Chris Berman at it again...

landryscorner

Reaction score
Chris Berman just said the Giants have the best defense in the NFC, then Tom Jackson and Cris Carter look at him funny and both say...wait a minute, nah I think the Giants played against a better defense last nite...man it was rich...once again Berman not even acknowledging the whipping we just handed the Giants last nite....what a moron.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Weird exchange just happened...

Combover asks the panel who is playing better defense in the NFC right now than the Giants (suggesting the answer is no one)? Tom Jackson replies, "You know what? Hold on, because right now the team that's playing the best defense right now ..." And Chris Carter tries to stop him and says, "Watch out for what you're about to say..." But Jackson finishes "...the Cowboys."

Maybe I'm being a little too conspiracy theorist, but it was just awkward, as if he wasn't supposed to give credit to the Cowboys.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
theogt;2497677 said:

Combover asks the panel who is playing better defense in the NFC right now than the Giants (suggesting the answer is no one)? Tom Jackson replies, "You know what? Hold on, because right now the team that's playing the best defense right now ..." And Chris Carter tries to stop him and says, "Watch out for what your about to say..." But Jackson finishes "...the Cowboys."

Maybe I'm being a little to conspiracy theorist, but it was just awkward, as if he wasn't supposed to give credit to the Cowboys.

That's what I picked up too. It's almost like these guys are getting paid to be Cowboy haters and to speak good of the Cowboys might void out their contract or something.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2497677 said:

Combover asks the panel who is playing better defense in the NFC right now than the Giants (suggesting the answer is no one)? Tom Jackson replies, "You know what? Hold on, because right now the team that's playing the best defense right now ..." And Chris Carter tries to stop him and says, "Watch out for what your about to say..." But Jackson finishes "...the Cowboys."

Maybe I'm being a little too conspiracy theorist, but it was just awkward, as if he wasn't supposed to give credit to the Cowboys.

Yep, noticed the same thing.

I dont know why it was so difficult, everyone loves Pitts defense but ours is playing better than theirs right now, and we outplayed them last week in their stadium too. Giants offense >>>> Ravens offense, and we flattened them.

Can you imagine the coverage had Pitt had 8 sacks?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If there was one sports announcer I'd like to see get punched in the face-- It would be Berman.

Even more so than Joey T.

jgboys1

Reaction score
theogt;2497677 said:

Combover asks the panel who is playing better defense in the NFC right now than the Giants (suggesting the answer is no one)? Tom Jackson replies, "You know what? Hold on, because right now the team that's playing the best defense right now ..." And Chris Carter tries to stop him and says, "Watch out for what you're about to say..." But Jackson finishes "...the Cowboys."

They hate us.

EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!:starspin

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
You know what bothers me. They act like we didn't have anything to do with how poor the Gnats offense played.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theogt;2497677 said:

Ya think? Maybe these guys discuss what they are going to talk about before they get on tv?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2497707 said:
Ya think? Maybe these guys discuss what they are going to talk about before they get on tv?
I don't see what you're getting at here.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It's true...

Peak time....

You want some December? Have some...

:starspin

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2497690 said:
I'm guessing this must be ESPN you were watching.

Why bother?

Because MNF is on in 25 minutes :D

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theogt;2497711 said:
I don't see what you're getting at here.

These guys don't just freelance. They have topics written down then they discuss them.
I'm sure the defense comments were discussed and Carter knew what
defense Jackson was thinking about way before they were in front of the cameras. The whole world isn't against the Cowboys.

Batman

Reaction score
Yeah, I just watched a little bit of Monday Night Countdown, and what do they show for the Cowboys highlights of the game. They say we are up 14-3 and show the sack of Romo for a safety. I am seriously thinking of just shutting off the TV and not watching MNF anymore, that way it will at least cost them a fraction of a rating point. The hate from BSPN is unbearable, Chris Berman needs to be fired along with most of the staff on ESPN to make it respectable. Until that happens, BSPN should at least have the balls to be honest and force their broadcasters to where large buttons that saw
I hate the Dallas Cowboys". Honesty would be nice.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
theogt;2497677 said:

I think Cris Carter was playing with him. Tom Jackson does not like T.O. and what he brings to the game.

So Cris is kind of joshing with him, i.e., "No you're not going to suggest the team you've been bad mouthing all this time."

Jackson continues ... "The Cowboys."

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2497731 said:
These guys don't just freelance. They have topics written down then they discuss them.
I'm sure the defense comments were discussed and Carter knew what
defense Jackson was thinking about way before they were in front of the cameras. The whole world isn't against the Cowboys.
Oh, that wasn't a scripted question he was asking. They were just talking about the Giants and he was trying to make the point that they're still the team to beat in the NFC.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theogt;2497744 said:
Oh, that wasn't a scripted question he was asking. They were just talking about the Giants and he was trying to make the point that they're still the team to beat in the NFC.

Not so much scripted, but to think these guys don't discuss topics and give each other opinions before they actually take the air waves is nuts.

I have heard it on sports talk before the show starts and guys don't think the mike is on or when they think they are at a commercial break.

They discuss what they are going to talk about next, you can even hear them mocking their opinions every now and then.