Chris Carter says...Cowboys playoff run would be 'discredit to team sports'

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score

Please, I beg of you, do I have to look up Winfreys nose?

I don't care for the woman, and she is hard to look at.

I'm reading along, post after post and then I scroll up for the next post and BAMM, up her nose.

Halle, I want Halle.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Any team that goes 10-6 has a right to go to the playoffs. I could see it if we backed in a 8-8 or even 9-7, but not 10-6.

That said, allowing back to back 80 yard runs by the slowest RB tandem in the NFL, when everyone knows the run is coming, is nothing less than a historic and spectacular mental breakdown. Sorry, no way to spin that. We deserve to be pointed at and laughed by everyone for that one.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
PAINFROMUKRAINE;2518964 said:
The Idiot has NEVER won a Super Bowl Ring yet he is the EXPERT on Team UNITY and putting together a Championship Football Team.

Yeah and he was a team mate from one of the most selfish WR's to take the field.

So I am guessing that if he would have won a SB with Moss then he would say that it was different.... or maybe he would give SB ring back because it was wrong.

:cool:

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
"I'm gonna tell you something: If Dallas goes on a run like that, it's a discredit to team sports, it's a discredit to team unity," Carter said on ESPN Radio this morning. "I mean, it's a discredit to all the things that we sacrifice when we put together a football team. I would be surprised. If you can do that, I would be shocked. I've been around the league a long time. I'd be shocked. Because the NFL, part of the story is talent. There are other stories, and they do have the talent thing, but they also have the dysfunction thing down pat, too."
So...um...let me get this straight. A Cowboys run at the Super Bowl will be, essentially, BAD for sports in general?

Because the Cowboys are not a "team" or don't play as a "team" in his eyes?

I'm sure that along with being an analyst comes the responsibility of occationally coming up with interesting and thought-provoking opinions, but this is about as big of a reach as I've ever seen.

How much do they pay him for gems like this?

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2518818 said:
Great post, man. Every loose ball and every break went the Ravens' way. That has nothing to do with a team concept. Compound that with bad execution at critical times = loss.
great post yourself, so many things went baltimores way throughout the game, and we got out schemed those for two big runs bottom line .. carter,eric allen,and some of those other guys were "good" players but doesnt mean they know what theyre talking about,carter has alot of room to talk.Did he ever make it to the big game?

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
I kinda agree with him. I've noticed this since the beginning of the season.

It just seems like Jerry compiled a team of talented individuals. Next time we make a play, check out our players. They all do their little "me" celebration every time they make a play. Of course, occasionally they will acknowledge each other, but for the most part everyone's doing their own thing.

Teams like the Titans and Giants get real into it. It's hard to explain, but when I watch these teams I get a "we're in this together" type vibe. I don't really get that with the Cowboys. It doesn't mean we still can't make a run though, I just think it will be really hard to do so when we play teams that play like a team.

LRcowboy Fan

Reaction score
You have to understand that these former Eagles are jealous since they have never won the Super Bowl. Not to mention that but Carter is former Viking too. He is really green with envy. How would he know anything about team unity, etc?

Ren

Reaction score
i credit ESPN with making all these losers sheep of cowboys haters that means that i even in Norway catch **** on the streets if i wear cowboys gear by some clown that can't even name the starting QB on his own team :bang2:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If we have some kind of major playoff run you better believe Cris Carter will be singing a different tune by the end of it and putting some sort of spin on it.

Grevus

Reaction score
PAINFROMUKRAINE;2518964 said:
The Idiot has NEVER won a Super Bowl Ring yet he is the EXPERT on Team UNITY and putting together a Championship Football Team.

Cris forgets how much team building he did when he played for the Eagles.

The Panch

Reaction score
Achozen;2519159 said:
I kinda agree with him. I've noticed this since the beginning of the season.

It just seems like Jerry compiled a team of talented individuals. Next time we make a play, check out our players. They all do their little "me" celebration every time they make a play. Of course, occasionally they will acknowledge each other, but for the most part everyone's doing their own thing.

Teams like the Titans and Giants get real into it. It's hard to explain, but when I watch these teams I get a "we're in this together" type vibe. I don't really get that with the Cowboys. It doesn't mean we still can't make a run though, I just think it will be really hard to do so when we play teams that play like a team.
I agree with you, just make sure to duck.

I've heard this type of thing from Dallas haters all my life going back to the 70s teams. The Cowboys are just flash, dash, and cash. The other teams were the ones with the guts and character. Despite being proved wrong many times over the years, the theme remains the same. I'm sick of it.
That's the problem. When are we going to prove them wrong? We didnt do it last year. We havent done it this year. All I've seen is excuses and lack of accountability.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Carter has how many championship rings ? What does he know about what it takes ?

Except for Sunday night football...sometimes...I haven't watched ESPN in years. Just not my thing, more entertainment than sports reporting.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Carter is a discredit to anything NFL. He had a serious drug problem back in his Philly days. He is hardly free from criticism.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Wow, how did Dallas even manage to have a shot at the playoffs this year if they are so dysfunctional?

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Carter & the Vikings getting BLOWN OUT 41-0 in the 2000 NFC Championship game was a BIGGER "discredit to team sports".

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
anyone else see rob parker the writer for the detroit free press and a regular on espn and their show 1st and 10 totally going over the line on rod marinelli and bringing his family into the topic today?

All these espn guys are garbage.