Twitter: Chiefs trade their 1st and more for Ravens T Orlando Brown

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Offensive tackles OR corners/tight ends.

Hmmmm...

Anybody get that memo something 'bout games being won in the trenches or something like that?

Or even, if you ain't got a stud LT protecting the QB, you ain't got squat.

Smith will go down and this place will be one big mass of confusion, lol

But yeah, corners and tight ends, smh

Mahommes and Rodgers send their regards.
The game is won in the trenches but as you can see the Cowboys have had great play in the trenches and its resulted in NOTHING. It takes more in this league than having good offensive tackles...Cowboys haven't bad tackle play in a long time before last year when guys went down.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Trade a guy in his contract year for multiple picks. Then go sign another solid guy to play RT. That’s how you do it.

That’s why Baltimore remains elite year in and out.

I think the difference between Brown and Villanueva is bigger than this guy thinks. If the drop off wasnt much, Villanueva wouldn't be a FA a week before the draft

John813

Reaction score
I thought the issue was he wanted to be paid like a left tackle? Either way I make it work. If Stanely gotta play right tackle that's fine but I'm not trading him away for some Chiefs garbage picks.

They just paid Stanley top LT money(5yr 99mil extension). Brown is an UFA at the end of the year. They got good value for a guy they couldn't keep long term

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Offensive tackles OR corners/tight ends.

Hmmmm...

Anybody get that memo something 'bout games being won in the trenches or something like that?

Or even, if you ain't got a stud LT protecting the QB, you ain't got squat.

Smith will go down and this place will be one big mass of confusion, lol

But yeah, corners and tight ends, smh

Mahommes and Rodgers send their regards.
They did spend a first round pick on a HB last year

75boyz

Reaction score
They did spend a first round pick on a HB last year

Lol, fair enough, touche. But they also are forward thinking enough to move on from what must be an undisclosed chronic issue with Fisher.
Whereas forward thinking and the Cowboys FO is an oxymoron.

Verdict

Reaction score
The game is won in the trenches but as you can see the Cowboys have had great play in the trenches and its resulted in NOTHING. It takes more in this league than having good offensive tackles...Cowboys haven't bad tackle play in a long time before last year when guys went down.
This OL has not been dominant in several years.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lol, fair enough, touche. But they also are forward thinking enough to move on from what must be an undisclosed chronic issue with Fisher.
Whereas forward thinking and the Cowboys FO is an oxymoron.
Semi OT but lol Eric Fisher. It was that guys sole mission the last 4 years to do just enough not to be remembered as a massive bust. Mission accomplished barely

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They just paid Stanley top LT money(5yr 99mil extension). Brown is an UFA at the end of the year. They got good value for a guy they couldn't keep long term
I'm well aware of what STanely got. I'm saying I would've gave Brown similar money. I'm not trading him or a 31st overall pick. Just not. Sure its better than getting a comp pick for him but I'm keeping him on my team.....Spend a #4 overall pick on Sewell/10th overall pick on Slater or a 31st overall on Brown? I'm getting Brown.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
5th yr option is attractive for teams. This draft's strength lies on day 2, where there is excellent depth.
Its attractive if I'm trading down. Like how the Cowboys got Travis Fredericks....I'm not trading up for that extra year....just me though teams may think different.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Now that it's fully guaranteed it's not as attractive as years past when it was only guaranteed for injury.
Ravens are one of the best drafting teams, they would be interesting in adding another top 100 pick.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Its attractive if I'm trading down. Like how the Cowboys got Travis Fredericks....I'm not trading up for that extra year....just me though teams may think different.
For a player like Moehrig, might be worth it, especially if they know he won't get to them. Locking up a high level safety for 5 years would be very attractive.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
That's a steal. Who in the hell is going to be there at #31 that is of his caliber?

That's how you plug a glaring hole and be done with it and look forward. None of this signing depth, rotational, and backup crap that we are so used to around here. I am sure they are not done, will probably try for another OT as well, starter caliber. Urgency is required.

75boyz

Reaction score
Semi OT but lol Eric Fisher. It was that guys sole mission the last 4 years to do just enough not to be remembered as a massive bust. Mission accomplished barely

I mean I'll take your word for it to a degree but whoever that turnstile was that attempted to replace him in the SB sure made the Fisher loss look mighty noteworthy.

Same with Bakhtiari's loss in NFCCG.

Guess I am not a big believer in the pending Steele/Knight/Nseske(sp?) experiment as some are and make it a point of emphasis, lol.

Just my opinion

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean I'll take your word for it to a degree but whoever that turnstile was that attempted to replace him in the SB sure made the Fisher loss look mighty noteworthy.

Same with Bakhtiari's loss in NFCCG.

Guess I am not a big believer in the pending Steele/Knight/Nseske(sp?) experiment as some are and make it a point of emphasis, lol.

Just my opinion
I feel ok about Nsekhe. He has some quality starts under his belt. I'd feel alot better if they added one more quality backup

kumizi

Reaction score
Chiefs get a 2nd back so not a bad deal IMO. They’re the favorites to win the title with a good o line.