Video: Chase Daniel: Dak not the problem

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I disagree with your logic. If Dak is about to be the highest paid player in NFL history why is there videos explaining why he is not the problem? Why is there so much effort to validate his game?

If we resign him to 55-60 APY, we’ll be paying top dollar for an average to above average player who does not perform on the road and his career has peaked.

If someone made a video about how the running game is not Tony Pollard’s fault should we resign Tony for 20 million APY? Not a good idea and it’s not a good idea to resign Dak for 60 APY.
The videos aren't for NFL people. It's for novices like yourself.

Do you have an understanding of NFL market or should I explain?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Acckkk... Market value... Acckkkk.... Polly wanna cracker..... Accckkkkk..... Market value

We need a parrot emoji for this argument. Paying elite money foress than elite performance is asinine, regardless of what other less than elite QBs are making. Maybe if the Cowboys didn't feel compelled to "reset the market" for middle of the road QB play every 4 years, they could afford to put some talent around them and win a super bowl

Or is it more important that Dak "gets his" than for the cowboys to win a title?

For some fans I honestly think they'd rather have the former as opposed to the latter. They've pretty much admitted this is the case
What is elite money? Who decides on that?

You lack basic understanding of NFL market. Your Parrott act all but confirmed it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why listen to a guy that's actually played quarterback in the NFL? What could he possibly know?

All the experts here on Cowboys Zone tell me Dak is the problem. It's too bad they have better things to do instead of becoming NFL scouts or general managers.
Just ask @khiladi he keeps preseason and practice stats :lmao:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What an insane argument. Guy is currently making $40 mil. If, horror of horrors, he resigned for that amount instead of $60 mil a year, you don't think he could afford a hairdo for his baby momma, or to put his kid through school?

If I thought Dak had earned being the highest paid player in league history, I'd be right with you on this. But I don't think that. And your only defense is "hate the market, not the player"

That's not a justification of Dak getting paid. That's merely another way of saying he's next in line at the right time.
Right now there 11 players making 40M or more. Such is the NFL. 40M ain't what it used to be 3 years ago...

And you totally missed his point.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It's called NFL market. Understand?
Good grief, you still hanging around in this thread? Guy made a comment about Daniel Jones getting "laid"

Clearly a typo (he meant getting "paid) and I was having a bit of fun with it.

Hence my comment about Jones getting some tail

Get over yourself. Or keep up with what's going on. Your choice

kskboys

Reaction score
What is below market deal? Who decides? You?
I will if you like, sure.

By saying below market deal, I am saying not holding out and squeezing every last penny out, as he did last time. Instead of holding out for 55 mil/season, sign for, say, 43 mil/season. He's richer than rich either way.

Before someone claims it, would I take the lesser deal? You dammm right I would for a chance to win a super bowl.

And this is not about Dak's personal finances. I couldn't give a gilded turd about how money Dak hoards. I only care about what he makes in regards to the salary cap, and being able to put a super bowl contender on the field. If Jerry could find a way to pay Dak a billion/season w/o affecting the salary cap, I'd be all for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What’s the context?

- I said a last minute, go ahead drive is impressive. You implied that it isn’t if the offense has played poorly all game. I disagree. Whatever.

- You keep trying to make a phantom point that I still haven’t figured out. You must just be smarter than me. No doubt you think do.

- Not sure how you define ‘argument’, but according to Webster; ‘the act or process of arguing, reasoning, or discussing’. Pretty sure any opposing views that are discussed fit this definition.
I guess you could be right, your comment was rather lacking in reasoning, so maybe I gave you too much credit for calling it an argument. I guess "nonsensical remark" would work better.

That would be the "you're one of those" comments and the following remark that falsely insinuated I only valuated wins based on how pretty they were.

If you find 7 offensive points impressive, then 7 in a 63-7 loss is also impressive, no? My point is that you (and many others) place way too much value on the when instead of the what. There is no logic or reasoning to it. It's almost as if you think late points magically count for more than early points.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

By saying below market deal, I am saying not holding out and squeezing every last penny out, as he did last time. Instead of holding out for 55 mil/season, sign for, say, 43 mil/season. He's richer than rich either way.

Before someone claims it, would I take the lesser deal? You dammm right I would for a chance to win a super bowl.

And this is not about Dak's personal finances. I couldn't give a gilded turd about how money Dak hoards. I only care about what he makes in regards to the salary cap, and being able to put a super bowl contender on the field. If Jerry could find a way to pay Dak a billion/season w/o affecting the salary cap, I'd be all for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He didn't squeeze every penny. It was about the number of years in the contract. Jerry wanting more years and Dak wanting less. So he could hit FA soo er. That's betting on yourself. Could have ba k fired.

And 43 vs 55. You are saying he should take 22% less. Why?

Tell me how a lesser deal would translate to a superbowl? Because of cap I assume. So this past one everyone said the same thing. Yet we signed tyron, Martin, Cooper, Lawrence, zeke, Steele, Diggs, and tagged Schultz one year, tagged pollard, offers out to CD....and still had 20M in cap last year and 25M this year. Did we miss on any FAs we wanted and couldn't sign because we had no cap room? So how does cap room translate to superbowls?

Or is it about your perceived value so that at 55 you want more and at 43 you are ok with average play from same player?

BTW, 43 is just silly. 12 QBs make 40M and more. 55 is the number these days and more. It will hit 65, 70 and 75 over the next 5 years.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I guess you could be right, your comment was rather lacking in reasoning, so maybe I gave you too much credit for calling it an argument. I guess "nonsensical remark" would work better.

That would be the "you're one of those" comments and the following remark that falsely insinuated I only valuated wins based on how pretty they were.

If you find 7 offensive points impressive, then 7 in a 63-7 loss is also impressive, no? My point is that you (and many others) place way too much value on the when instead of the what. There is no logic or reasoning to it. It's almost as if you think late points magically count for more than early points.
No, 7 in a 63-7 game would not be impressive. I also never said that I found seven points impressive. I said that a last minute drive that scores a go ahead touchdown is noteworthy, regardless of the score.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
No, 7 in a 63-7 game would not be impressive. I also never said that I found seven points impressive. I said that a last minute drive that scores a go ahead touchdown is noteworthy, regardless of the score.
Noteworthy...that's different. You said impressive. And you said in the case of 7-6 it was.

Changing your story.

kskboys

Reaction score
He didn't squeeze every penny. It was about the number of years in the contract. Jerry wanting more years and Dak wanting less. So he could hit FA soo er. That's betting on yourself. Could have ba k fired.

And 43 vs 55. You are saying he should take 22% less. Why?

Tell me how a lesser deal would translate to a superbowl? Because of cap I assume. So this past one everyone said the same thing. Yet we signed tyron, Martin, Cooper, Lawrence, zeke, Steele, Diggs, and tagged Schultz one year, tagged pollard, offers out to CD....and still had 20M in cap last year and 25M this year. Did we miss on any FAs we wanted and couldn't sign because we had no cap room? So how does cap room translate to superbowls?

Or is it about your perceived value so that at 55 you want more and at 43 you are ok with average play from same player?

BTW, 43 is just silly. 12 QBs make 40M and more. 55 is the number these days and more. It will hit 65, 70 and 75 over the next 5 years.
You got caught up in a number I tossed out there. Get past that, and maybe you'll be able to understand how bloated salaries affect the salary cap. KC and Mahomes are finding out right now.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Noteworthy...that's different. You said impressive. And you said in the case of 7-6 it was.

Changing your story.
Yes, I think it’s impressive for any QB to lead their team to a lead change via TD late in the game regardless of the score. That’s when it matters most and when a QB who has had a poor game needs to have a short memory.

Did you not play football? If you did, I’d assume you’d already know everything I’ve said. If you didn’t, well, that makes sense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Preach it, K!!!

Dak needs to listen to reason and understand what is best for he and the team to be able to reach and win a Super Bowl. Dak is already filthy rich......and will continue to get richer. $43 mil/season in a new contract is way plenty and would work for both Dak and the Cowboys.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Yall can complain all you want about Dak getting paid. IT DOESN'T MATTER lol. When Daniel Jones can get laid after 1 DECENT year. It's gonna happen for a player much better
Dak ain’t it and this has been true for the last eight years. If you like him that much just like the lady time we paid him go to another team with him. Dak over Dallas is getting old.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Actually it would be the haters that are a cult because your buddy up there that you seem to be agreeing with as part of your cult who doesn't understand what market value is show me how all those other top ten quarterbacks who are making more money right now than Prescott are doing so much better I mean there aren't many of them that even sniffed in NFC championship game or a Super Bowl and yet they got paid anyway they're a whole bunch of them I mean I'm not even gonna list them but go look up right now the top ten highest paid quarterbacks and you're gonna find a bunch of them on that list that haven't done anymore than Prescott it's called market you gotta pay your quarterbacks or you're gonna end up in quarterback limbo which is gonna put this team winning very few games going forward would be an easy guess because getting rid of a top ten quarterback and then hoping you're gonna replace them with something better,.. that's the pipe dream

so for the rest of you believe you rather be picking in the top five of the draft every year and searching for a quarterback while your team struggles for the next four to five years because you decided not to pay one that you already have that's been proven that he can at least get you to the playoffs on a regular basis that's been part of no losing seasons whatsoever to tell your cult friend that's all the proof we need this is the first time since the mid 90s since the Jimmy Johnson era that we've had three straight double digit win seasons that ended in the playoffs that's all we need to know those three or four games a quarterback like Prescott can get you every year compared to a mid level or worse quarterback is why you pay those guys I'm not saying you should pay them 60 million but if that's the going rate and you don't wanna blow your team up and start over then that's what you have to pay...

And lastly let's discuss high paid players in the league that are all making market money at their positions and show me how they're responsible for wins and losses like a quarterback is I mean literally they're eating up a lot of the cap as well and they don't get that well when's the last time has he been to a championship or Super Bowl they literally just pay those guys market money because they play their individual position at a high level not have expectations they're Superman and that they're by themselves gonna lead a team to a championship....​
I bet common sense just doesn't come into it does it you believe that you should as a fan control the market and what you should pay each player and especially the quarterback because you think you know better than actual professionals who run teams?​
Go take that to someone’s believes your trash. You won’t find any of those qbs you speak of with the talent Fak has had around him over the kart eight years. He has the best line, top three RB, had two number one wr, been through three offensive coordinators and people still blame someone else. Facts are there is only one, only one player that is common across that time. We are blaming defenses for playoff losses. lol. You score 30+ points in regular season and then lay an egg in playoffs. FYI Dak hasn’t sniffed nfc championship or Super Bowl either. He’s looked like trash in ever playoff start he’s been in. He is what he is and would never be paid like he is for what his resume shows. He is who everyone thought he was, 4th rounder

Loso86

Reaction score
Dak ain’t it and this has been true for the last eight years. If you like him that much just like the lady time we paid him go to another team with him. Dak over Dallas is getting old.
If you think I care what you think, then I feel sorry for you. Clearly you can't read because I didn't say I liked him or the price so let me try again, ITS THE MARKET VALUE AND HE WILL GET PAID RATHER YOU LIKE HIM OR NOT, RAYHER DALLAS OR ANOTHER TEAM, BUT HE WILL GET PAID MARKET VALUE!!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yes, I think it’s impressive for any QB to lead their team to a lead change via TD late in the game regardless of the score. That’s when it matters most and when a QB who has had a poor game needs to have a short memory.

Did you not play football? If you did, I’d assume you’d already know everything I’ve said. If you didn’t, well, that makes sense.
"When it matters most."

Yep, you believe in magic bonus points late in the game.

Sorry, those don't exist.

First drive points count the exact same as last drive points.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
"When it matters most."

Yep, you believe in magic bonus points late in the game.

Sorry, those don't exist.

First drive points count the exact same as last drive points.
i get it. You didn’t play football and you don’t understand why late, game winning TDs and 4th quarter comebacks are tracked as a separate stat. It’s okay to be a fan and not have a handle on all the nuances of the game.