Check out Urban Meyer's tip regarding special team

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I'm sure you guys have seen this by now, but if not, check out the level of detail that went into that punt block last week. BB knew from the wind direction where our punter would be facing and thus where to send the rush. It's about 1:44 or so.

Meanwhile we can't even communicate to our ST when to fair catch or not, or to move up on short kickoffs into the wind.

Techsass

Reaction score
The players will do their best. But when we have a you'll opponent, Red always find some way to create a loss.
Plenty of head scratching disappointments for sure, but also enough WOW surprises to keep me on the edge of my seat until the fat lady sings.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'm sure you guys have seen this by now, but if not, check out the level of detail that went into that punt block last week. BB knew from the wind direction where our punter would be facing and thus where to send the rush. It's about 1:44 or so.

Meanwhile we can't even communicate to our ST when to fair catch or not, or to move up on short kickoffs into the wind.

Belichek plays chess.

Garrett plays tiddlywinks.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
This is exactly why I like him.......he a coach of ALL 3 phases of the game. Sure he'll have his coor for all 3 phases but the guy knows how to win. Kinda Jimmy Johnsonish .......

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSfOIkxg9a33bhqLEUvjRa2XJInK11yddaOanU2TPbpQERo1aJO

MojaveJT

Reaction score

All these HC’s know football but it’s the ones that go above and beyond. Capturing all the details and noticing things that others don’t. All Garrett thinks about is TOP and execution. That’s why everyone runs circles around this fool.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I've never seen him talk into his headset, all I recall is chewing gum. I honestly wonder if its connected to anyone

It's the equivalent of giving your younger sibling or cousin the video game controller but it isn't plugged in. Letting him think he's involved and he's having fun.

This has been mentioned before. Not once has anyone ever seen him talk into the headset. And his comment after the game pretty much told us why. Someone asked if he talks to Kellen through the game to get a feel for what he's thinking. Garrett said there is a time and place for that and gameday isn't it. Lmao. Ummmm that is the PERFECT time for it. Coaches talking to each other and bouncing ideas off each other and adjusting on the fly. But nope, not this "head coach". He sits and stands in one place and claps and butt slaps. And does zero. The players honestly would not even know he's missing if he missed the game. Can you say this about Belichik and the other good coaches? Nope. Their presence is known and needed.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

DandyTom64

Reaction score
That's about 500% more aware than Garrett has ever been of course it's hard to be aware when you stand there staring off into space I doubt he has any clue about this
Garretts just trying to remember if he left his iron plugged in.

Zman5

Reaction score

Jesse Holly on the podcast mentioned that the Patriots most likely knew that Thomas had flu and didn't practice all week so they had their best ST player attack him on that punt block.

Little details like that is the difference between winning and losing.

cern

Reaction score
He continues to not so subtly lobby for the job. Like the guy. Just worry about the brain tumor. I'm sure Jerry's taken notice.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He continues to not so subtly lobby for the job. Like the guy. Just worry about the brain tumor. I'm sure Jerry's taken notice.

Worse case, he's here only 2-3 years but that can be also be 2-3 year for Moore/Kitna to gain more experience.​

cern

Reaction score
Worse case, he's here only 2-3 years but that can be also be 2-3 year for Moore/Kitna to gain more experience.​
Best case tumor/growth is fine and he has no trouble. But I'd never dare to venture a guess what Jerry's thinking. That's the scary part.