Chiefs trade CB L'Jarius Sneed to Titans

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Bailed out makes it seem like he was carried… they did their job just like Mahomes was the best QB in the playoffs with mediocre WRs. His ability to extend plays, especially with his feet, in clutch and crunch time is other worldly.
Its Chief's (and Eagles) ability to trade away their expensive talent, rather than our having to add and add and restructure. It's that acknowledgement that you can only have a certain amount of elite contracts.....and they have to perform and lead the team.

The Natural

Reaction score
People don't realize how much the Chiefs defense bailed out mahomes last year. Sneed played a big part in that. That teams gonna look very different this year
He almost cost them the chip with a boneheaded penalty. They’ll pick up somebody for cheap or develop another young stud like they did with McDuffie

visionary

Reaction score
Great teams understand that paying elite money to CBs and WRs and LBs is not the way to win SBs. It is a way to stay relevant and sell jerseys, which is what we do. This is why i was arguing last year to trade Diggs but idiots on the forum argued with me

You pay elite QB and OL and DL and elite FS
The rest are replaceable parts

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He has been a great player for them since he arrived. This is about contractual obligations not trade value.

He was sitting there til the 4th round in 2020 but our brain trust didn't deem him worthy. So many misses.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Great teams understand that paying elite money to CBs and WRs and LBs is not the way to win SBs. It is a way to stay relevant and sell jerseys, which is what we do. This is why i was arguing last year to trade Diggs but idiots on the forum argued with me

You pay elite QB and OL and DL and elite FS
The rest are replaceable parts
I think the new option is just to keep players for 4 years and REPLACE em!!!

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Bailed out makes it seem like he was carried… they did their job just like Mahomes was the best QB in the playoffs with mediocre WRs. His ability to extend plays, especially with his feet, in clutch and crunch time is other worldly.
No one is denying his talent but may be you should watch their actual games. Remeber the game vs the Bills where Mahomes was crying about the refs to the point where he was even telling Josh Allen about it during the post game hand shake.

Adreme

Reaction score
I am not as familiar with their roster or his contract situation They were comfortable with it.

Seems like he wanted a new contract and more money. Maybe he was going to hold out. They could have kept him another year, have a pissed off player and he walks. They get a 6th round comp pick in 2026.

A 2026 3rd pick sounds better to me.

I know Jerry would take the comp pick.
I mean they would likely get a 3rd round comp for him but instead they get a 3rd (that is probably 15 picks higher) and a 7th. It’s not a lot of value but is more than nothing and gives them cap space.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Smart teams trade players and acquire picks. Especially if they want to much money, under performed their current contract or have found a cheaper replacement.

None of that is on our GM's radar.

The Chiefs survived Tyreek Hill leaving they will continue to survive .

fivetwos

Reaction score
I mean they would likely get a 3rd round comp for him but instead they get a 3rd (that is probably 15 picks higher) and a 7th. It’s not a lot of value but is more than nothing and gives them cap space.
Also the pick would be a year later, typically worth a round, and not guaranteed to be a third when it does happen.

Two sides of the coin applies here for sure, but I’m not doubting that they know what’s best for them after dealing Tyreek then winning the SB.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I heard Mahomes did it all by himself.
Funny how that KC team played above their skill level. Mahomes play probably inspired the whole team.
He will win another ring without Snead! This supporting cast for Mahomes was the worst he has ever had. Surprised they won a SB. Next year expect Mahomes to have much better cast to the point that Snead is expendable.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Lol, they could have kept him for another season and gotten a 3rd round comp pick!
They probably knew that would cause a lockerroom or off field turmoil with potential ugly holdout. We in Dallas might be used to high school drama, but serious teams like the Chiefs that prioritize winning don't want that nonsense.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Imagine that a good football team making business decisions.