Chemistry Issue With Gallup

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I know fans have to hate Bob because he comes around to make you feel like a idiot when he brings up facts like he does lol.
You win...lol...Dak is average, not elite.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cooper being a veteran knows how to adjust, Gallup will adjust in due time. Until then, Dak needs to realize he is a rookie, and put some air under the ball. Cooper could not save Dak on the interception.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yes for sure and its not right IMO.

That's what I'm trying to paint the picture of.

There are so many that constantly crap on Dak saying he's garbage or is a bottom 10 starter in the league, which simply isnt true.

There's a small contingent that overblow how good Dak is, and they are also wrong.
Dak is an average starting QB in the NFL and should be thought of as such. Yet when there's anything positive said about him you get called a "Dak-tard" or homer. It's ridiculous.

erod

Reaction score
Its easy to say Dak can't throw the deep ball but there's a reason why he can connect with a veteran like Cooper and he's not with Gallup. I'm optimistic about Gallup. He and Dak BOTH need to get on the same page with each other. That 2nd over throw was on Gallup. I can't say if the 1st was or not......I've heard people say he let up on that route too but I couldn't tell from television. I'm not concerned with it. Its going to come.

He connected with Cooper for the long ball on a throw that would have been an interception or incompletion against a legit corner. Cooper is just that good.

Dak was horrible early, and pretty good late. But his stats do not tell the number of throws he didn't make yesterday. Cooper was WIDE OPEN the entire game, and he didn't do much with him until the 4th quarter.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak has a top 10 deep ball passer rating since he entered the league.
He can throw the deep ball just fine.
When he misses 90% of the time it is long which means TD or incompletion.
No QB completes more than 35% of those throws or else that's all they'd ever throw.

Gallup is wide open because he runs a collegiate like stop and go.
NFL is a sped up league.
WR's can't really full stop.
So yes it fools the heck of the CB but also everyone else, lol.
Gallup will get that down in time.

He didn't practice all week with food poisoning which couldn't have helped as well.

If Dak and Gallup get aligned there this offense will soar.

Dak was able to get on the same page with Cooper in 2 weeks... so hard to blame the QB(in this one area unless you are the kind of sycophant who blames the qb for everything).

You guys are jumping through mental hoola hoops to figure out why a professional QB can not hit a open WR streaking down field. Just stop it.

FalseStart75Pozderac

Reaction score
Right now, I just happy that we have two receivers who can separate. We didn't have that earlier in the season.

Yes, seeing this type of separation and ability to get open is a big tease.

With that being said, I don't expect to be teased much longer. They gotta start connecting on those passes .

Ddisco22

Reaction score
I try not to throw myself in the QB debate fire but here we go.

I guess I would qualify as a Dak apologist to some people here. I like the guy and I feel like he has some tools to develop but I try to be fair. I was yelling at my television and ready to blame him for loss tonight on multiple occasions but...

The Gallup issues aren’t all on him. The fact that he is connecting with Cooper on these same throws tells me that he has the ability. Him and Gallup should be practicing tirelessly to get this timing and chemistry down so they can routinely take advantage of these opportunities. Dak/Cooper are on the same page after just a few weeks of practice with no training camp.

After all, these are not high percentage throws regardless of what some fans think. We were 1/3 last week, 0/3 today. If we capitalized on 1-2 more of these opportunities these last two weeks may have been a bit less stressful.

Edit: This is not a slight on Gallup..just an observation that the deep passes seem to be a chemistry issue more than an ability issue.
I think a part of it is chemistry,it changes with every missed throw or opportunity. Dak flat out missed him on one long play that should have been a TD, on the other one it looked as though Gallup slowed up or something, after his juke move he didn't seem to get his speed back up and was overthrown.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Gallup is still young and raw.

He’s playing more than anticipated. It’ll come with time

But man. Him and Cooper what a a great 1-2 punch
I agree, he still has time to learn and pick up things, unlike Coop who is a Vet. I noticed on a missed play last week as well where it looked like Gallup slowed up. just have to remind guys to keep hustling until the play is dead.

slomoxn

Reaction score
He threw 3 TDs tonight and he won the game. When it's all said and done, the only thing I remember are wins/losses. I don't care about the in between.
Yeah I kind of get that, but we've had a whole lot of in between, in between, seasons, playoff losses, coaches, players.... In between hasn't resulted in a lot of trophies these past 20 years. I enjoy the wins Staubach I'm kind of a superbowl or bust kind of guy. Especially after being let down several times by this coaching staff; but take it how you can get it.

John813

Reaction score
Cooper being a veteran knows how to adjust, Gallup will adjust in due time. Until then, Dak needs to realize he is a rookie, and put some air under the ball. Cooper could not save Dak on the interception.

I was thinking the same thing.
Blame probably is split 50/50 or towards Gallup a tad, but I'll give him a pass since he is a rookie.

Dak is showing he can go deep successfully to Cooper. And in the past he could connect with Butler.

May be a simple timing issue, which could make some sense being that Gallup is a rookie.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Irvin days,, early Dez days.. that's what Cooper brings now.

He was certainly in that class last night. He also adds a different dimension than Irvin or Dez who beat you physically, Cooper is too quick to blanket and can explode on you at any time. He is starting to develop timing with Dak, that will only improve.

And they don't need to do it, but eventually they will do exactly what they did with Dez and Irvin - just force the ball to him knowing he will either make the play or knock it down to prevent the INT.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If Gallup slowed down it was because he knew couldn’t get to it anyway. He’s missed MG so many times now that Gallup expects it. Dak sucks.

Dak sucks in a game where Cooper had the most receiving yards of any WR in football this year.

Sure, why not.

Kaiser

Reaction score
You guys are jumping through mental hoola hoops to figure out why a professional QB can not hit a open WR streaking down field. Just stop it.

Troy Aikman said the same thing and he made the Hall of Fame at the position.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If Gallup slowed down it was because he knew couldn’t get to it anyway. He’s missed MG so many times now that Gallup expects it. Dak sucks.
LOLOLOL You are hilarious. Eagle in Avatar and claim to be a Cowboys fan sick of losing but hating on this 30-15 QB.
Confused Peasant through and through.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Gallup would be having a huge year if the ball were being thrown accurately ...
Gallup would be having a great year if he ran better routes and caught the ball more consistently.
The deep ball issues are on both guys but if Amari Cooper can go from below average WR1 the last year plus with Carr to be the best WR in football from the time he stepped on the field with Dak only a truly stupid person would suggest the QB is holding other guys back.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Troy Aikman said the same thing and he made the Hall of Fame at the position.

He said the same thing on 1 play and it was true on that 1 play and it doesn't correlate to the other 50 times Dak has missed Gallup this season.