Chiefs' Owner is Worst Owner in Football Apparently

Jayinem

Reaction score
I'll take the terrible owner who makes moves conducive to winning super bowls.
But this poll that is the topic of this thread isn't about who's winning or who has the best player. It's not that hard to understand and I clearly explained it.

If it was just about winning obviously he would be the best owner, but this is not about that. Whoever made that tweet did a poor job of explaining why he was voted worst owner because it is confusing.

kskboys

Reaction score
But this poll that is the topic of this thread isn't about who's winning or who has the best player. It's not that hard to understand and I clearly explained it.
Absolutely, and I've clearly explained my point. It's not that hard to understand.

Jayinem

Reaction score
It's not a Jerry Jones situation anyway where the owner is the GM. I'm not giving Hunt credit for moving up in the draft and getting Mahomes. Andy Reid did that. He is lucky to have the best coach and best player despite being a terrible owner in how he treats his team.

In credit to him over Jerry at least he hires a GM and let's others do their job like an owner should.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
In what way? For the fans, he's the best owner. Why? Because he's willing to make the tough decisions. The Chiefs very wisely went Defense. Ended up w/ the #2 D in the NFL, and that's what won them the super bowl.

So, why do the players think this? Because he won't overpay them. Sooooooooooo, you can trust the player to pick the guy who pays them the most. Is that what you're interested in, paying the players a ton? That is how you don't win super bowls, you know.
Not all the players who voted have played for the Chiefs. There is an obvious reason that players all around the league don't like the guy. I have no idea nor do I care to find out, but you seem eager enough to figure out why Jerry isn't the most hated. Let me know what you find.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Like I said it's how players are being treated, facilities including cafeteria etc..... It's to point out when owners are trying to be cheap or mistreating of their employees, Hunt apparently has been awful at these things and so they voted him poorly.

The Chiefs team were said to be blown away when they practiced at the Las Vegas facilities for the Super Bowl versus their own which was like a High School facility.
Thought they had separate grades for all of these?

Well considering it’s a newer facility and Chiefs kingdom hasn’t been updated in decades that really isn’t shocking.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Imagine bagging Mahomes for what, over a decade on the cheap, win a bunch of SB trophies already, and still be called the worst owner in football. This was clearly paid for by Jerry Jones and Stephen and brought to you by the same guys that think Dak should get paid 60 million a year.

So you think the players are lying but you how more then them lol?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The Cowboys players love Jerry.

When those mean old coaches tell them they aren’t going to play if they don’t improve, they tattle to Jerry and he tells those coaches what’s what.

That’s a joke actually.

The coaches don’t hold any players accountable.

Jayinem

Reaction score

GHmP3nyaAAAnk1h

GHb82MvXgAQrwvD

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
One thing. He got one thing right. And I doubt he made that call. He is 100% than Jerry.

The Chiefs traded up to get Mahomes. Where would they be without him. Still stuck with Alex Smith?
I didn't realize the actual players did the voting, yikes, i'd make them run all practice lol

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
It's a player's poll talking about facilities, how they treat the players etc... has nothing to do with having Mahomes.

Chiefs were voted second worst facilities ahead of only Washington. They are however spending 800 million on facility upgrades. I think because they were voted one of the worst for multiple years in a row.
I am sure they will decline their SB rings in protest since they are ashamed playing for that despicable owner.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I am sure they will decline their SB rings in protest since they are ashamed playing for that despicable owner.
Just because a team is winning does not mean there's great ownership/management. The Bulls had just won a second threepeat and decided to get rid of Phil Jackson. We all know that if somehow the Cowboys win the Super Bowl (they won't, but dream with me for a second) it would be in spite of Jerry not because of him. Or look at it this way, we did win 3 Super Bowls with Jerry. Is that because we had great ownership or was it because of a great coach who was making great decisions? I'm sure many would have defended Jerry in the 90's, but not so much now. Two things can be true your team can be great and your ownership can be awful.

If the Eagles never fired Andy Reid there's no trade up for Mahomes and no Super Bowls, and Hunt is just thought of as the worst owner with nothing to show for it. Sometimes good things happen to bad people.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Jerry is loved because he overpays, don’t hold them accountable and gives them plush, fancy facilities with all the bells and whistles.

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm sure it's extremely vile working conditions over there in KC.

Kwyn

Reaction score

Imagine bagging Mahomes for what, over a decade on the cheap, win a bunch of SB trophies already, and still be called the worst owner in football. This was clearly paid for by Jerry Jones and Stephen and brought to you by the same guys that think Dak should get paid 60 million a year.

What are you on about?

I get the Jerry hate but are you suggesting that Jerry bribed all of the NFL players so they would collude to make Clark Hunt look bad?

That’s crazy talk.

Kwyn

Reaction score
In what way? For the fans, he's the best owner. Why? Because he's willing to make the tough decisions. The Chiefs very wisely went Defense. Ended up w/ the #2 D in the NFL, and that's what won them the super bowl.

So, why do the players think this? Because he won't overpay them. Sooooooooooo, you can trust the player to pick the guy who pays them the most. Is that what you're interested in, paying the players a ton? That is how you don't win super bowls, you know.
Did you even look at the poll results?

It’s kinda obvious you didn’t.