Video: Chase Daniel: Dak not the problem

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Fair enough. We don't see eye to eye on some things but that's a reasonable take. Happy New Year bro
I think we’re pretty close to understanding each other, I don’t think either one of us like making excuses. And I think we both understand it’s a team sport.

plymkr

Reaction score
Probably because they had to drag him to the sidelines every time he threw a touchdown pass as it paralyzed him in ecstasy. They also got tired of cleaning him up in the blue tent.
Lol, well played sir. That was funny

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Hate the market, not the player.

Not a single one of yall is leaving money on the table to be a nice teammate and win a stupid trophy.

Your wife WANTS THE MONEY. The trophy dont put the kids through school or get her hair done weekly.

Lebron James, whom if you google...has a great reason for players taking as much as possible, left money on the table in Miami, was promised they would spend it for the team and use it to make moves. They lied to him. He aint doing it ever again and has good reason not to. And his reason isnt because of what happened to him in Miami.

Tom Brady. Cool. An outlier. Lets hang our cap on this guy taking less money.

Contract haters would flip that tune quick if they had to choose between a trophy and money. Its a bad excuse. Its propaganda to get people to work for less than they are worth.

plymkr

Reaction score
Without even reading the posts on here, lol this is exactly what i'm saying!! Why are we still asking ourselves or saying "dak is/isn't the problem!" If we're still doing that after all these years, then maybe he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I completely agree. If there was no doubt about his game then there wouldn’t be a discussion.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Not a single one of yall is leaving money on the table to be a nice teammate and win a stupid trophy.

Your wife WANTS THE MONEY. The trophy dont put the kids through school or get her hair done weekly.
What an insane argument. Guy is currently making $40 mil. If, horror of horrors, he resigned for that amount instead of $60 mil a year, you don't think he could afford a hairdo for his baby momma, or to put his kid through school?

If I thought Dak had earned being the highest paid player in league history, I'd be right with you on this. But I don't think that. And your only defense is "hate the market, not the player"

That's not a justification of Dak getting paid. That's merely another way of saying he's next in line at the right time.

plymkr

Reaction score
You can't base YOUR opinion off of ONE video
Good point. I’m basing my opinion off of playoff success and how Dak plays against other playoff contenders. I don’t think any video would sway me one way or another if Dak balled out the times he’s been in the playoffs.

Loso86

Reaction score
Good point. I’m basing my opinion off of playoff success and how Dak plays against other playoff contenders. I don’t think any video would sway me one way or another if Dak balled out the times he’s been in the playoffs.
I can digg that. I still think he has played really well against Top QBs this year minus the 49er game

Creeper

Reaction score
I am still baffled by the Pollard play and the Luepke play.

It is like the Cowboys were sake bit or something. First Pollard cuts inside when he could have just sprinted to the pylon. I get what he thought would happen there. He assumed Ferguson would block the outside guy and create a gap to squeeze through. But then why not lower his head and plow into the end zone? or why even risk that when the outside was wide open for him? Brain fart is the only explanation.

On the next play, why was Luepke running into the end zone without the ball? Didn't he realize he never got the handoff? He made a nice cut to get around the DT and into the end zone, a move he has shown is effective a few times, but how does an NFL RB not know he does not have the football? I am curious. When did Luepke first realize he did not have the football? was it before or after the play was over?

When I see stuff like this I just think, this is not our day or season.

As for Dak, my only question is, they had success early on with CeeDee and Ferguson. What happened after the 2nd drive? I realize CeeDee was not going to get 94 yards receiving every quarter, but I didn;t expect silence from him either.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
What an insane argument. Guy is currently making $40 mil. If, horror of horrors, he resigned for that amount instead of $60 mil a year, you don't think he could afford a hairdo for his baby momma, or to put his kid through school?

If I thought Dak had earned being the highest paid player in league history, I'd be right with you on this. But I don't think that. And your only defense is "hate the market, not the player"

That's not a justification of Dak getting paid. That's merely another way of saying he's next in line at the right time.

My money is on you, if spawned into Daks shoes, taking all the money you could get.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

My money is on you, if spawned into Daks shoes, taking all the money you could get.
Maybe , maybe not.

I'm not good enough to ever be close to that kind of a position

Still not a justification for overpaying Dak, either way

LovinItAll

Reaction score
For a 60 million dollar QB it’s a red flag when people go out of their way to explain why he is not the problem.

For someone about to get paid 60 million APY we need videos made about how he lifted his teammates and put them on their back and won the game.
He did that. Drove down on the road and scored the go ahead TD with less than 2 minutes remaining. He doesn’t play defense. He’s not a fullback. He doesn’t call the plays. ‘Observations’ like yours are obtuse.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Maybe , maybe not.

I'm not good enough to ever be close to that kind of a position

Still not a justification for overpaying Dak, either way
GM's are stupid arent they?

Guys that get paid high salary in a highly competitive industry where results matter. They have no clue about overpaying for QB's, right?

I think you couch gm's arent being fair to the GM's and owners. You have no idea what pressures are on them nor how much egg you get on your face if you make dumb moves regarding a QB especially.

No GM is letting Prescott walk. No GM is betting the farm on a rookie contract when they have Prescott whom can drive a bus fine. EVERY GM is opening their wallet to him. He has them in a corner. Its the market...and Dak and his agent know it.

You let Dak walk, bring in a rookie who throws a bunch of INT's and makes bad plays....you lose the locker room and your job. Jerry, sure, he doesnt have to worry about losing his job....but he isnt dumb enough to let Dak walk.

Youre not being fair. Youre lying. You would take the money. And...your not being fair to real GM's.

How couch GM's want this thing to work is by not having to factor in critical details. Its not a team sport to them. Its screw Dak over and only think about Dak. Not think about the locker room or other players trying to win when you let Dak go for a crap shoot rookie.

It makes no sense and the argument is tiring.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
In those two particular seasons?

2016: In his first ever playoff game Dak threw for 302 yards and 3 touchdowns but the Cowboys could not stop Aaron Rodgers in the end.

2018: Dallas beats Seattle in the first playoff game, then lose 30-22 to the Rams when the defense gave up over 240 yards rushing and could not get off the field.

So yeah, blame Dak for those games too.
Aren't you forgetting the gift Dak gave GB that helped put them up comfortably to begin with.

Yes the defense got steamrolled ... but weren't there opportunities for Dak to score enough to still win?

Saying he could have been better, done more isn't saying he was completely to blame.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He did that. Drove down on the road and scored the go ahead TD with less than 2 minutes remaining. He doesn’t play defense. He’s not a fullback. He doesn’t call the plays. ‘Observations’ like yours are obtuse.
If the score had been 6-0 before that TD would you say the same thing?

Way too many people put excessive value on the when, and not the totality of the what.