Chicago's forecast for the game

Doomsay

Reaction score
I've seen a ton of Bears games, some of the players used to practice in our Gym and give out tickets. But I have just been to the old stadium, where the wind off the lake always seemed to be a factor in passing. I assume that it's still an issue, but Soldier Field seems more enclosed now. Back then, the conditions didn't seem to matter to the home team as much because it was Payton left, Payton right, Payton draw or halfback option.

coult44

Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't trust weather forecasts until maybe the day before the game. For all we know it could be 50 and clear by Monday night.

It's not gonna be 50 and clear on any night in Chicago in Decenbeer...This ain't California, sunshine!!!

lqmac1

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can win this game, they can win any remaining game on the schedule.

That game vs Packets worries me a lot. We've seen what stud QBs do to this defense. Assuming Rodgers is back.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
brutal weather conditions favor Chicago imo.

I'd also rather not have Lee back until he's 100% We need him badly but cold weather will not help his hammy.

Cold weather isn't good for Cutler's ankle either.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
That game vs Packets worries me a lot. We've seen what stud QBs do to this defense. Assuming Rodgers is back.

Assuming Rodgers has full strength and can throw. Stick a fork in the Packers. They're finished.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The term snow shower is used here in Michigan. As far as the weather forecast, it's too soon to tell.

theSHOW

Reaction score
This 10 day weather report is BOGUS...the real temp is going to be 75 degrees and sunshine :) :) :)

...and raining touchdowns

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both teams have to play in the same weather. Just play.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Last time Romo and company went up to Chicago in 2007, we won 34-10. Romo's not afraid of Duh Bears. Duh Bears are afraid of Romo.

Eddie

Reaction score
Is Cutler playing? If not, I like our chances.

What's the verdict on Aaron Rodgers? Will he back back for us? If not, we may have something special brewing in Dallas ...

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The temp is probably correct. Anything else is guesswork until about 18-24 hours before the game.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Is Cutler playing? If not, I like our chances.

What's the verdict on Aaron Rodgers? Will he back back for us? If not, we may have something special brewing in Dallas ...

Bring in Rodgers. I get the feeling he's rushing back too soon.

T-RO

Reaction score
How? Does their stadium become a dome when they're on offense?

If they are more accustomed to it, I suppose it would favor them. E.G...you get used to how the winds blow and how it impacts the ball. It's that biting wind that concerns me more than cold or snow.

CowboysPhan

Obsequious Cowboys Toadie
Reaction score
I live in Abilene, TX and I've heard "snow showers" all my life, on those rare occasions when we get snow.

dstovall5

Reaction score
How? Does their stadium become a dome when they're on offense?

I'm not sure which teams up North have Domes, but if their stadiums retract/open fast enough it's plausible to pull off. During the Winter, when their opponent's are on offense, teams should open the stadium to make conditions harsher. But when their own offense is on the field, they should close it and make conditions normal again.

I somehow don't think that would fly though ......

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure which teams up North have Domes, but if their stadiums retract/open fast enough it's plausible to pull off. During the Winter, when their opponent's are on offense, teams should open the stadium to make conditions harsher. But when their own offense is on the field, they should close it and make conditions normal again.

I somehow don't think that would fly though ......

Nope, that's against the rules. The home team has to decide whether to open the roof or keep it closed before the game. Once that decision is made, they can't change it so it stays open or it stays closed.