Chicago's forecast for the game

bark

Reaction score
was just looking too, had high of 28 low of 5. i imagine that low is predawn
hours, but still probly in teens at ko.
screw that noise..im in s.e tx if it gets below 30 and theres the slightest chance of frozen precip schools are closing and people dont think they should have to go to work,ha

I hear ya man...I can only imagine how bad it would be to have a 250 lb linebacker slam you onto that frozen field.
I'm thinking the wind will be a problem as much as the cold. Romo is from the Midwest so maybe he can deal with it...and as they say, both teams have to play in it ...

erod

Reaction score
The good news is, Romo is an excellent bad weather quarterback. He played great in Pittsburgh a few years ago when it was below 20 degrees, and he played well in New York a couple of weeks ago in the cold and wind. He outdueled Foles in the wind in Philly.

Those Wisconsin roots pay off.

In comparison, Aikman was not so good in cold weather.

bark

Reaction score
The good news is, Romo is an excellent bad weather quarterback. He played great in Pittsburgh a few years ago when it was below 20 degrees, and he played well in New York a couple of weeks ago in the cold and wind. He outdueled Foles in the wind in Philly.

Good points

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I knew what it was referring to but I've just never heard the term before. It doesn't even make sense.

Why not? A shower doesn't necessarily imply water. A shower can indicate a sudden spray or fall of something such as meteors, sparks, bullets...or snow.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Why not? A shower doesn't necessarily imply water. A shower can indicate a sudden spray or fall of something such as meteors, sparks, bullets...or snow.

Or dollars... PacMan Jones makin' it ... errr... shower?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
That sounds cold, but I will still enjoy being there

Yeah, might not be able to predict whether it's going to be snowing or not but I think you can predict temperature a bit more accurately. I live in Denver and a cold front has descended upon us from the great white north like a big arctic kick in the pants. It's not supposed to get above freezing before Wednesday of next week at the earliest...

...and it's coming Chicago's way. Oh lawdy, it's coming. Trust me, it's going to be cold in Chicago Monday night, like single-digit cold.

The good news is, it should get the team prepared for the cold weather they'll face when playing in the Super Bowl in NY.

Plankton

Reaction score

Romo was awful against the Steelers in 2008. He threw two brutal interceptions that cost them the game, and went full out moron before the game by playing without long sleeves.

Romo did play well against the Giants in 2006, 2009 and 2013 in colder weather, and was very good against Philadelphia in 2007 and Washington in 2008 and 2009 in cold games.

lostar2009

Reaction score
te="lqmac1, post: 5327173, member: 22588"]27 degrees

WSW : 12 mph

and expecting a "snow shower".

The good news here is Chicago's run defense is atrocious and we have Murray; Lee said he'll be "surprised" if he's a no-go, IS going to practice this week.[/quote]

Lets see how the boys can play in the snow.

Reaction score
Yeah, might not be able to predict whether it's going to be snowing or not but I think you can predict temperature a bit more accurately. I live in Denver and a cold front has descended upon us from the great white north like a big arctic kick in the pants. It's not supposed to get above freezing before Wednesday of next week at the earliest...

...and it's coming Chicago's way. Oh lawdy, it's coming. Trust me, it's going to be cold in Chicago Monday night, like single-digit cold.

The good news is, it should get the team prepared for the cold weather they'll face when playing in the Super Bowl in NY.
It's been cold up here since Monday. We just thought we'd share. :)

Nation

Reaction score
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 26m
Weather forecast for Chicago on Monday is a low of 5 degrees. That sounds fun.

FWIW, per Yahoo splits in Frigid (< 21 F) games:
Cutler is 56 for 105 for 670 yards with 2 TDs and 5 INTs and a 59.6 QB Rating
McCown in 1 game is 7 for 15 for 110 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs and a 54.2 QB Rating
Romo has no games played in those conditions

cowboys2233

Reaction score
FWIW, per Yahoo splits in Frigid (< 21 F) games:
Cutler is 56 for 105 for 670 yards with 2 TDs and 5 INTs and a 59.6 QB Rating
McCown in 1 game is 7 for 15 for 110 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs and a 54.2 QB Rating
Romo has no games played in those conditions

I find that hard to believe. How cold was that Steelers game?

Nation

Reaction score
I find that hard to believe. How cold was that Steelers game?

Above 21. Cutler has been in Chicago for a while now and only played 3 games in those conditions. You don't get a lot of days with the actual temperature below 21.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Above 21. Cutler has been in Chicago for a while now and only played 3 games in those conditions. You don't get a lot of days with the actual temperature below 21.

Yup, 24 degrees, but with a 20 mph wind, so the wind chill was nine degrees.

dallasdave

Reaction score
27 degrees

WSW : 12 mph

and expecting a "snow shower".

The good news here is Chicago's run defense is atrocious and we have Murray; Lee said he'll be "surprised" if he's a no-go, IS going to practice this week.

Also on the radar, Rat is hurt on the first series of defensive plays of the Bears. Forecast looks bleak for Rat.