Chicago's forecast for the game

mahoneybill

Reaction score
The good news is, Romo is an excellent bad weather quarterback. He played great in Pittsburgh a few years ago when it was below 20 degrees, and he played well in New York a couple of weeks ago in the cold and wind. He outdueled Foles in the wind in Philly.

Those Wisconsin roots pay off.

In comparison, Aikman was not so good in cold weather.

Good summary. Troy was especially affected by rain.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I was at that Pittsburgh game in 08, it was 9 degrees with the wind chill. Maybe it was over 21, but that certainly constituted cold conditions. Romo threw 3 picks, but that Steeler defense I think only allowed 1 300 yard day for total offense all year. The Cowboys had 289. Romo made mistakes, but weather had no effect on his passing.

theSHOW

Reaction score
The good news is, Romo is an excellent bad weather quarterback. He played great in Pittsburgh a few years ago when it was below 20 degrees, and he played well in New York a couple of weeks ago in the cold and wind. He outdueled Foles in the wind in Philly.

Those Wisconsin roots pay off.

In comparison, Aikman was not so good in cold weather.

outdueled? lol it was 17-3 but I get your point. Being in Wisconsin and then eastern Illinois during his colligate years Tony would be familiar with the elements. But living in Dallas his blood is thinner just like all the southerners. It will feel colder than when he was young. This fact gives the Bears the advantage. However under armor today makes a cold man warm. Romo seems to be able to find his targets in wind and rain better than many. I will tell you that Peyton Manning is a lousy cold and wind QB

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The weather should not be a factor for us.

The team is going to get practice In freezing cold and ice today and tomorrow.

We have a big strong running back and utilize a mostly short quick passing game.

Hopefully it affects Chicago trying to throw the football down the field.

We are never going to stop forte though.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I was at that Pittsburgh game in 08, it was 9 degrees with the wind chill. Maybe it was over 21, but that certainly constituted cold conditions. Romo threw 3 picks, but that Steeler defense I think only allowed 1 300 yard day for total offense all year. The Cowboys had 289. Romo made mistakes, but weather had no effect on his passing.

Yes it did , it had a huge effect . All his throws were high I've never seen him throw like that .

Deep_South

Reaction score
When the temperature gets down to well below freezing, the wind is blowing, it's snowing, etc., people are just people. Everyone is cold, no matter where they might have been a few days before. The Bears won't have any advantage due to inclement weather, IMO.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
When the temperature gets down to well below freezing, the wind is blowing, it's snowing, etc., people are just people. Everyone is cold, no matter where they might have been a few days before. The Bears won't have any advantage due to inclement weather, IMO.

Yup, pretty much. Comes down to mental fortitude, which QB can handle the adverse conditions better. In other words, who is tougher? After watching Romo come back and play with broken ribs and a punctured lung and beat the 49ers, my money is on Romo. My money will always be on Romo after that display. They don't come any tougher than him.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
TWC has the temps in single digits but showing that'll be clear. Not sure where everyone is seeing rain/snow?