Twitter: Check out our newest DE

quickccc

Reaction score
Man I hope he's gotten his life together. Not even for the teams sake because the team will do whatever its gonna do with or without him. He's had a few chances but this may be his last one ultimately. If he wants to he may can end his career like Cameron Wake up into his 30's.

because of all the massive suspensions and time away from the game, there shouldn't be the wear and tear toll on Alden, ..ditto with Gregory as well.
That preservation should come in handy :cool:

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hopefully hes not a "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane"

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
He has not been reinstated yet and that is still 100% in the hands of Führer Goodell, so he may never be. Same for Randy Gregory and David Irving, so we can all stop thinking about these guys until such a time we hear the news that they have been reinstated. Don't hold your breath.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Not sure what you see in the video to make you think he is ready to play. I hope the dude has his life on track for peace, happiness and success, but I doubt he makes the final 53 at the end of camp.
The only thing that keeps him off the final roster is a relapse.

If you are referring to anything on the field then you’re crazy.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I'll stick to what I've said before, his physical talent doesn't concern me at all. He's one of those players born to be an NFL pass rusher. What's going on between his ears scares me but I'm pulling hard for him. real hard. This kid IMO can get you 7-8 sacks getting out bed, IF he makes to the field.
Couldn’t have said it any better. I want him to succeed not as just a Dallas cowboy but as a man. Guy was sleeping under cars some nights as he hit rock bottom. Would be a feel good story.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys took a chance on Aldon Smith, hoping he'd be able to contribute something meaningful to our pass rush. He looks to be strong and in good condition to compete, although, he's understandably rusty and should take time to get fully into football condition. I'm not expecting instant gratification and nobody as a fan would be justified in doing so, either. Much the same can obviously be said for a rusty Randy Gregory.

Making an impressive and quick comeback after four full years of being away from the game isn't a justifiable expectation. I think both he and Gregory will understandably be limited to spot duty for a fair amount of time before proving they're ready to please. Let's wisely set our expectations accordingly.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
because of all the massive suspensions and time away from the game, there shouldn't be the wear and tear toll on Alden, ..ditto with Gregory as well.
That preservation should come in handy :cool:
Alcohol does put wear and tear on your body though. Ask Josh Hamilton.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'll stick to what I've said before, his physical talent doesn't concern me at all. He's one of those players born to be an NFL pass rusher. What's going on between his ears scares me but I'm pulling hard for him. real hard. This kid IMO can get you 7-8 sacks getting out bed, IF he makes to the field.
The saying one bad day applies to Smith. I can see him having a great game and then later in the week he is arrested for a DWI and then he is suspended. You can’t trust him.

Silverstar

Reaction score
The saying one bad day applies to Smith. I can see him having a great game and then later in the week he is arrested for a DWI and then he is suspended. You can’t trust him.

If that great game is a divisional round playoff win I'm ok it.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The only thing that keeps him off the final roster is a relapse.

If you are referring to anything on the field then you’re crazy.
He is no lock to make the roster. I hope he can be productive, but it's a longshot.

GMO415

Reaction score
Yawn. Dude hasn't played in four years. So his legs work.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Yawn. Dude hasn't played in four years. So his legs work.
He also pulled the resistance strength equipment off the wall at the training center so the upper body is there as well.

physically he’s a beast. He was always a physical specimen. Now he’s bigger and stronger

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Damn.......look like this boy's ready to play right now

This signing is either huge or a bust.

To me, injuries is the biggest risk with Smith.

Not playing for so long and his body has changed now. I have no clue how this goes.

Hammies, quads, shoulder and hip issues are the ones he needs to guard against. Otherwise I give him mid-season before IR.

Just my feelings.

DL should still be high on our list in the draft.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He also pulled the resistance strength equipment off the wall at the training center so the upper body is there as well.

physically he’s a beast. He was always a physical specimen. Now he’s bigger and stronger
Suffice it to say..

any video we see is going to be flattering to our subject.

I want to see the video of the machine coming off the wall. Sounds a little suspicious.

Was there a bolt loose?

When something sounds too good to be true..guess what.?

Gullable is no way to go thru life.

I also have some magic beans for sale if you are interested..

Boom.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So little risk, so much reward. I hope his reinstatement happens so the redemption story can continue. Color me inspired by Aldon.