Chaz Green Comes Off P.U.P. After The Giants Game

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I still don't understand that decision. Free was never very good but they knew when they re-signed him that he had just had his 2nd foot/ankle surgery in the past 15 months and was getting older. Emotional attachment is the only thing I can determine as the reason for keeping Free. Garrett gets really attached to some players.

Everyone came up with the line that he was the "leader" of the OL.

It was a perfect time to get rid of him but they doubled down instead at 5m a year.

jday

Reaction score
One of these 3, the rb they just signed, qb Kellen Moore who will never be active on gameday, or the tackle Charles Brown. My guessi is Brown.

My guess is Moore...when Romo comes back there will be 4 qb's on the roster...he'll be dropped eventually anyway...unless they drop Weeden instead which is very possible, all things considered.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In hindsight, Signing Free and letting Parnell walk ended up hurting this team at RT. I like Free, but I think Parnell would of been the starting RT by now......he has done a good job with the Jags....while Free is playing hurt and suspect so far. Losing Parnell even forced the FO to draft an injury prone RT in the 3rd round. FO decisions are coming back to bite them now...
I don't know if Parnell would be starting now or not but I do know I didn't want the Cowboys matching the offer he got. We certainly made the correct decision to not overpay him.

Hardline

Reaction score
Gladly, it wasn't. All the running backs drafted look pretty below average, except Gurley.

What about Melvin Gordon?
I only ask because I haven't seen a single Chargers game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know if Parnell would be starting now or not but I do know I didn't want the Cowboys matching the offer he got. We certainly made the correct decision to not overpay him.

He is making 6.4M per season and Free is making 5M per season.

There is a good chance that Parnell would have signed for less with the Cowboys because they could negotiate with him before he was a free agent. They definitely could have signed him for less back around the beginning of the 2014 season. Their OL coach Callahan told them he would be good if given a chance.

The Cowboys management has drastically improved in the past few years, but they still make some odd decisions.

Jacksonville got a better deal with Parnell than the Cowboys did with Free. Why on earth would they pay Free 5M per when he was never very good and had just had his 2nd foot/ankle surgery in the span of a year just before they re-signed him?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
In addition to Chaz Green, linebacker Mark Nzeocha, one of Dallas' 7th round picks, is eligible to come off the non-football injury list.

With no training camp for either player, I'd expect both to be IR'd.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
What about Melvin Gordon?
I only ask because I haven't seen a single Chargers game.

Well, the Chargers are still waiting for a breakout game from him. He was benched in the 1st half on Sunday against the Packers because he fumbled twice. The Chargers are sick of his fumbling.

The Lions Abdullah is in the same boat/doghouse. Fumbling way too much.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, the Chargers are still waiting for a breakout game from him. He was benched in the 1st half on Sunday against the Packers because he fumbled twice. The Chargers are sick of his fumbling.

The Lions Abdullah is in the same boat/doghouse. Fumbling way too much.

I repeated about 1000 times prior to the draft that I would never draft Abdullah because he had the worst fumble rates that I can recall for a college RB. He fumbled 1 in 35 touches. Compare that to Gurley who fumbled 1 in 180 touches.

Gordon was not a lot better with about 1 fumble per 54 touches.

We were irritated with Murray's fumbles last season and he had 1 fumble per 89 touches.

The announcers said during the game that Gordon was out of the game due to the ankle injury that caused him to go to the locker room in the 1st quarter. It does appear that he was actually bench for fumbling.