Chris Carter says...Cowboys playoff run would be 'discredit to team sports'

dcjules

Reaction score
"its a discredit" if Dallas wins, saying they are all individuals, whats with the hate????? oh yeah, also rip Cutler, early season darling over the reckless style he has, a style allowed by the great god himself, Shanahan....oh one more thing, great moral victory by Panthers, guess we are in good shape with losses to Pitt and BAlt???

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I don't understand how that loss reflected the Cowboys are a bunch of individuals.

We were simply outplayed in the most critical junctures of the game and, to compound the matter, missed capitalizing on the few opportunities the Ravens did provide us (the bomb to T.O., the bomb to Austin and the near fumble recovery by Hamlin).

Romo, Owens and Witten sure didn't look like a bunch of individuals when they were orchestrating what appeared to be a potential historic (in our favor) ending to Texas Stadium. And I'm not sure how whiffing on tackles qualifies as not being a team.

There's a lot you can rip on the Cowboys for that game. But not playing as a team? Puhleeze.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
RainMan;2518783 said:
I don't understand how that loss reflected the Cowboys are a bunch of individuals.

We were simply outplayed in the most critical junctures of the game and, to compound the matter, missed capitalizing on the few opportunities the Ravens did provide us (the bomb to T.O., the bomb to Austin and the near fumble recovery by Hamlin).

Romo, Owens and Witten sure didn't look like a bunch of individuals when they were orchestrating what appeared to be a potential historic (in our favor) ending to Texas Stadium. And I'm not sure how whiffing on tackles qualifies as not being a team.

There's a lot you can rip on the Cowboys for that game. But not playing as a team? Puhleeze.
Your logic and level head are not wanted here.

grp05

Reaction score
RainMan;2518783 said:

ESPN has nothing. Have you ever noticed they've been saying the same thing since T.O. got here? WHEN'S HE GOING TO EXPLODE?! WHEN WILL IT BECOME TOO MUCH?! ROMO AND T.O. WILL SURELY BREAK APART THE COWBOYS!!!

Yet all they have are BS Werder stories. I've heard the "individuals" excuse for years now. It easy for them because there's no way to "prove" it or back it up.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
RainMan;2518783 said:

Great post, man. Every loose ball and every break went the Ravens' way. That has nothing to do with a team concept. Compound that with bad execution at critical times = loss.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
I've heard this type of thing from Dallas haters all my life going back to the 70s teams. The Cowboys are just flash, dash, and cash. The other teams were the ones with the guts and character. Despite being proved wrong many times over the years, the theme remains the same. I'm sick of it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
RainMan;2518783 said:

good post man. We all know this team has flaws. I personally think it has its more serious flaw at its core with the man that owns the team and that is why year after year we see the same problems.

but, I didnt see anything saturday night that made me believe, one player or one person or individual play caused the loss.

they fumbled 5 times and we recovered one ball. Little things like that cost you games.

I really almost never watch espn anymore and whenever I have this is the kind of crap I see.

Nothing would be better for this team to beat the first media darling sunday, then have an opportunity to go beat peterson and earn a trip to the meadowlands.

It would be so hillarious and ironic if they had to sit their and talk about our TEAM winning in the playoffs. All of their talking points would be down the toilet.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
when 2 teams play 1 team will ALWAYS lose (unless you are the Eagles and Bengals).....why do they have to act like we have serious issues everytime we lose a game.? last i heard no team has ever won all 16 regular season games except the Pats and we all know how that turned out for them...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its amazing how much hate this team receivers. I blame Sheshawn. He's rubbing off on guys over there lol. Seriously when we win its nothing but when we lose we have no head coaching and we're just a bunch of individuals. Seriously. Why can't it be that we just lost? Why does it have to be more than that? They talk like the Ravens suck. Like they have no defense.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carter is a. an idiot, and b. a former Eagle, and c. unable to stand the fact that TO is systematically replacing his name in record books and that he's got no respect at all for CC.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dcjules;2518765 said:
"its a discredit" if Dallas wins, saying they are all individuals, whats with the hate????? oh yeah, also rip Cutler, early season darling over the reckless style he has, a style allowed by the great god himself, Shanahan....oh one more thing, great moral victory by Panthers, guess we are in good shape with losses to Pitt and BAlt???

Can you smell it?
It IS Fear!

They know that the Boys have a shot to win on Sunday.

They know that anything can happen in the playoffs. All the Cowboys need is that win and some momentum.

I promise you... its fear and jealousy... especially with Keyshawn.

BigD

Got 5? We do!
Reaction score
Just another bitter wide receiver who never had the privilege to wear the star.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cris Carter: Cowboys playoff run would be 'discredit to team sports'

2:09 PM Mon, Dec 22, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Ex-Pro Bowl WR Cris Carter, who has been consistent with his criticism of the Cowboys, doesn't think this team has a playoff run in it.

Actually, Carter hopes the Cowboys don't get on a roll. Just think of the message it would send the kids of this country!!!

"I'm gonna tell you something: If Dallas goes on a run like that, it's a discredit to team sports, it's a discredit to team unity," Carter said on ESPN Radio this morning. "I mean, it's a discredit to all the things that we sacrifice when we put together a football team. I would be surprised. If you can do that, I would be shocked. I've been around the league a long time. I'd be shocked. Because the NFL, part of the story is talent. There are other stories, and they do have the talent thing, but they also have the dysfunction thing down pat, too."

Comments (31) Leave comment | E-mail entry

PAINFROMUKRAINE

Reaction score
The Idiot has NEVER won a Super Bowl Ring yet he is the EXPERT on Team UNITY and putting together a Championship Football Team.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
LOL.

chris carter is worried about the message to americas youth.

lol

he needs to check a mirror. And then lift it up, wipe off the white residue and look directly into it.