Chaz Green Comes Off P.U.P. After The Giants Game

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought he had to come off PUP week 8?

Here's what I've found on it:

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six weeks of the regular season. At that point, teams have a five-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional 21-day window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
There's no guarantee of that. I believe they have a few weeks to look at him before deciding whether to activate him or IR him.

you're correct, he can practice for three weeks or so after coming off the list so it's almost like having a 54th player, except Green can not play unless we actually cut one.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six weeks of the regular season. At that point, teams have a five-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional 21-day window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.

Thanks stash. Good stuff.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
They'll give him a month of practice to see where he is and if he can possibly help on the active roster. He's essentially competing with Charles Brown.

ologan

Reaction score

Hmmmm...let's add it up.....sit out the first six weeks= 6 weeks;
Then comes the five week window............................= 5 weeks;
time to decide whether to activate.............................= 3 weeks!
That's 14 weeks......season's almost done ! IR him!!