Chiefs trading Marcus Peters to Rams

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Rams are clear favorites over us with this move now. I hope we don't stand back with so many positions that we have that are mediocre at best.

I agree to a point. I know Stephen Jones doesn't like it, but I think the time has come for us to start working on visits with solid FAs. We need to get people in the door, and not just run of the mill cheap players. I mean, we need to start plugging our positions in with FAs. We have too many needs in my view to just spin the draft wheel. We need FAs. There will be quality players in positions of need. Taking care to sign those players could mean the difference between us making a push for the playoffs, sticking with the same record, or worse. The Star facility that Jerry built, as I understand, was intended to woo players into signing here. If we don't move for quality FAs, then the facility was a waste of money. They may as well have stayed at Valley Ranch.

jay94

Reaction score
To me with this trade Rams have 2 top 20 defensive players in the league, on one team, only a couple of teams could boast that talent off. I'm sure some could even argue top ten.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It also goes to show you that Andy Reid is not afraid one bit of moving on and taking risks if a player doesn't get with the program.

True....but Andy Reid has never won a Super Bowl as a head coach either...:rolleyes:

Anyway...from what I'm hearing the trade...KC is back in the 1st round....and a 5th rounder.

KC was holding out to see if the Rams would throw in Robert Quinn...but not happening.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
True....but Andy Reid has never won a Super Bowl as a head coach either...:rolleyes:

Anyway...from twhat I'm hearing the trade...KC is back in the 1st round....and a 5th rounder.

KC was holding out to see if the Rams would throw in Robert Quinn...but not happening.
The trade terms haven't been formally announced.

It might not even be for the Rams' 1st round pick.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The trade terms haven't been formally announced.

It might not even be for the Rams' 1st round pick.

Got that info from a Chiefs Insider...so I think it's real...:rolleyes:

Anyway...If the Chiefs got back into the 1st....It's probably not the worst trade considering Peters asked for a trade...and was threating to sit out.

As for why the deal hasn't been formally announced....Rumor is Chiefs are getting a little worried about tampering charges being levied against them again since the formal trading season don't start until March 14th.

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
How does one get over 16k more likes than post? What is your secret almighty risen star?

Not gonna lie, he has been a long time contributor to this site.... Long before likes were even cool in fact. I've been here since 2005 but did not get involved really until the last 2 seasons.... What I can say is, while not being a great member for many years as far as posting, it did not allow me to like the info I was getting either.... Yes shame on me.... A lot of great info came my way from this site over the years, but I was not able to show my thanks until I started posting.... The truth is I owe a huge thank you for members like the Likes Collector (AKA RS) for the many years I was a poor member..... Luckily I changed my ways and had a group of guys and a gal to make me a better member..... Salad!!! to the I like Beer group.... And thank you members back from the day that made this site special.......