Chemistry Issue With Gallup

Kaiser

Reaction score
LOLOLOL You are hilarious. Eagle in Avatar and claim to be a Cowboys fan sick of losing but hating on this 30-15 QB.
Confused Peasant through and through.

I read that as "Confused Pheasant" and thought you were talking about Risen Star.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Gallup would be having a great year if he ran better routes and caught the ball more consistently.
The deep ball issues are on both guys but if Amari Cooper can go from below average WR1 the last year plus with Carr to be the best WR in football from the time he stepped on the field with Dak only a truly stupid person would suggest the QB is holding other guys back.

Wow. Beating the defender like a drum & running wide open isn't running a good route. Can't catch what isn't in your time zone.

Amari is a beast. Definitely they have a connection. But Amari has made plays on some not great throws or their "connection" wouldn't be that great either.

There are a lot of truly stupid people then. Cause we all see the warts along with the good.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Gallup would be having a great year if he ran better routes and caught the ball more consistently.
The deep ball issues are on both guys but if Amari Cooper can go from below average WR1 the last year plus with Carr to be the best WR in football from the time he stepped on the field with Dak only a truly stupid person would suggest the QB is holding other guys back.

Watch the games please and stop it with these stupid theories.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Wow. Beating the defender like a drum & running wide open isn't running a good route. Can't catch what isn't in your time zone.

Amari is a beast. Definitely they have a connection. But Amari has made plays on some not great throws or their "connection" wouldn't be that great either.

There are a lot of truly stupid people then. Cause we all see the warts along with the good.
There are absolutely warts but to pretend one guy is holding another back then watch him elevate a different guy to best in the league status is well stupid.
Amari wasn't "beasting" with Carr.

This offense you may have heard is a timing based offense. A player is expected to be at spot X at a certain time.
Gallup on 2 of those deep balls has major issues of his own causing.
On 1 he simply stopped running and loafed then took off when he saw ball was thrown. (in his defense he had food poisoning all week and as the de facto Go route guy he had to be exhausted)
On another he literally ran a full stop, fake come back and cost himself at least 5 yards on the end of the route. The point is to merely get even with a DB then blow past them. Not run a 5 second double move pattern every go route.

On a 3rd Sidney Jones held him the entire route or he would have likely caught it in stride for a TD.

Those are nuanced things that Gallup just doesn't do as well as Cooper(cooper was jousting entire route on the 75 yarder but won the physical battle and got the spot) and he will get better as he gains experience and physicality.
WR is one of the tougher positions in the NFL to pick up.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yeah I kind of get that, but we've had a whole lot of in between, in between, seasons, playoff losses, coaches, players.... In between hasn't resulted in a lot of trophies these past 20 years. I enjoy the wins Staubach I'm kind of a superbowl or bust kind of guy. Especially after being let down several times by this coaching staff; but take it how you can get it.
I'm that way too, but I'm not going to let that get in the way of me enjoying the moment. It's like life, you spend your time worrying too much and not living, you grow old and look back and it hits you that you never really enjoyed anything.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He connected with Cooper for the long ball on a throw that would have been an interception or incompletion against a legit corner. Cooper is just that good.

Dak was horrible early, and pretty good late. But his stats do not tell the number of throws he didn't make yesterday. Cooper was WIDE OPEN the entire game, and he didn't do much with him until the 4th quarter.
So he should’ve threw for 700 yards yesterday?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Exactly - this is what I wrote in another thread on the same subject...

Oh please stop - Gallop lets up a bit on the last one and now its a "thing"

This is like 4-5 weeks in a row that Gallop absolutely burned his man and Dak overthrew him, there was absolutely no let up on the routes .

Geez he had his man beat by like 7 yards against NO and Dak overthrew him by a mile.

Rewatch it. Gallup did let up a bit. Even Aikman mentioned it.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I try not to throw myself in the QB debate fire but here we go.

I guess I would qualify as a Dak apologist to some people here. I like the guy and I feel like he has some tools to develop but I try to be fair. I was yelling at my television and ready to blame him for loss tonight on multiple occasions but...

The Gallup issues aren’t all on him. The fact that he is connecting with Cooper on these same throws tells me that he has the ability. Him and Gallup should be practicing tirelessly to get this timing and chemistry down so they can routinely take advantage of these opportunities. Dak/Cooper are on the same page after just a few weeks of practice with no training camp.

After all, these are not high percentage throws regardless of what some fans think. We were 1/3 last week, 0/3 today. If we capitalized on 1-2 more of these opportunities these last two weeks may have been a bit less stressful.

Edit: This is not a slight on Gallup..just an observation that the deep passes seem to be a chemistry issue more than an ability issue.

The problem could also be because we practice the same tired and boring plays that Garrett installed with little room for improvisation. Witten even commented about the offense being bland and not much room for improvisation.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He did. Gallup has some work to do for sure.

But Dak needs to put more air under those throws.

Yes Dak does need to put some air under those throws. He needs to work on having touch. One good off season should do it.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score

I guess I would qualify as a Dak apologist to some people here. I like the guy and I feel like he has some tools to develop but I try to be fair. I was yelling at my television and ready to blame him for loss tonight on multiple occasions but...

The Gallup issues aren’t all on him. The fact that he is connecting with Cooper on these same throws tells me that he has the ability. Him and Gallup should be practicing tirelessly to get this timing and chemistry down so they can routinely take advantage of these opportunities. Dak/Cooper are on the same page after just a few weeks of practice with no training camp.

After all, these are not high percentage throws regardless of what some fans think. We were 1/3 last week, 0/3 today. If we capitalized on 1-2 more of these opportunities these last two weeks may have been a bit less stressful.

Edit: This is not a slight on Gallup..just an observation that the deep passes seem to be a chemistry issue more than an ability issue.

On the second long ball, Gallup definitely pulled up on the route. But the first one, and two previous misses from week's past, were all on Dak. Again, even Brady and Brees will miss those throws occasionally, but Dak has missed wide open receivers A LOT this year. He seems to be getting better, so there is hope, but we he missed that first Gallup deep throw last night, I almost threw my shoe at the TV.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Rewatch it. Gallup did let up a bit. Even Aikman mentioned it.
I said he let up - the point is it was that one time in the last 4-5 weeks that Dak has overthrown him.

Eventually those misses opportunities will catch up to you.

Dre11

Reaction score
So now the excuse is that Gallup stuttered in his route 1 time so that’s been the problem all season?

You Dak apologists are something else.

If you watch him run his route and not be a lazy fan you would see that. Now, Dak could put more air under some of those throws too. But the fact he doesn't have the issue with Cooper is all you need to know. It ain't about being a Dak apologist, it's analyzing and not making a lazy claim.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

He should have done just that on that pass...he should have kept his Gallup and not slowed down.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
If you watch him run his route and not be a lazy fan you would see that. Now, Dak could put more air under some of those throws too. But the fact he doesn't have the issue with Cooper is all you need to know. It ain't about being a Dak apologist, it's analyzing and not making a lazy claim.
I think this was already posted in the is thread........please show where he lets up on his routes...

Dre11

Reaction score
I think this was already posted in the is thread........please show where he lets up on his routes...

Lol..join the right party,.we're talking on the deep routes, those are the passes they have issues with.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Here is another short one - watch his TD and how he absolutely BURNS the CB. Dak hit him that time.

Now in the NO game, they ran the same exact play but to the other side...Dak looks hard to his left - then turns back and lets it go to Gallup except this time overthrows a WIDE open Gallup.