ChatGPT's list of 10 greatest Dallas Cowboys of all time

gtb1943

Reaction score
Why?

The team that Emmitt was on was more successful than Roger's team. Also, the Emmitt Cowboys did not have "that one team" they could never beat despite multiple tries like Roger's Cowboys never beat the 70s Steelers in the regular season or playoffs.

Emmitt was the engine of the 90s Cowboys offense. The most dominant team in Cowboys history. Emmitt's Cowboys went 3-0 in Super Bowls.
Clearly someone that never saw Roger play.

Emmitt was great and indeed the engine of the 90's team but Roger was the SOUL of the 70's team

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I view Deion the same way as TO, very talented and had big impacts on the team… but I don’t consider them Cowboys.

There are so many great players you could swap him out with but I’d probably go with Bob Hayes. You can’t overstate the impact he had on the game.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why?

The team that Emmitt was on was more successful than Roger's team. Also, the Emmitt Cowboys did not have "that one team" they could never beat despite multiple tries like Roger's Cowboys never beat the 70s Steelers in the regular season or playoffs.

Emmitt was the engine of the 90s Cowboys offense. The most dominant team in Cowboys history. Emmitt's Cowboys went 3-0 in Super Bowls.
Smith dropped the ball in the end zone. That was not on Roger. Roger. And it’s not even close in my opinion. I’m not sure Emmett could’ve survived that era of football.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Fine list of players. I'd put this list of players against any other teams.

===

The Dallas Cowboys have had many legendary players throughout their history. Here are some of the greatest Dallas Cowboys players of all time:
  1. Roger Staubach: Staubach is widely regarded as one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history. He led the Cowboys to two Super Bowl victories (VI and XII) and was known for his ability to engineer come-from-behind victories.
  2. Emmitt Smith: Smith is the NFL's all-time leading rusher and was the cornerstone of the Cowboys' dominant offense in the 1990s. He played a vital role in the team's three Super Bowl victories (XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX).
  3. Troy Aikman: Aikman was the quarterback during the Cowboys' dynasty of the 1990s. He led the team to three Super Bowl wins (XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX) and was known for his accuracy and leadership on the field.
  4. Michael Irvin: Irvin was the emotional leader of the Cowboys' dominant offense in the 1990s. He was a key component of the team's three Super Bowl victories (XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX) and was known for his exceptional route-running and big-play ability.
  5. Bob Lilly: Known as "Mr. Cowboy," Lilly was the anchor of the Cowboys' defense in the 1960s and 1970s. He was the first player inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame who spent his entire career with the Cowboys and was a key part of the team's Super Bowl VI victory.
  6. Randy White: White, also known as the "Manster," was a dominant defensive tackle for the Cowboys. He played a crucial role in the team's Super Bowl XII victory and was a nine-time Pro Bowler.
  7. Tony Dorsett: Dorsett was a dynamic running back who played for the Cowboys from 1977 to 1987. He helped the team win Super Bowl XII and was known for his speed and elusiveness.
  8. Larry Allen: Allen was a dominant offensive lineman who played for the Cowboys from 1994 to 2005. He was known for his strength and athleticism and was a key part of the team's success in the 1990s, including their Super Bowl XXX victory.
  9. Mel Renfro: Renfro was a versatile defensive back who played for the Cowboys from 1964 to 1977. He was a 10-time Pro Bowler and played a significant role in the team's Super Bowl VI victory.
  10. Deion Sanders: Sanders played for the Cowboys from 1995 to 1999 and was one of the most electrifying players in NFL history. He helped the team win Super Bowl XXX and was known for his exceptional speed and coverage skills.
These are just a few of the greatest Dallas Cowboys players of all time, and there are many other notable players who have contributed to the team's success over the years.
Ask ChatGPT why it’s so stupid? Aikman over Lilly and Allen??? No.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Having Deion at ten ( or even on the list ) is disrespecting a ton of former great Cowboy players.
Depends. If its just who are the greatest players to ever play in a Cowboys uniform then Deion goes up at the top of the list with Emmitt and Larry Allen. Those three have a case for the greatest to ever play their position. Nobody else can make that claim.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smith dropped the ball in the end zone. That was not on Roger. Roger. And it’s not even close in my opinion. I’m not sure Emmett could’ve survived that era of football.
Correcto. A great pass by Staubach was dropped by Jackie Smith, a HoF TE. If caught, Staubach would have had another SB win and the Cowboys would have been the first team to reach six SB wins.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Clearly someone that never saw Roger play.

Emmitt was great and indeed the engine of the 90's team but Roger was the SOUL of the 70's team
I have seen him play. I'm older than you think.

Also, you did not address any of the reasons I listed. Emmitt's teams were better than Roger's teams. Emmitt is the GOAT at his position, while Roger is not. Emmitt's teams were undefeated in, and won more Super Bowls than Roger's teams and against a tougher time in the NFL. No team owned Emmitt's team while the Steelers owned Roger's teams.

Take the fee fees out of this and deal with the advantages for Emmitt that I have listed. Counter them with examples in favor of Roger.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'd remove Deion at #10 and add in Woody Dantzler for his return against the 49ers alone.
It's disrespectful to several former Cowboys players to add a player to this list for a single play. So I can't agree with you about Woody despite how much I may personally like him. I'd add Harvey Martin before Woody anyway.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
1. Rodger Staubach
2. Emmitt Smith
3. Bob Lily
4. Troy Aikman
5. Drew Pearson
6. Michael Irvin
7. Larry Allen
8. Randy White
9. Tony Dorsett
10. Harvey Martin

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Fine list of players. I'd put this list of players against any other teams.

===

The Dallas Cowboys have had many legendary players throughout their history. Here are some of the greatest Dallas Cowboys players of all time:
  1. Roger Staubach: Staubach is widely regarded as one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history. He led the Cowboys to two Super Bowl victories (VI and XII) and was known for his ability to engineer come-from-behind victories.
  2. Emmitt Smith: Smith is the NFL's all-time leading rusher and was the cornerstone of the Cowboys' dominant offense in the 1990s. He played a vital role in the team's three Super Bowl victories (XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX).
  3. Troy Aikman: Aikman was the quarterback during the Cowboys' dynasty of the 1990s. He led the team to three Super Bowl wins (XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX) and was known for his accuracy and leadership on the field.
  4. Michael Irvin: Irvin was the emotional leader of the Cowboys' dominant offense in the 1990s. He was a key component of the team's three Super Bowl victories (XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX) and was known for his exceptional route-running and big-play ability.
  5. Bob Lilly: Known as "Mr. Cowboy," Lilly was the anchor of the Cowboys' defense in the 1960s and 1970s. He was the first player inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame who spent his entire career with the Cowboys and was a key part of the team's Super Bowl VI victory.
  6. Randy White: White, also known as the "Manster," was a dominant defensive tackle for the Cowboys. He played a crucial role in the team's Super Bowl XII victory and was a nine-time Pro Bowler.
  7. Tony Dorsett: Dorsett was a dynamic running back who played for the Cowboys from 1977 to 1987. He helped the team win Super Bowl XII and was known for his speed and elusiveness.
  8. Larry Allen: Allen was a dominant offensive lineman who played for the Cowboys from 1994 to 2005. He was known for his strength and athleticism and was a key part of the team's success in the 1990s, including their Super Bowl XXX victory.
  9. Mel Renfro: Renfro was a versatile defensive back who played for the Cowboys from 1964 to 1977. He was a 10-time Pro Bowler and played a significant role in the team's Super Bowl VI victory.
  10. Deion Sanders: Sanders played for the Cowboys from 1995 to 1999 and was one of the most electrifying players in NFL history. He helped the team win Super Bowl XXX and was known for his exceptional speed and coverage skills.
These are just a few of the greatest Dallas Cowboys players of all time, and there are many other notable players who have contributed to the team's success over the years.
And Dak?

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
1. Emmitt Smith
2. Bob Lilly
3. Roger Staubach
4. Randy White
5. Larry Allen
6. Mel Renfro
7. Michael Irvin
8. Tony Dorsett
9. Chuck Howley
10. Troy Aikman

zerofill

Reaction score
Oh, man. Bard's in trouble for throwing Romo on there.
I work with A.I. every day... and I have to be honest. Bard is absolutely crap right now lol. But, I was pro Romo all the way.

Bard is actually so bad compared to other things I use, and have created, that it is actually laughable, that they put it out there.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The list is good, except for #10, Sanders. I wouldn't put him in any of our lists. As others have said, I didn't really see him as a Cowboys player. I would put Drew Pearson, or Harvey Martin in at #10.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Correcto. A great pass by Staubach was dropped by Jackie Smith, a HoF TE. If caught, Staubach would have had another SB win and the Cowboys would have been the first team to reach six SB wins.
I was right home from the military. I bought a 26 inch series Consol TV just for that game. Can of beer right through the middle of it. That’s when I was young and had testosterone lol. TV probably cost me more than today’s dollar for dollar.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The list is good, except for #10, Sanders. I wouldn't put him in any of our lists. As others have said, I didn't really see him as a Cowboys player. I would put Drew Pearson, or Harvey Martin in at #10.
Yup

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Here's the screenshot proof:
axqiQMr.jpg
Drew Pearson still gets no respect. Kick Deion "Did not Need him with Jimmy Johnson as Head Coach" Sanders off the list. Have respect.

quickccc

Reaction score
My ALL time cowboys list:

Michael Irvin
Roger Staubach
Deion Sanders
Emmitt Smith
Charles Haley
Tony Dorsett
Drew Pearson
Randy White
Larry Allen
DWare

I prefer commenting on the players i've seen play (not heard about ala Bob Lilly),..if only Erik Williams career wasn't cut short)