Chiefs trade CB L'Jarius Sneed to Titans

John813

Reaction score
Would of thought he was worth a 3rd this year. Tough market I guess

Chasing6

Reaction score
For a 3rd? You don't think they should've kept him?
I am not as familiar with their roster or his contract situation They were comfortable with it.

Seems like he wanted a new contract and more money. Maybe he was going to hold out. They could have kept him another year, have a pissed off player and he walks. They get a 6th round comp pick in 2026.

A 2026 3rd pick sounds better to me.

I know Jerry would take the comp pick.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Would of thought he was worth a 3rd this year. Tough market I guess
For a 3rd? You don't think they should've kept him?
KC can’t afford him and few others can. He went for so little because Tennessee will have to give him a mammoth contract he was demanding. When the numbers come out, we’ll see why KC didnt get more

quickccc

Reaction score
People don't realize how much the Chiefs defense bailed out mahomes last year. Sneed played a big part in that. That teams gonna look very different this year
it will. Sneed is an excellent coverage CB.
Even more than Chaverous Ward who was with Chiefs years back.

Chiefs probably it was best to invest more All World Chris Jones - who is certainly now the very best DT in entire NFL with Aaron Donald' surprise retirement

And they likely figured that it would have chewed up so much cap to try to re-sign both of them (Jones and Sneed)

exciter

Reaction score
Smart teams trade players and acquire picks. Especially if they want to much money, under performed their current contract or have found a cheaper replacement.

None of that is on our GM's radar.
Lol, they could have kept him for another season and gotten a 3rd round comp pick!

ATXSRT

Reaction score
People don't realize how much the Chiefs defense bailed out mahomes last year. Sneed played a big part in that. That teams gonna look very different this year
Chiefs also didn't have any WRs... They signed Brown and I'm sure are going to draft another WR, probably Xavier Worthy from UT. He'll be another Tyreek for them. Andy Reid is very good at developing and scheming offensive weapons.

rambo2

Reaction score
I am not as familiar with their roster or his contract situation They were comfortable with it.

Seems like he wanted a new contract and more money. Maybe he was going to hold out. They could have kept him another year, have a pissed off player and he walks. They get a 6th round comp pick in 2026.

A 2026 3rd pick sounds better to me.

I know Jerry would take the comp pick.
Now they need a good corner to replace him.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
I live in KC and am forced to watch their games with family. In my humble opinion, Sneed is not worth a big contract. He has been heavily penalized the last couple of years and can be too aggressive. My wife was constantly cussing him in the 22 season. I wouldn’t want him over Diggs, Bland or even Gilmore with the contract he is probably going to get. Just my opinion. Nick Bolton or Chris Jones…yes please.