check it out, rivers is playing...

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
i'm not going to defend drew no matter what, he's made his mistakes (thinking about seattle in particular) also against san fran where he threw one for a TD, the bronco game was a bad throw, but you also have to consider the good things he's done as well.. he gives us the best chance to win, there for he'll start. Period. why? because we play to win

kojak_DD said:
If tomorrow's game means nothing to us,I could care less at that point if we win or loose.

:rolleyes:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
HummerMan said:
i'm not going to defend drew no matter what, he's made his mistakes (thinking about seattle in particular) also against san fran where he threw one for a TD, the bronco game was a bad throw, but you also have to consider the good things he's done as well.. he gives us the best chance to win, there for he'll start. Period. why? because we play to win

:rolleyes:

great, i'll start on that list when i see a list of positives for hensen also.

i'm not saying sit down drew while we're in it - NO. what i am saying is if we're out, what "gain" do we get losing yet another opportunity to let younger qb's get some experience?

why is this such a tough message?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ok... but how long before we get our Franchise QB? Atleast he is a #1 from the draft that had played in college and went to NFL... unlike QC, CH, DH etc...

10 years is a long time(last SB)

We gotta start grooming someone worth while... the little we saw of Rivers today was enough to say yah or nay

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
iceberg said:
great, i'll start on that list when i see a list of positives for hensen also.

i'm not saying sit down drew while we're in it - NO. what i am saying is if we're out, what "gain" do we get losing yet another opportunity to let younger qb's get some experience?

why is this such a tough message?
because i don't agree with it, i agree with playing to win.. i wanna see the cowboys win, why? because i'm a fan... i hate our losses, they drive me crazy.. why would you wanna sacrifice a win to 'see what we have' when we have no say in it? it doesn't matter if we have a chance to make the playoffs tommorrow, i wanna see us win :)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I see no evidence that he's dramatically better than the Vandy kid, who will only cost a first--unlike Rivers.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
HummerMan said:
because i don't agree with it, i agree with playing to win.. i wanna see the cowboys win, why? because i'm a fan... i hate our losses, they drive me crazy.. why would you wanna sacrifice a win to 'see what we have' when we have no say in it? it doesn't matter if we have a chance to make the playoffs tommorrow, i wanna see us win :)

so don't you think it's a good investment to give your players time when winning OR losing doesn't matter and IF your starter goes down you've got someone WITH some experience?

by this matter you would NEVER give a rookie a chance to start. watching eli tonight in his 2nd year, 1st year starting from the word go. wasn't "warner" a better chance to win?

i wanna win also - LONG TERM. 1 meaningless game at the expense of experience and evaluation time makes no sense to me.

peace out.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
YoMick said:
Rivers auditioning for JJ, BP and Cowboys?

Could bring him in behind Bledsoe next year and start him in 2007 if Henson and Romo are not it?

Happy New Years Cowboys Fans!

I said it another Rivers thread. NO WAY do I want Rivers in Dallas. He makes a tree stump look like Michael Vick.

He has a weak arm. There are puntes that would love to have the same hang time on their punts like what Rivers gets when he throws the ball.

Horrible throwin motion.

I will take Romo or Henson over Rivers easy. Both are much more mobile and athletic. Henson has a rocket arm. Romo has a strong arm. Romo can put alot more zip on his passes then Rivers could ever dream of.

NO ON RIVERS!!

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
iceberg said:
so don't you think it's a good investment to give your players time when winning OR losing doesn't matter and IF your starter goes down you've got someone WITH some experience?

by this matter you would NEVER give a rookie a chance to start. watching eli tonight in his 2nd year, 1st year starting from the word go. wasn't "warner" a better chance to win?

i wanna win also - LONG TERM. 1 meaningless game at the expense of experience and evaluation time makes no sense to me.

peace out.
yeah, ok

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
iceberg said:
who said good coaches don't put in backups "just because" just earlier today???

it's a great opportunity and i'm glad he's getting it. if we're in the same position i hope romo and/or hensen gets some time in also.

looks like it does happen after all, huh?
Uh yea if you want to try and showcase a guy for trade?
Lemme guess, SD really cares how good Rivers is in 5 years?

:lmao2:

Eskimo

Reaction score
Hard to judge a player by a single game but Rivers didn't do anything spectacular. He demonstrated a poor feel for the rush, a pop gun arm with awkward mechanics and poor athletic ability.

His main attributes of intelligence, leadership, accuracy and touch were not on display today but I wouldn't read too much into that.

I don't think Rivers' stock would rise because of this game, it may have dropped.

Chargers will be in an awkward position with Brees coming off a shoulder injury and Rivers being relatively unproven. If they get good QB play they will probably be SB favourites for next year.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
Hard to judge a player by a single game but Rivers didn't do anything spectacular. He demonstrated a poor feel for the rush, a pop gun arm with awkward mechanics and poor athletic ability.

His main attributes of intelligence, leadership, accuracy and touch were not on display today but I wouldn't read too much into that.

I don't think Rivers' stock would rise because of this game, it may have dropped.

Chargers will be in an awkward position with Brees coming off a shoulder injury and Rivers being relatively unproven. If they get good QB play they will probably be SB favourites for next year.

I will take Drew Henson over Rivers any day. Henson has everything over Rivers. Henson is very athletic and mobile. Rivers has less mobility then a tree stump. Henson is smarter. Henson has a rocket arm.....Rivers has a noodle arm.

I am trying to think of a QB I would take Rivers over and I cant think of any yet.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I love seeing A.J. Smith get embarassed. He made an *** out of himself talking crap about Rivers holdout then playing hardball with Antonio Gates. That alone might have cost them a trip to the playoffs. And was some good luck for us to boot. He could have had a bonafide number one WR to go with that offense in Roy Williams. He now will be lucky to get a late first rounder for Rivers who went 4th overall.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
I will take Drew Henson over Rivers any day. Henson has everything over Rivers. Henson is very athletic and mobile. Rivers has less mobility then a tree stump. Henson is smarter. Henson has a rocket arm.....Rivers has a noodle arm.

I am trying to think of a QB I would take Rivers over and I cant think of any yet.

I don't know about how to choose between Henson and Rivers at present. Henson certainly has the better tangibles but BP has played major headgames with him and messed up his mechanics for reasons that elude me. His future is likely elsewhere or will have to wait for BP to retire.

I would not trade much for Rivers because I never believed he was worthy of a top-10 pick.

If I were SD GM I would commit long-term to Brees if his shoulder prognosis is good and hope to get a king's ransom for Rivers. Heck, Jimmy Johnson managed to get a 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder for Steve Walsh who may be a comparable player to Rivers.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point, I don't see how you could choose between Henson and Rivers either. But I do know there is NO WAY I want the Cowboys giving up a first rounder for Rivers.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ok.... Rivers sounds like a dog... a dog with fleas according to the members of this board... thanks for the 411 - any positives about him? or was he drafted that high just because...

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
HummerMan said:

Ok what is better? we don't make the playoffs and finish 10-6? We don't make the playoffs and finish 9-7?

At this point who cares? Why not start your backup's? You think Henry will be playing at this point? How about Rivera? Probably not. Why? Because it wont matter. So why not the backup QB's? And you never know, we might just win the game anyway.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
I don't know about how to choose between Henson and Rivers at present. Henson certainly has the better tangibles but BP has played major headgames with him and messed up his mechanics for reasons that elude me. His future is likely elsewhere or will have to wait for BP to retire.

I would not trade much for Rivers because I never believed he was worthy of a top-10 pick.

If I were SD GM I would commit long-term to Brees if his shoulder prognosis is good and hope to get a king's ransom for Rivers. Heck, Jimmy Johnson managed to get a 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder for Steve Walsh who may be a comparable player to Rivers.

i hate bp's games, but if he can't figure out a coach and get past the head games he won't be an nfl qb at any level.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Isn't this about the 300 thread on Rivers to Dallas. I can't wait for the Vince Young and Matt Leinert threads to start when we have absolutely no chance at either one.