Chris Leak

dcjules

Reaction score
In reading the "Lienart" thread, someone mentioned Leak, in watching the Gator game on Saturday, the thought crossed my mind, what about Leak, could he be the QB of the future....not sure how high he will go in the draft, is he a Senior or Junior??? I like his mobility and Arm... I for one, would like to see us draft that type of QB, our version of a McFlabb....somone who can throw and move...Personally, I like Leak as the QB of the Future, Vince Young, somone like that...maybe pipe dream, but that type of guy....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dcjules said:
In reading the "Lienart" thread, someone mentioned Leak, in watching the Gator game on Saturday, the thought crossed my mind, what about Leak, could he be the QB of the future....not sure how high he will go in the draft, is he a Senior or Junior??? I like his mobility and Arm... I for one, would like to see us draft that type of QB, our version of a McFlabb....somone who can throw and move...Personally, I like Leak as the QB of the Future, Vince Young, somone like that...maybe pipe dream, but that type of guy....

Leak shows good ability of being able to sit in a pocket and make the throw, I would have no problem if he were to end up in Dallas. I like mobility but 1st priority is a QB who can work from a pocket, myself I would not want a QB who could not do that. I have no interest in glorified running backs playing the QB position.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Leak will be lucky to be a first day pick. He's short 6'0" or so and isn't very mobile. His throwing mechanics are god awful as well and just isn't that productive on a consistent basis.

Clemson's Charlie Whitehurst is a questionable first round pick right now and is a far better prospect than Leak is.

Rich..........

MRTRIPOD

Reaction score
leak is too short i believe

but FL WR CHAD JACKSON is a STAR!!!!

HE IS THE MAN I WANT!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Leak was a very hightly rated talent coming out of HS and after his first year at Florida, there was a real high hope surrounding this player. Leak has kinda been the victom of the coaching thing at Florida. Unfortunate really. Might have been a fine QB had he been in an offense that was a bit more solid. Leak actually reminds me a bit of QC in terms of college careers.

btcutter

Reaction score
Young? Give me a break. He's got worse accuracy than Vick or QC. He'll be a great college QB but probably never make it big in the Pros.

Please don't draft a RB playing QB.

Take a real QB for godsake.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
btcutter said:
Young? Give me a break. He's got worse accuracy than Vick or QC. He'll be a great college QB but probably never make it big in the Pros.

Vince Young will make it in the NFL. It might not be as a quarterback, though. I see him as a WR.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
In this day and age of free agency, I would never draft a QB with an early pick. You can draft a linebacker or lineman that could start opening day, QB's often take years to become professional caliber.

There are always exceptions, but its a gamble. If you have the first pick and you have a sure future hall of famer in a rebuilding year, get him, but that doesn't happen often. Its safer and easier to pick up a free agent QB that has proven experience in the league.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
CowboyBlog said:
In this day and age of free agency, I would never draft a QB with an early pick. You can draft a linebacker or lineman that could start opening day, QB's often take years to become professional caliber.

There are always exceptions, but its a gamble. If you have the first pick and you have a sure future hall of famer in a rebuilding year, get him, but that doesn't happen often. Its safer and easier to pick up a free agent QB that has proven experience in the league.

Yep.

And your franchise would be just like the Cowboys are which is 26-39 and only 1 playoff appearance since 2000.

Also keep in mind that all of the Super Wins this franchise has was won with a QB we drafted in.

I would take Chris Leak in the heartbeat, as he seems to have some intangibles. As far as his mechanics are concerned, it would be good to pair him with Sean Peyton, who is pretty good at helping QBs grow.

- Mike G.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
btcutter said:

I wasnt convinced until I saw the Ohio State game, where he helped beat the Buckeyes with his feet and his arm.

Supposedly, UT brought in some QB consultant that worked with Young all summer on his throwing and he is light years ahead of where he was last year, where in the OU game he couldnt complete a pass to save his mother's life.

I bet he gets drafted as Quarterback.

- Mike G.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
dcjules said:

Leak isnt close to Mcnabb is size, arm strength or physical ability

It's highly unlikely IMO that Leak ever sees the field in the NFL as a starting QB...

and Vince Young is not going to be an NFL QB

David

lkelly

Reaction score
I'm curious what people don't like about Leak's mechanics? I had a high school football coach, who teaches QB mechanics to his players extensively, tell me that the college QB he thought had the best mechanics was Chris Leak. He's not big, and his arm isn't that strong, but he looks to have a sound throwing motion to me. It's certainly more textbook than Vince Young's, Omar Jacobs', and Chad Henne's.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Brady Quinn ending up here. The kid has a great arm, decent mobility, and is tuff as nails! He also continues to get better and better, the sky is the limit with this kid.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
CowboyBlog said:

How often do you see a franchise QB come available in FA?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan said:
I wouldn't mind Brady Quinn ending up here. The kid has a great arm, decent mobility, and is tuff as nails! He also continues to get better and better, the sky is the limit with this kid.

And taught by Charlie Weiss....

Kangaroo

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
Vince Young will make it in the NFL. It might not be as a quarterback, though. I see him as a WR.

Vincent Young has a horrible throwing motion it is not one that would most likely work in the NFL. I say Reggie Mcneal out of A&M would be a better prospect than both them as a Pro QB.

Vincent needs to spend the summer fixing his foot work and his throwing mechanics and return to Texas