Chris Berman at it again...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2497760 said:
Not so much scripted, but to think these guys don't discuss topics and give each other opinions before they actually take the air waves is nuts.

I have heard it on sports talk before the show starts and guys don't think the mike is on or when they think they are at a commercial break.

They discuss what they are going to talk about next, you can even hear them mocking their opinions every now and then.
Did you see the clip?

cmacch

Reaction score
theogt;2497744 said:
Oh, that wasn't a scripted question he was asking. They were just talking about the Giants and he was trying to make the point that they're still the team to beat in the NFC.

Hard point to make after they lose to the "lowly Cowboys"

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theogt;2497766 said:
Did you see the clip?

Yup. I guess I'm not an us against them person.
I like to think most (notice I said most) of these guys are just giving honest opinions.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2497771 said:
Yup. I guess I'm not an us against them person.
I like to think most (notice I said most) of these guys are just giving honest opinions.
You saw the clip and you think that part was scripted? They were all talking all over each other.

*sigh* Some people....

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Berman is such a tool. When he was narrating our highlights earlier, you could hear the disgust in his voice.

One of the nice perks of winning is how much it pains him to give us any credit whatsoever.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theogt;2497776 said:
You saw the clip and you think that part was scripted? They were all talking all over each other.

*sigh* Some people....

They always talk all over each other, thats new?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theogt;2497794 said:
Yup, once the move from the scripted stuff.

Ughhh They have topics not scripts. Didn't I say that.
Have a good night.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2497802 said:
Ughhh They have topics not scripts. Didn't I say that.
Have a good night.
You said they don't freelance. They do. Sorry.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theogt;2497832 said:
You said they don't freelance. They do. Sorry.

Funny, they just showed them all picking papers up from in front of them as they were switching to the game, think those might have been notes on topics they were going to discuss?
Maybe some notes? Yup that's freelancing.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2497844 said:
Funny, they just showed them all picking papers up from in front of them as they were switching to the game, think those might have been notes on topics they were going to discuss?
Maybe some notes? Yup that's freelancing.
Did I claim they don't have topics they discuss? Clearly they do. But they freelance too, after discussing the topic for awhile. Berman tried to make a point, it was stupid, and he was shot down, just like in this thread you tried to make a point, it was stupid, and you were shot down.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
ESPN is just piggybacking on the Cowboys. Either hate them or love them, it really doesn't matter because just their mention gives them ratings. It's the curse of being the best, most popular/most hated.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theogt;2497850 said:
Did I claim they don't have topics they discuss? Clearly they do. But they freelance too, after discussing the topic for awhile. Berman tried to make a point, it was stupid, and he was shot down, just like in this thread you tried to make a point, it was stupid, and you were shot down.

LMAO as always when losing............ you turn to chest thumping.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Batman;2497737 said:
Yeah, I just watched a little bit of Monday Night Countdown, and what do they show for the Cowboys highlights of the game. They say we are up 14-3 and show the sack of Romo for a safety. I am seriously thinking of just shutting off the TV and not watching MNF anymore, that way it will at least cost them a fraction of a rating point. The hate from BSPN is unbearable, Chris Berman needs to be fired along with most of the staff on ESPN to make it respectable. Until that happens, BSPN should at least have the balls to be honest and force their broadcasters to where large buttons that saw
I hate the Dallas Cowboys". Honesty would be nice.
Actually that was part of a larger segment, "C'mon Man" Basically, it was a shot a Proctor for not moving when Gurode snapped early and Romo got sacked for a safety.

I'm sure they showed other Cowboys highlights.

theWave21

Reaction score
The thing that really burns me up about BSPN (stealing that from a previous post) is they're way too opinionated. What ever happened to just reporting the news? It all began with Berman openly rooting for the Bills and 49ers. I'm sure that's where his open hatred for the Boys stems from. Since the 90's, BSPN has become more and more open against the Cowboys. Is it as simple as hating a winner? I'm not so sure, but it does all come from Berman.

The Panch

Reaction score
They're just looking at stats. Statistically, the Giants have been the only top 5 defense in the league from the NFC. The Boys D didnt come on til recently.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It doesnt matter which one of these nuggets said what, when!

Flavor of the day.... week.... etc....

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Berman is just bitter cause his Bills and Niners have been and will continue to be bottom feeders for quite a while.