Chaz Green Comes Off P.U.P. After The Giants Game

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Ok so just to refresh our memories this is the OT that just had hip surgery? Or some other type of surgery?

I can't imagine the dude can play at an NFL level after just having surgery he's gotta do some rehab, get his strength and conditioning going again, transition from being a rookie..

Or maybe he might be ready to spell Free once we hit the postseason.. Still a lot to hope for a rookie that just had surgery..

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hmmmm...let's add it up.....sit out the first six weeks= 6 weeks;
Then comes the five week window............................= 5 weeks;
time to decide whether to activate.............................= 3 weeks!
That's 14 weeks......season's almost done ! IR him!!

Here's better math. Charles Brown is our backup tackle.

It is just plain stupid to not take those practice weeks to see if Green can't overtake him.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Ok so just to refresh our memories this is the OT that just had hip surgery? Or some other type of surgery?

I can't imagine the dude can play at an NFL level after just having surgery he's gotta do some rehab, get his strength and conditioning going again, transition from being a rookie..

Or maybe he might be ready to spell Free once we hit the postseason.. Still a lot to hope for a rookie that just had surgery..

He had surgery four months ago. You can recover from a hip replacement in less time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hip surgery doesn't mean hip replacement...LOL...j/k....he could have be ready to go, but doing conditioning type work. For when he is eligible to practice he can. Then have the 3 weeks to show if he is ready.
I suspected all along, and still do, he will be placed on IR. Unless they think he is a better option than the 9th OL on the current roster.
I prefer they just keep him on PUP or IR. Keep Brown. Then it's more options next year, and one less draft pick to use on an OL. Especially since we traded away picks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You would have to think that this ends up being a 'redshirt' year for him, right?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A player on PUP can be activated as soon as week 7 or as late as week 14.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
A player on PUP can be activated as soon as week 7 or as late as week 14.

In hindsight, Signing Free and letting Parnell walk ended up hurting this team at RT. I like Free, but I think Parnell would of been the starting RT by now......he has done a good job with the Jags....while Free is playing hurt and suspect so far. Losing Parnell even forced the FO to draft an injury prone RT in the 3rd round. FO decisions are coming back to bite them now...They made their bets, now they need to deal with it..and get Chaz Green off IR to see if this kid can play or not.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In hindsight, Signing Free and letting Parnell walk ended up hurting this team at RT. I like Free, but I think Parnell would of been the starting RT by now......he has done a good job with the Jags....while Free is playing hurt and suspect so far. Losing Parnell even forced the FO to draft an injury prone RT in the 3rd round. FO decisions are coming back to bite them now...They made their bets, now they need to deal with it..and get Chaz Green off IR to see if this kid can play or not.

I still don't understand that decision. Free was never very good but they knew when they re-signed him that he had just had his 2nd foot/ankle surgery in the past 15 months and was getting older. Emotional attachment is the only thing I can determine as the reason for keeping Free. Garrett gets really attached to some players.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Gladly, it wasn't. All the running backs drafted look pretty below average, except Gurley.

Jury still out on Gurley but you are right..... Could be the last time you see a RB get drafted in the 1st round for a long time...Gordon, Coleman, and Abdullah are having a hard time adjusting to the NFL. Others like Duke Johnson, Jay Ajayi are non existence at this point

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Jury still out on Gurley but you are right..... Could be the last time you see a RB get drafted in the 1st round for a long time...Gordon, Coleman, and Abdullah are having a hard time adjusting to the NFL. Others like Duke Johnson, Jay Ajayi are non existence at this point

There will still be the occasional franchise RB, like Fournette.

erod

Reaction score

It's like that every year. One or two good backs, and a bunch of overhyped dudes.