check it out, rivers is playing...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
who said good coaches don't put in backups "just because" just earlier today???

it's a great opportunity and i'm glad he's getting it. if we're in the same position i hope romo and/or hensen gets some time in also.

looks like it does happen after all, huh?

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Dont know - but when I saw #17, I was like is that Rivers? It is. Hes so-so - nothing special so far. Seems like he knows where the center is and what a receiver is.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Dont know - but when I saw #17, I was like is that Rivers? It is. Hes so-so - nothing special so far. Seems like he knows where the center is and what a receiver is.

it's raining like crazy there - it's insane!

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
since the broncos aren't playing for anything, it isn't too shocking they took plummer out.

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
the broncos just watched drew brees go down to a shoulder injury... they actually have a chance in the playoffs... why risk your starting QB?

burmafrd

Reaction score
You play your key guys for a quarter or so to keep them sharp- then put in the backups and give them some playing time. THAT is what coaches should do. If I was SD coach I would have put in RIvers for the whole game to see what he could do. The only reason I wouldn't is if I already knew he stank and did not want to lose a chance to trade him.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
HummerMan said:
the broncos just watched drew brees go down to a shoulder injury... they actually have a chance in the playoffs... why risk your starting QB?

didn't parcells leave in drew when the skins were having a field day???

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
iceberg said:
didn't parcells leave in drew when the skins were having a field day???
didn't drew refuse to come out, saying he wanted to fight til the bitter end?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:

Barely can feel the pressure though. His arm seems weaker than what I remember seeing him in college though, maybe its because its a wet ball and he can't grip it well to throw harder.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
HummerMan said:
didn't drew refuse to come out, saying he wanted to fight til the bitter end?

and wouldn't that further the PPP theory about in the wild???

burmafrd

Reaction score
12-22, 115 yds, 1 INT, 0 TD. Of course the Broncs were resting their starters and in the prevent some- don't know how much this means.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
CactusCowboy said:
Rivers looks very good for his first outing.

Wow, he looked good? Well I guess my standards of what good means must be lot different than yours. :confused:

Fumble in your own end zone, look lost or not feel pressure that much, fumble another ball, and throw into triple coverage to get Intercepted, I guess is Ok.

Well, something like that, meant Henson is bum ( not saying you said that, but quite a few fans think so). And Henson had much better first outing than Rivers had technically. Although Rivers did play few snaps last year too, in blowout games I believe.

Anyway, not sure if anyone would be willing to first round for Rivers that easily, especially considering they have to take on his salary too, unless he reworks that. Not a good time for SD to have Rivers play, in rain etc. They had no choice of course.

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
iceberg said:
and wouldn't that further the PPP theory about in the wild???
lol, a player wanting to finish what he started? no matter the outcome, good or bad? not at all

parchy

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Wow, he looked good? Well I guess my standards of what good means must be lot different than yours. :confused:

Fumble in your own end zone, look lost or not feel pressure that much, fumble another ball, and throw into triple coverage to get Intercepted, I guess is Ok.

Well, something like that, meant Henson is bum ( not saying you said that, but quite a few fans think so). And Henson had much better first outing than Rivers had technically. Although Rivers did play few snaps last year too, in blowout games I believe.

Anyway, not sure if anyone would be willing to first round for Rivers that easily, especially considering they have to take on his salary too, unless he reworks that. Not a good time for SD to have Rivers play, in rain etc. They had no choice of course.

You're kidding, right? If you don't change your expectations for people who HAVE NEVER PLAYED IN THE NFL BEFORE, you're nuts. Rivers excited me with what he was able to do today considering the position he was put in (didn't get many reps in practice/much attention because nobody thought he was going to play). He has an incredibly strong throw and the ball is a perfect/tight spiral everytime. His stats are in-line with every rookie in history... excuse me for asking, but what exactly were you expecting?

He was pretty accurate with the balls that he stepped into to deliver, and for a functional rookie, he did damn well.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
HummerMan said:
lol, a player wanting to finish what he started? no matter the outcome, good or bad? not at all

hensen didn't wanna come out in chicago, did he?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Just because he has a strong arm means NOTHING. That many mistakes in a QB that has been sitting and watching for 2 full years is not a good outing. That is what you would expect from a rookie in the first game or so of the season.