Chris Carter says...Cowboys playoff run would be 'discredit to team sports'

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Silly. It's not like we can back into the playoffs by losing. It's win or go home.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2519579 said:
anyone else see rob parker the writer for the detroit free press and a regular on espn and their show 1st and 10 totally going over the line on rod marinelli and bringing his family into the topic today?

All these espn guys are garbage.
I saw it...and his explanation was weak.

Was reading PFT, and Marinelli says he doesn't accept his apology.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2519588 said:
I saw it...and his explanation was weak.

Was reading PFT, and Marinelli says he doesn't accept his apology.

Marinelli kept his cool. Kudos to him for that after having to deal with such an idiot after a horrible loss.

If I were Marinelli, I would have left the podium and put a foot up the guy's ***.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don Corleone;2519595 said:
Marinelli kept his cool. Kudos to him for that after having to deal with such an idiot after a horrible loss.

If I were Marinelli, I would have left the podium and put a foot up the guy's ***.
Looks like this guy is in trouble. I thought he'd get suspended for a few days ala Calvin Watkins, but he may very well get the boot.

PARKER IN HOT WATER?
Posted by Mike Florio on December 22, 2008, 7:35 p.m.
As Detroit News columnist Rob Parker backpeddles faster than any member of the Lions secondary (then again, that ain’t saying much), ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz tells us that the incident involving Parker and Lions coach Rod Marinelli and a question about whether Marinelli wishes his daughter had married a defensive coordinator more capable than Joe Barry will not affect Parker’s relationship with ESPN, where he appears from time to time on ESPN2’s First Take.

But Parker might not be so lucky in his primary gig. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Parker’s superiors at the Detroit News have asked the Lions for a full transcript of the press conference in which Parker posed the question that, in the opinion of many, crossed the line.

We think that the powers-that-be at the Detroit News also should ask for the audiotapes, because Parker’s manner of speaking (whether intentional or otherwise) makes the whole thing seem to have a harder, meaner edge to it.

Marinelli's response too

MARINELLI WON’T ACCEPT PARKER’S APOLOGY
Posted by Mike Florio on December 22, 2008, 3:12 p.m.
On Monday, Rob Parker of the Detroit News attempted to apologize in a column for his over-the-line (in our view) question to Lions coach Rod Marinelli. (Parker asked Marinelli if he wished his daughter had married a better defensive coordinator.)

Parker also has apologized via a spot on ESPN, where he apparently does a regular thing on ESPN2’s First Take. (We didn’t know about that because, like most of the free world, we don’t watch First Take.)

But Marinelli won’t accept it.

“Anytime you attack my daughter, I’ve got a problem with that,” Marinelli said, according to Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com. “In a room of stink . . . and as a man and it was premeditated. I think there was something wrong with that, yeah.”

(A “room of stink”? Apparently, Marinelli has been to my office on the mornign after burrito night.)

Marinelli said that he hadn’t talked to Parker and that he has no desire to do so.

As to Parker’s column containing the apology, Marinelli said, “I didn’t read it, but I was told a little bit about it. I don’t accept anything. There are so many times people will say . . . I had an assistant coach [Jim Colletto] one time make a remark with you guys that he didn’t want to embarrass a player [Drew Stanton], did he take that remark back? Would you guys let him? No, you went from our practice field and ran to the locker room and put a microphone in front of the player — and [the coach] didn’t mean it that way.

“Do you remember that? To me, this is worse. Because his intent was to stir me up which is never going to happen. I can shoulder anything you bring. Easy. I can shoulder anything you bring.”

So why didn’t Marinelli respond to the question?

“I just don’t think that’s the right stage for that,” Marinelli said. “To me, it’s not. It’s the wrong stage for the game of football and for me to even react to something like that, on a stage about football — it’s a kid’s game, it’s for the kids. It’s wrong.”

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
watkins got off easy if you ask me. He was a total pompous rick with a p that day. They should have made him go cover the local soccer team and not be allowed on the beat with the cowboys anymore.

but hey watkins is useful, he takes pictures of guys tatoos. Oh and for anyone that cares that is Kelly Webster from espn 1033 next to calvin watkins..

http://img515.*************/img515/5504/december1142008047gv1.jpg

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ultra Warrior;2519577 said:
Carter & the Vikings getting BLOWN OUT 41-0 in the 2000 NFC Championship game was a BIGGER "discredit to team sports".

http://msp270.***BLOCKED***/albums/jj120/graduationdai/in-living-color.jpg

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Chris Carter... I was watching that old Vikings game on NFLNetwork the other day and it always makes me wonder; How does that guy fit his oversized mutant head into a helmet??
Anyway, the guy is a disgrace and using BSPN for his own personal agenda against the Cowboys every week shows what a joke they are. I demand he turn in his SuperBowl ring immediately. He doesn't deserve to wear it! (Thank God they don't give out crowns with a freak head like that.)

RoadRunner

Reaction score
What Carter really means is that it would make him angry if Dallas made it to the playoffs because he hates the team and the city.