Twitter: Chiefs agree to 1 year deal with Taco Charlton

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
He has to get rid of that silly nickname Taco and stay with Vidauntae Charlton as a sign of being serious and mature.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol. just another 100 things you're wrong about. I didn't care 1 way or another about Taco. I'm just not a whining b** like you

You mean when I said from day #1 that it was obvious Taco would be a bust?

You mean how you defended the pick and kept talking about how talented he was. Then when after a year continuing to talk about how he would grow as Lawrence did?

You mean even after he was cut how you said he would blossom in Miami and we would regret cutting him?

You mean when I laughed in your face at that?

You either need to learn about football or at least listen to those of us that try to educate you. There is a brand new crop of rookies this year. Try to listen this time around. You wont look so foolish.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not really. When given snaps he seems to be at least reserve linemen productive. But everyone talks about his attitude on his way out...

When forced snaps, he SEEMS to be at LEAST a reserve lineman?

Translation=he sucks!!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not really. When given snaps he seems to be at least reserve linemen productive. But everyone talks about his attitude on his way out...

When forced snaps, he SEEMS to be at LEAST a reserve lineman?

Translation=he sucks!!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not as desperate to drop a first round on him and pass on T.J. Watt.

And can you imagine? There are still Cowboys fans, ON THIS VERY THREAD, that continue to defend the horrid Taco?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good for him. He is serviceable, it was our staff that wasn’t..

I would have loved it if Jimmy or Parcells had been the HC when Taco was a rookie.

Parcells: Rookie (never calling him by name), get my drink, hurry...

Parcells always made rookie 1st round picks fetch his drinks during practice to keep them from getting a big ego.

Parcells had a way of getting into a player's head. He told Jay Ratliff "You're lucky to be on this field because everybody else has more talent than you"

Jimmy: In that red faced angry "the asthma field is over there" rage personality that scared even Michael Irvin and Charles Haley, "Taco, get your #$%^-ing arse in gear before I cut-off your head and shove it up your backside". That would be be on a day that Jimmy was in good mood...

Jimmy day 2: "Taco, your going to practice at RB today. It's a mild 105 degrees in the shade here in Austin TX and you are the RB in middle drill. I'm going to run you through middle drill until you're literally dead but don't worry I have a Doctor here that will revive you"

Middle Drill
Jimmy's middle drill was primarily for the DL and LBs to practice stopping middle runs.

Jimmy says that Emmitt did it, but I was at training camp in 92 & 93 and Emmitt was not the RB in middle drill while I was there. Jimmy would put the backup RBs in and it was a brutal beating because the defenders would just tee-off on the RB that was not allowed to hesitate or run outside.

Blurp about Jimmy's middle drill
When Jimmy Johnson coached at the college level and for the Dallas Cowboys, he ran a similar exercise called the middle drill — an inside running drill with no receivers or defensive backs on the field and no outside runs allowed.

“My favorite drill,” Johnson says. “That’s why we ran it every single week throughout my coaching career, at every level. You can’t do that now.”

The analyst for Fox NFL Sunday thinks “that’s one reason why the tackling is so bad today.”

Even the Cowboys’ Emmitt Smith, the NFL’s all-time leading rusher, participated. “He ran it like everyone else,” Johnson says, “although I’d pull him early from it. It was more for the linemen and linebackers.”

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And can you imagine? There are still Cowboys fans, ON THIS VERY THREAD, that continue to defend the horrid Taco?
Taco is an idiot and was a bad pick; however, if Jimmy or Parcells had been the Head Coach when Taco was a rookie, it's highly likely that Taco's attitude issues would have been corrected.

Once a rookie is allowed to maintain an entitled attitude, it's almost impossible for coaches in future years to break them. The coaches in Miami inherited Taco after he had been on a team with Garrett as the Head Coach. Marinelli might have yelled expletives at Taco but nobody had any real fear of Marinelli the way players fear Belichick or feared Jimmy/Parcells.

ICP

Reaction score
Hmmm, and here I thought KC had an intelligent front office

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine if he would have signed with them last year and would have been given a SuperBowl lol.

They already have 5 ex players on the team. But we never seen the headlines....5 former Cowboys help KC to a SB victory.... Only if they would have lost, they would blame them. :laugh:

So now, if they do not reach the SB, will it be Taco's fault? :muttley:

plasticman

Reaction score
The defending SB champs?

Reid see something he likes?

Uh oh....

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe Reid has the personality to help taco not be a deauche. Taco can't handle hard coaching.

Redline360

Reaction score
He's just another player that has great physical skills that can't put it together mentally. He never jived with the coaching staff with his time on the cowboys which was the start of his end
IF he ever puts it together mentally he has the talents to be a good starter but he's probably to broken at this point

wecasa

Reaction score
Kc media is giddy adding "1st round" talent. This guy shouldnt have been a 1st rounder. I can hope he pans out but really I wouldn't be surprised if he didnt make it out of camp.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3zrova.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Kaiser

Reaction score
Kc media is giddy adding "1st round" talent. This guy shouldnt have been a 1st rounder. I can hope he pans out but really I wouldn't be surprised if he didnt make it out of camp.

Everyone rated Taco as a first round talent and he looked the part as a rookie. Its probably going to be a year or two before we really hear which particular fuse in his head blew out.