Chiefs' Owner is Worst Owner in Football Apparently

khiladi

Reaction score

Imagine bagging Mahomes for what, over a decade on the cheap, win a bunch of SB trophies already, and still be called the worst owner in football. This was clearly paid for by Jerry Jones and Stephen and brought to you by the same guys that think Dak should get paid 60 million a year.

Dallasfann

Reaction score

Imagine bagging Mahomes for what, over a decade on the cheap, win a bunch of SB trophies already, and still be called the worst owner in football. This was clearly paid for by Jerry Jones and Stephen and brought to you by the same guys that think Dak should get paid 60 million a year.

This was a players poll. I trust the players way more then a pizza hut delivery driver who hates everything about the Cowboys.

khiladi

Reaction score
This was a players poll. I trust the players way more then a pizza hut delivery driver who hates everything about the Cowboys.
I mean did they actually not win multiple SBs sign the next QB in the league to like a decade long contract on the cheap or was that just a rumor started by pizza delivery guys? Have I been dreaming and just woke up and the Cowboys won 3 SBs in the last ten years or something?

Jayinem

Reaction score
It's a player's poll talking about facilities, how they treat the players etc... has nothing to do with having Mahomes.

Chiefs were voted second worst facilities ahead of only Washington. They are however spending 800 million on facility upgrades. I think because they were voted one of the worst for multiple years in a row.

kskboys

Reaction score
In what way? For the fans, he's the best owner. Why? Because he's willing to make the tough decisions. The Chiefs very wisely went Defense. Ended up w/ the #2 D in the NFL, and that's what won them the super bowl.

So, why do the players think this? Because he won't overpay them. Sooooooooooo, you can trust the player to pick the guy who pays them the most. Is that what you're interested in, paying the players a ton? That is how you don't win super bowls, you know.

visionary

Reaction score

Jerry is the absolute worst owner in sports from a fan standpoint

Not even close

visionary

Reaction score
In what way? For the fans, he's the best owner. Why? Because he's willing to make the tough decisions. The Chiefs very wisely went Defense. Ended up w/ the #2 D in the NFL, and that's what won them the super bowl.

So, why do the players think this? Because he won't overpay them. Sooooooooooo, you can trust the player to pick the guy who pays them the most. Is that what you're interested in, paying the players a ton? That is how you don't win super bowls, you know.
Very true

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Worst owner according to the players. Suddenly , it’s a big deal what they think ?

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Take a look at the 2024 NFLPA Team Report Cards. Pretty interesting stuff. Cowboys are being dragged down with some very poor training related grades and team travel. Lack of trainers and lack of equipment were some of the biggest issues along with they make some players bunk up on the road. There is no excuse that the most valuable pro sports franchise in America is getting poor grades in the training and team travel departments.

Jayinem

Reaction score

Like I said it's how players are being treated, facilities including cafeteria etc..... It's to point out when owners are trying to be cheap or mistreating of their employees, Hunt apparently has been awful at these things and so they voted him poorly.

The Chiefs team were said to be blown away when they practiced at the Las Vegas facilities for the Super Bowl versus their own which was like a High School facility.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

If true, it just shows that you can be a bad owner and still put together a winning team if you have a good staff.

Here's an interview of KC's GM and coach at the scouting combine: https://www.chiefs.com/news/five-th...id-and-gm-brett-veach-at-the-scouting-combine

Players have always loved Jerry because he takes care of them, that makes him a good owner in their eyes. Fans don't like Jerry because he insists on being the GM and isn't very good at it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Like I said it's how players are being treated, facilities including cafeteria etc..... It's to point out when owners are trying to be cheap, Hunt has been cheap.

The Chiefs team were said to be blown away when they practiced at the Las Vegas facilities for the Super Bowl versus their own which was like a High School facility.
I'll take the terrible owner who makes moves conducive to winning super bowls.