Chiefs dynasty is secure

Diehardblues

Reaction score
At least poor or questionable officiating didn’t come into play in SB. And not really in the playoffs.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would t say we totally devalue a DL we just have missed miserably in the draft in recent years .

How much better is our DL if Trysten, Taco and Mazi ( all 1st picks in draft for Cowboys) are at least starters ?

So it’s not like we haven’t tried . Can’t miss that much in draft and expect better results.
We evaluate players very poorly in general.

Aven8

Reaction score
I liked Mahomes until his crybaby episode earlier this year but beats San Fran winning another one. The whole Mahomes wife, Taylor Swift and crybaby episode after their WR was 2 ft offsides turned me off a bit.
He was just upset as they should have won the game but the bonehead Toney screwed it up. Hence why Toney was a healthy scratch for the entire playoff run. No different than Brady slamming down the tablet on the sideline.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I truly felt like the officials cut their BS in the playoffs. Wish they'd do it all the time.
Amazing how cleanly played it was. And they didn’t spend much time showing instant replays repeatedly if there was a non call, etc.

Makes you wonder how many ticky tacky calls are made throughout the season . And less time needs to spent on showing replays over and over.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Any fan base is insufferable at any given time. Fans of teams that are your main rivals are always the most insufferable. Its the nature of football.
Ok…again for anyone who doesn’t live in the east coast and didn’t see the fan base pre Brady and then during the Brady to post Brady I’m just not gonna listen to anyone’s take on this lol. You had to be here and it’s clear you weren’t.

It’s the same way people hate the cowboys

kskboys

Reaction score
Amazing how cleanly played it was. And they didn’t spend much time showing instant replays repeatedly if there was a non call, etc.

Makes you wonder how many ticky tacky calls are made throughout the season . And less time needs to spent on showing replays over and over.
Ah, didn't think of that, but you're right.

My best guess is that the refs either were told or decided to call games cleanly because they were on the big stage. So much talk has been going around about manipulating games w/ key calls that I think it's possible they talked and decided they'd better cut their crapp.

Also possible that only the best refs were calling games?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
So you don’t enjoy football unless your team is playing?
I don’t know really. I watch them all, but I don’t enjoy any team. Well, I guess if I really dug deep I’d admit my wanting the Chiefs to win so the Niners wouldn’t get to 6 before us. So I guess I enjoyed them winning, but not much.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
We need to keep looking ......... nothing else matters till you find THE GUY at QB.

Mahomes ....... 6 year starter ....... 4 Superbowl appearances ........ 3 Superbowl wins ......... with less help every time.
6 year starter ....... 4 Superbowl appearances ........ 3 Superbowl wins…….. That says all ! Exceptional QB and doing with less each time , unlike our average QB who is given more and more but still can’t elevate in crunch time .

Flamma

Reaction score
Back to back and 3 Super Bowl titles in 5 years refutes any doubts fans , critics and media had.

And Mahomes has placed himself in historic Elite company. Only Brady, Bradshaw and Montana have won more Super Bowls.

Yes, that’s the company Patrick is now in. And currently in the NFL he has no peers. He’s elevated himself into a new stratosphere. At age 28 he has ample time to add to it.

The NFL and fans embraces dynasties. It’s what we had missed most in Salary Cap era which most thought wouldn’t be possible.

Well , this is our second Dynasty team in Cap era. And while it takes a total effort with coaching , front office, defense, etc there are two QB’s which have separated themselves from the pack.

Their teams are never out of it if they have an opportunity to get the ball on last possession. They also have the tremendous comeback ability. Mahomes won all 3 SB’s after being 10 points down.

What this tells me is in this Cap era with teams that’s can’t maintain All Pro , HOF type rosters and or a Generational Defense for years having a great QB is the more deciding factor with more teams balanced with Parity across rosters.

With franchise QB’s basically paid similar salaries or contracts as the more Elite QB’s it’s never been more important to land a more Elite QB if you want to build a dynasty and then maintain it.
With this coaching staff, and this QB, imagine if they had good WRs? I think the Chiefs will be better next year. There is a very real chance they win 3 in a row.

1942willys

Reaction score
Ah, didn't think of that, but you're right.

My best guess is that the refs either were told or decided to call games cleanly because they were on the big stage. So much talk has been going around about manipulating games w/ key calls that I think it's possible they talked and decided they'd better cut their crapp.

Also possible that only the best refs were calling games?
If true does that not make them even worse?
The only reason they did their job right was because everyone was watching?

ghst187

Reaction score
I can’t help but root for the Chiefs and their organization, they are very likable. Mahomes is just special, hope they upgrade his oline and Wrs.

I hated the Patriots but going to enjoy the Chief dynasty.
100%!