Twitter: Check out our newest DE

Kwyn

Reaction score
Suffice it to say..

any video we see is going to be flattering to our subject.

I want to see the video of the machine coming off the wall. Sounds a little suspicious.

Was there a bolt loose?

When something sounds too good to be true..guess what.?

Gullable is no way to go thru life.

I also have some magic beans for sale if you are interested..

Boom.
Whatever dude. It was Jay Glazer. The gym he runs. He was there.

why would he lie about something so silly

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah but let me tell you.......the highlight of Taco's career was him being named "Taco". Aldon Smith's highlight of his career is him being the best pass rusher in the league. There's no comparison. Taco is a never was. Aldon was actually someone at one point. And based on his history...seems like he was dominating the league while suffering alcoholism.

Could be too tough for him to come back from such a long layoff, but what he could do on the field isn't something that is taught. It's natural talent. Being in great shape only enhances that talent. Taco can only hope to be the level of football player Smith was ... and might not ever be the level of player Smith is now.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Realistically his ceiling is Bennett level production. 7-7.5 sacks in limited snaps over 16 games while also being solid vs the run. That would be a huge win for the organization and Smith's career going forward.

johneric8

Reaction score
Exactly. The pessimists here are depressing. They find flaws in everything. I’m going to choose to be optimistic, come back player of the year and 13 sacks.

I was getting ready to post the same thing as you but saw your post before I did.. Oh well, I agree with you! I understand a forum is a place to made your opinions known but I think Aldon is a great story thus far so at the very least we should all just simply be routing for the guy and our team.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll stick to what I've said before, his physical talent doesn't concern me at all. He's one of those players born to be an NFL pass rusher. What's going on between his ears scares me but I'm pulling hard for him. real hard. This kid IMO can get you 7-8 sacks getting out bed, IF he makes to the field.
I would have said that if he had just missed a year or two, but he hasn't played since 2015. That's an awful long gap. He was once a great player, and I'm excited to see what he has left, but until I see it I'm not betting on it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Man I hope he's gotten his life together. Not even for the teams sake because the team will do whatever its gonna do with or without him. He's had a few chances but this may be his last one ultimately. If he wants to he may can end his career like Cameron Wake up into his 30's.

Have you read about him? I would say that he has completely turned things around.

Wood

Reaction score
What did they describe him as? Thus video is from January.

Glazer was saying he is shredded 285 lbs. Honestly, he doesn't look that ripped to me. Just looked like 30 year old guy running fast on treadmill. Either way it still doesn't give us any info on what he can do on field. I am for the signing if for nothing else he can be inspiration for others in his situation.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Glazer was saying he is shredded 285 lbs. Honestly, he doesn't look that ripped to me. Just looked like 30 year old guy running fast on treadmill. Either way it still doesn't give us any info on what he can do on field. I am for the signing if for nothing else he can be inspiration for others in his situation.
That video is from e months ago, you can change your body a WHOLE lot in 90 days....

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Impressive......but dem 4 years though!

I know, call me crazy but I'm expecting 8-10 sacks IF he makes it to the field. Funny thing, the scariest thing to me what happens if/after he's successfully back??????? Rock bottom is a great motivator.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I know, call me crazy but I'm expecting 8-10 sacks IF he makes it to the field. Funny thing, the scariest thing to me what happens if/after he's successfully back??????? Rock bottom is a great motivator.
Heck I hope he gets 20 sacks if he is wearing the star but right now I cant act like it hasnt been.......4 years

Flamma

Reaction score
So little risk, so much reward. I hope his reinstatement happens so the redemption story can continue. Color me inspired by Aldon.

Couldn't agree more. The risk is fan disappointment, no real harm to the team. What worries me is not so much that he's been out of the game for so long, but the article I read that said he was sober for 9 months. See the concern? I'll still be rooting for him.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Not sure what you see in the video to make you think he is ready to play. I hope the dude has his life on track for peace, happiness and success, but I doubt he makes the final 53 at the end of camp.

Aldon would look spectacularly funny running furiously fast in place while the rest of the defensive line tries to get to the quarterback.

All joking aside I think that Aldon can help our defensive front if we have an upcoming season. He is keeping at it not only getting in shape and he likely knows what he has to do to get ready even for the rigors of training camp.