Chick-fil-A vs Popeyes chicken sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I love Chik-fil-a, especially the nuggets. Their fried chicken sandwich was my favorite of all the chains until Popeyes came out with theirs. I will never choose Chiks now unless their isn’t a Popeyes around :thumbup:

If you haven’t even tried Popeyes new one, go get one soon then compare. If you have and still prefer Chiks......then I can’t save you :grin:

There is one right down the street. I like Chik-Fil-A. Heck, still disappointed that they discontinued their chicken salad sandwich, which I loved on a hot day with a glass of their lemonade.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My wife loves Popeyes. She and others enjoy it so well that I kid her constantly that Popeyes sells crack chicken.

I am not a Popeyes fan. I like Chick Fil A but not obsessively so. One day I will get around to tasting Popeye's sandwich. My vote will likely be Chick Fil A if the sandwich chicken tastes like the usual Popeye's chicken.

:p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just look at the difference in size and how much better the Popeyes chicken looks. It looks like Chick Fil A half azzed their attempt and it’ something between fried and grilled. As I said, I don’t eat a lot of fried chicken but if I do it better be friggin fried. I want a good, crisp crust and chicken which Popeyes delivers.

Mother trucker, I may have to get to the bottom of this sooner than later. Popeyes is a bit of a drive but I have a Chick close by, who doesn’t, it’s like Starbucks.
The only Chick-fil-A I know of is 45 min away. Not worth the drive, when Hooters is 20 minutes.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
OK, just to be real on this deal, I went ahead and drove over to pick up a Popeye's Spicy Chicken Sandwich. I ate it and gotta say, it was pretty good. Size was really great, much thicker then others. All in all, good sandwich but not better then Chick-Fil-A. I mean, the actual size is much better and it's not bad tasting at all but not better to me. Chik-Fil-A is better to me and it comes with cheese. I like that better.

JMO

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Popeyes and it is not even close.

I really don't understand the love of Chic. Might be the most overrated place ever.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Ate chick-fil-a a few times years ago trying to like it as everyone said how good it is but.....just couldn't understand the popularity. Rather have KFC than that.

Popeyes closest place to me is an hour away. Unless one gets built closer may be a while before I get to try it.

I'm a big KFC fan. I prefer it over all of them. :D

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Not really a fan of chick-fil-a. Don't care for the breading.

I don't do chicken sandwiches, but for chicken, Popeye's every day, and twice on Sundays...:p

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I don't get it, Burger King bought Popeyes specifically to use their chicken for BK new offerings, like their own spicy chicken sandwiches. So wouldn't BK's be in the same class?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Ok just tries the Popeye's sandwich yesterday.

It's good, ya'll. It's bigger & crunchier than Chick-fil-a's (I can eat 2 CFA's sandwiches, but was really full after the Popeye's). I think I like CFA's breading has a better flavor (they put the spicy in the breading while Popeye's has a sauce).

However, if you bring the fries into the mix, Popeye's wins hands down. The fries are just so much better.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ok just tries the Popeye's sandwich yesterday.

It's good, ya'll. It's bigger & crunchier than Chick-fil-a's (I can eat 2 CFA's sandwiches, but was really full after the Popeye's). I think I like CFA's breading has a better flavor (they put the spicy in the breading while Popeye's has a sauce).

However, if you bring the fries into the mix, Popeye's wins hands down. The fries are just so much better.

This is exactly it. I don't love Mayo and the spicy sauce at Popeye's is just OK but again, it's not the same as CFA. CFA puts the spice in the breading and even the original breading is just plain better. It's the same reason I like KFC Original better then other chain chicken, it just tastes better to me. As far as the fries go, I like the waffle fries better but neither one are better then McD's so I just don't even care about the fries to be honest. Usually, I just buy the Sandwich and maybe a drink.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
This is exactly it. I don't love Mayo and the spicy sauce at Popeye's is just OK but again, it's not the same as CFA. CFA puts the spice in the breading and even the original breading is just plain better. It's the same reason I like KFC Original better then other chain chicken, it just tastes better to me. As far as the fries go, I like the waffle fries better but neither one are better then McD's so I just don't even care about the fries to be honest. Usually, I just buy the Sandwich and maybe a drink.

I like Popeye's fries better than McDs. I prefer a seasoned fry, though.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I like Popeye's fries better than McDs. I prefer a seasoned fry, though.

Problem is, I like my Wife's seasoned fries better then any fast food joint anywhere. You just take a bag of fries, throw in some some taco seasoning, microwave them and then throw them on a baking sheet to crisp them up and they turn out better then anything at any fast food joint. If you really want good fries, my wife makes some hellagood battered fries but that's a treat. Around here, you can get stoneground battered fries and those are really good but you don't get those at a fast food joint.

catiii

Reaction score
Well I tried em all and I think ya can't beat Chicken Express w cream gravy and a heap of whole jalapenos, a mess of frenchy fries (best evah!) and sides like corn on the cob. Tastes homemade.
ChikFilet place is bland as and rubber chickens, Popeye's -like most fast food especially anything owned by pepsico or yum brands - I wouldn't trust the food safety of eating there if it was free. :oops:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Problem is, I like my Wife's seasoned fries better then any fast food joint anywhere. You just take a bag of fries, throw in some some taco seasoning, microwave them and then throw them on a baking sheet to crisp them up and they turn out better then anything at any fast food joint. If you really want good fries, my wife makes some hellagood battered fries but that's a treat. Around here, you can get stoneground battered fries and those are really good but you don't get those at a fast food joint.
How late is your wife handling the drive through?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well I tried em all and I think ya can't beat Chicken Express w cream gravy and a heap of whole jalapenos, a mess of frenchy fries (best evah!) and sides like corn on the cob. Tastes homemade.
ChikFilet place is bland as and rubber chickens, Popeye's -like most fast food especially anything owned by pepsico or yum brands - I wouldn't trust the food safety of eating there if it was free. :oops:

If we are talking about regional fast food, that's a whole different discussion. Of course there are going to be better options there. I mean, Chik-fil-a or Popeye's isn't even close to the best chicken sandwich in this town, if we are talking about local offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.