Twitter: Chidobe Awuzie on mindset change after leaving Dallas

Zordon

Reaction score
As long as this family is in charge it's going to be damn near impossible for any coach to build a blue-collar team in Dallas.

6_8228738.jpg

fredp22

Reaction score
Give me a break

Listen I like to hate my own team I root for just like the rest of you sad sacks, but can we stop pretending mediocre players like Awuzie were playing bad for any other reason than they sucked here?
this mediocre player is in the SB- our so called star qb/rb/wr are on their couch watching the mediocre player.
its our coaching including Jerry- they suck

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give me a break

Listen I like to hate my own team I root for just like the rest of you sad sacks, but can we stop pretending mediocre players like Awuzie were playing bad for any other reason than they sucked here?

And we would be foolish to not figure out why he's playing better somewhere else. "He sucked here" is not an explanation.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not fault him for that as that is the reason it is #1 in Forbes and TV ratings. It is more of its own reality TV show than a football team. And some players like that. And some would not do well with the bright lights.

Everything he has done is about the "show". Winning another ring is secondary to the "show".

Booger is the owner least likely to show increased profit or revenue from winning a SB. He is already where the rest of them want to be.

The Dallas Cowboys are simply the sports phenom of our time. And they are in the perfect city for glitz and glamour as Dallas is a lot more how it looks than it really is.

CWR

Reaction score
And we would be foolish to not figure out why he's playing better somewhere else. "He sucked here" is not an explanation.

Let's not pretend our entire defense wasn't better this year either. Had he been here he would've followed the same trajectory of performance. Coaching has more to do with it than anything else in Cheetos case.