Raiders. Cowboys need DTs, Tapper was just the odd man out of the DEs.

Too bad, looked like he had gotten his injury situation under control....

Datone Jones is on the Cowboys active 53. Charles Tapper was cut from the practice squad that there were still open spots on.

Nothing about the situation involved an odd man out.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
If the Cowboys (or any team) had known prior to the draft about the birth defect in his back that caused him to miss his entire rookie season, then it's likely he would have gone undrafted. Hard to blame the Cowboys for unknown information. That derailed Tapper's career before it had a chance to start.

I don't think the Cowboys knew about the Pars Defect. Of course the haters will say they did. The sickle cell trait he was born with. His mother has it and it's genetic. They knew when he was at Oklahoma how to manage it. Frequent blows on the bench, tapping out,lots of fluids. It's manageable but it affected his play in College and coupled with the Pars defect in his back his career was pretty much derailed. Unfortunate for him for sure. Some people forget there is a person in the jersey

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

Get it??? Daffy's TAP dancing!!! :grin:

Tough crowd. :(

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I am shocked this thread didn't lead to another ET thread. Some how some way Tapper's release is another precursor to ET phoning home.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Datone Jones is on the Cowboys active 53. Charles Tapper was cut from the practice squad that there were still open spots on.

Nothing about the situation involved an odd man out.
My mistake, tried to depend on my memory after reading the article, too much info for my poor brain!

Brian Price was taken by the Raiders, Jones was to go on IR but they decided not to do that.

But the same scenario applies, they lose a DT so they keep Jones, Tapper is a DE, if they want to sign another DT then he could take Tapper's place. But Tapper may re-appear on the p.s. at a later date...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has this info been corroborated by a better source?
:huh:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
My guess is it had nothing to do with health, but rather Tapper being uber-pissed that he was essentially demoted and said 'If you're not going to play me, cut me so I can go play for somebody else and make you look foolish.'

Well, bye then.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
My guess is it had nothing to do with health, but rather Tapper being uber-pissed that he was essentially demoted and said 'If you're not going to play me, cut me so I can go play for somebody else and make you look foolish.'

Well, bye then.

Then why would he have signed to the practice squad in the first place?