Chris Canty - Hybrid Thought

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Can he be used as a situational TE? He is 6-7 290 and can move.

Did he play any basketball at UVA? Did he ever play TE in college? High School?

He could be our secret weapon at TE!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
Depends on how much better the MPG is. If it isn't substancial I would stick with a conventional engine just because it has more power. :rolleyes:

twa

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Depends on how much better the MPG is. If it isn't substancial I would stick with a conventional engine just because it has more power. :rolleyes:

The hybrids also usualy lack the acceleration I think is desirable. :banghead:

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Why don't you let him get healthy and learn the D before you go making him an Offensive player as well. Oh and don't we already have like 7 TE's as it is? and isn't one of them Named Jason Witten? I seem to remember him being a pretty decent receiver.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I'll speculate all I want on where we may deploy a player.

What happens when players go down? We were trotting scrubs around last year behind Witten. Its called insurance and being ready. It also causes mismatches to a D. See Vrabel at TE success. See Troy Brown at Nickle.

Heck - put Spears in at fullback some too!

Again to my question - anyone know if he has ever played tight end?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I believe I read somewhere he was a great TE in high school actually.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Anyone know if Jason Ferguson has ever played tailback? I'd bet he'd be a load to bring down.

Larry Allen at CB? With his initial punch no WR would ever get off the line.

How 'bout JJ at RDE? Just imagine that speed and quickness he'd bring off the edge.

The possibilities are endless.

jksmith269

Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes said:
Anyone know if Jason Ferguson has ever played tailback? I'd bet he'd be a load to bring down.

Larry Allen at CB? With his initial punch no WR would ever get off the line.

How 'bout JJ at RDE? Just imagine that speed and quickness he'd bring off the edge.

I was thinking Ferggie at QB, JJ at Guard, Bledsoe at NT, Adams and Allen at the CB double AA going on, and while at it how bout BP suiting up playing FS show everyone how its done.

and the Coup de grace Jerry Jones as a cheerleader imagine those legs...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes said:
Anyone know if Jason Ferguson has ever played tailback? I'd bet he'd be a load to bring down. REDICULOUS

Larry Allen at CB? With his initial punch no WR would ever get off the line.ASSENINE

How 'bout JJ at RDE? REALLY BAD IDEA
Just imagine that speed and quickness he'd bring off the edge.

BRING SOETHING THAT IS REAL TO THE TABLE

Canty is a feasable SITUATIONAL TE.....

Spears is another guy you might give a few reps on Offense as well. Richard Seymour plays some FB....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:
Again to my question - anyone know if he has ever played tight end?

according to PFW Draft guide, Canty played some TE in goalline sits at UVA in 04

David

jksmith269

Reaction score
Current TE's on the roster

86 Campbell, Dan
88 Pierce, Brett
85 Robinson, Jeff
80 Ryan, Sean TE
82 Witten, Jason
49 Curtis, Tony
80 Reid, Duncan

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
according to PFW Draft guide, Canty played some TE in goalline sits at UVA in 04

David
Thanks for the info - that was the role I saw him in for us. Red Zone and short yardage packages. More to throw off a defense. He was all State Tight End and All State basketball player. I bet he could do it well.

HIGH SCHOOL
Attended Charlotte (N.C.) Latin School, playing football for coach Larry McNulty...Played tight end and defensive end as a junior and senior...Did not participate in football during his first two years at the school...Named All-State at both tight end and defensive end and All-Conference as a tight end...As a senior he caught 20 receptions for 400 yards...Longest play of his career was a 66-yard touchdown reception on a screen pass...Defensively, he recorded 89 tackles and seven sacks as a senior...For his career, he had 161 tackles, 12 sacks and two fumble recoveries

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
This isn't that far fetched by any means. Everyone hounds Nors for wanting Dallas to be NE South, but Canty or Spears as a goal line TE is realistic.

Like someone else said though, lets get him healthy and contributing at DE first.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Current TE's on the roster

86 Campbell, Dan OFF INJURY
88 Pierce, Brett SCRUB
85 Robinson, Jeff SNAPPER, SCRUB TE
80 Ryan, Sean TE WAS CUT LAST YEAR
82 Witten, Jason ALL PRO
49 Curtis, Tony SCRUB
80 Reid, Duncan SCRUB

To my point we have no depth at TE.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
This isn't that far fetched by any means. Everyone hounds Nors for wanting Dallas to be NE South, but Canty or Spears as a goal line TE is realistic.

Like someone else said though, lets get him healthy and contributing at DE first.

I agree - he'll focus at DE (Canty). I would not be suprised to see him get some work at TE, either in practice or next year.At 6-7 290 and hands - he's a Red Zone threat!

I'd pay money to watch Al s Try and cover/tackle him!
He'd bounce off him like popcorn.

jksmith269

Reaction score
Nors said:
To my point we have no depth at TE.
before you scrub all these players why not see how they play in preseason? From what I've heard Curtis is a VERY GOOD TE. if he pans out and Campbell stay healthy then we have 3 solid TE's now as far as Ryan goes I'll reserve my opinion on him until preseason when we get to see alot of these back up players play.