Chris Canty - Hybrid Thought

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Isn't every TE a Redzone threat?

I mean ... the guys you don't see catching 30 yard TD's ... you still have to cover in the Redzone.

Not when he's busily engaged tryin' to block a linebacker... but simply because one is a candidate to go out on a pass pattern does NOT equate to being an effective threat while doing so...

To be a "threat", Canty would have to be an EFFECTIVE red zone receiver... and he never has been...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:

C'mon, try being HONEST... you started out expressing the opinion that I didn't even know that Canty had played tight end, either in high school or in college, which is just ridiculous...

It's ridiculous because I'm a long-time UVa fan, and know their players pretty well... it's ridiculous because long before I'd posted in this thread, folks had talked about his playing the position in high school, and on a limited basis in college, so I'd read all that before I'd first posted... and it's ridiculous because I was the one who actually posted his college stats to this thread...

All of which proves that you made a bogus assumption, and tried to pick a fight with me over it... then, you went on to twist my argument, trying to make it look like I was saying that using Canty as a TE was a bad idea in any situation, when anybody who'd read my posts to that point (and had a minimum of reading comprehension at his disposal) would easily see that I was saying he wouldn't amount to much as a RECEIVING-type TE... I consistently said he might be effective as an extra BLOCKING-type TE in goal line and short yardage sets...

That's clearly distorting my argument... the proof of what I've just said can be easily found in my earlier posts to this thread, but if you still doubt me, I can go back and dig up selected quotes, if you like...

Don't flatter yourself. I think you're a twit that is hardly worth reading.

And yet, you read me... then you get all worked up, and come looking for a fight... your actions don't seem to be consistent with your words...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4) Personal attacks or insults directed at other members of this site are not allowed. Name calling and commentary about another user's family, intelligence, etc. are all considered personal in nature. Violating this guideline will result in your account being suspended or banned.

I suggest some of you guys read up on the rules and get over the petty attacks.

This thread is Closed.