Chemistry Issue With Gallup

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Lol..join the right party,.we're talking on the deep routes, those are the passes they have issues with.
No "they" dont have issues - its Dak that has the issue.

Gallup is doing his job and beating his man. Like I said 4-5 weeks in a row he has overthrown that kid.

Dre11

Reaction score
Here is another short one - watch his TD and how he absolutely BURNS the CB. Dak hit him that time.

Now in the NO game, they ran the same exact play but to the other side...Dak looks hard to his left - then turns back and lets it go to Gallup except this time overthrows a WIDE open Gallup.

First I don't see a clip, second if I remember correctly the one vs No , when Dak comes back to him and releases the ball Gallup eases a bit.

Dre11

Reaction score

Gallup is doing his job and beating his man. Like I said 4-5 weeks in a row he has overthrown that kid.

They do have an issue, why doesn't he have an issue with Cooper? Who's been here less time. I'll tell you why, he's where he's suppose to be. He makes up his cushion a lot quicker than Gallup and has the speed to run under his passes.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
First I don't see a clip, second if I remember correctly the one vs No , when Dak comes back to him and releases the ball Gallup eases a bit.
Here is the Wash one - he runs the same exact hitch route vs the Saints - absolutely no let up on either one.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Here is another NO one - go to about 13:15 and tell me he lets up on the route.

Dre11

Reaction score

As Gallup said, and watching it you can see it. I coach WRs and Dbs. You can clearly see it.

“It was a good ball,” Gallup said. “I’ve got to dig a littler harder coming out of my route. But we know it’s there so we’re going to click.”

Premium content for only $0.99

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article222566845.html#storylink=cpy

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
As Gallup said, and watching it you can see it. I coach WRs and Dbs. You can clearly see it.

“It was a good ball,” Gallup said. “I’ve got to dig a littler harder coming out of my route. But we know it’s there so we’re going to click.”

Premium content for only $0.99

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article222566845.html#storylink=cpy
What on the ONE route - Cmon now...

The issue isn't on that last route - the issues goes back a few weeks.

Dre11

Reaction score
Here is another NO one - go to about 13:15 and tell me he lets up on the route.

Exactly as I said and Gallup said, look at the timing, when Dak turns to release the ball and how Gallup comes out of his stop. Dak is already winding up as he coming out of the break.

Dre11

Reaction score
What on the ONE route - Cmon now...

The issue isn't on that last route - the issues goes back a few weeks.

IF YOU WATH THEM, YOU WILL SEE THE TIMING ISSUE IN EACH OF THE INDIVIDUAL ROUTE.

Dre11

Reaction score
Here is the Wash one - he runs the same exact hitch route vs the Saints - absolutely no let up on either one.

Now go back and look at it again, look at how hard he gets back into his route, there's no wasted motion after he stop

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Here is another short one - watch his TD and how he absolutely BURNS the CB. Dak hit him that time.

Now in the NO game, they ran the same exact play but to the other side...Dak looks hard to his left - then turns back and lets it go to Gallup except this time overthrows a WIDE open Gallup.
That was one play after Dak has scrambled for 11 yards on 3rd and 10 for a 1st down, He broke 3 tackles and got up super amped and flexing.

Why the next play wasn't a Zeke run is a serious mystery.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Exactly as I said and Gallup said, look at the timing, when Dak turns to release the ball and how Gallup comes out of his stop. Dak is already winding up as he coming out of the break.
Are you sure your watching at around 13:14 - cause at 13:24 gallup is coming out of his break and Dak is still looking to his left - Dak doesn't throw till 13:26.

Thats the game vs NO - not the last route of the Eagles game - just so we clear.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Poor throws to an open WR downfield can make for some really bad chemistry.

Dre11

Reaction score
Are you sure your watching at around 13:14 - cause at 13:24 gallup is coming out of his break and Dak is still looking to his left - Dak doesn't throw till 13:26.

Thats the game vs NO - not the last route of the Eagles game - just so we clear.

Yes I am , in the NO game Gallup doesn't come out hard, the washington catch he waste no steps after the stop.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
That was one play after Dak has scrambled for 11 yards on 3rd and 10 for a 1st down, He broke 3 tackles and got up super amped and flexing.

Why the next play wasn't a Zeke run is a serious mystery.
If you want to make that argument, thats fine but some around here want to make it like the kid is letting up on his routes cause of that one time.

Dre11

Reaction score
Ummm I guess one wants to see what one wants to see.

I see what I'm trained to see, now Dak could put more air under it too, that's what you call chemistry issues. They both need to adjust.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I see what I'm trained to see, now Dak could put more air under it too, that's what you call chemistry issues. They both need to adjust.
Well first you said "Dak is already winding up as he coming out of the break." - Thats turns out to be not accurate, and "coming out of breaks" and "letting up on the routes" are 2 different issues.

And yes its no secret that Dak doesn't throw the touch pass very well, hence the mismatch with a WR like Dez who feasted on that back shoulder fade which Dak

wasn't very good at to say the least.