Chris Leak

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Vincent Young has a horrible throwing motion it is not one that would most likely work in the NFL. I say Reggie Mcneal out of A&M would be a better prospect than both them as a Pro QB.

Vincent needs to spend the summer fixing his foot work and his throwing mechanics and return to Texas

I agree, As a big Texas fan I don't say that about Young easily but it is true. His biggest mistake will be if he choose to enter the 2006 draft. He really needs more time to develope as a QB. I do think he has improved a lot since last year but not enough

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I agree, As a big Texas fan I don't say that about Young easily but it is true. His biggest mistake will be if he choose to enter the 2006 draft. He really needs more time to develope as a QB. I do think he has improved a lot since last year but not enough

The kid has talent; I am just baffled why Mac Brown did not start working on that his red shirt year. Vince would be way ahead the curve and could have beated OK last year if they had (imo) that was a close low scoring game and they need some big plays from their passing games last year which did not exist.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
I wasnt convinced until I saw the Ohio State game, where he helped beat the Buckeyes with his feet and his arm.

Supposedly, UT brought in some QB consultant that worked with Young all summer on his throwing and he is light years ahead of where he was last year, where in the OU game he couldnt complete a pass to save his mother's life.

I bet he gets drafted as Quarterback.

- Mike G.

I agree, Young is a much better passer this year than he was last year. I don't know how fast he goes through his progressions and all the other stuff that make up a good QB, but his accuracy has improved tremendously.

I like what I saw from another QB this weekend too. I think his name is Reggie McNiel(?)

I would take Leinhart in a quick second though.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
The kid has talent; I am just baffled why Mac Brown did not start working on that his red shirt year. Vince would be way ahead the curve and could have beated OK last year if they had (imo) that was a close low scoring game and they need some big plays from their passing games last year which did not exist.

I think Mac has to an extent but I think they wanted Young to develope a comfort level playing QB before working on his passing skills. I think last years win over Mich. really helped boost Young confidence

Hiero

Reaction score
id rather have Quinn too. Leak just appears to me like the kind of college qb who wouldnt make it in the nfl, although he does have great mechanics. There is going to be several bigtime qb's coming out this year, and it would be a huge shame if the boys were to not take one.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
I am on board with Reggie McNeal. I've loved this kid since he beat OU three years ago. But, he's been up and down. Don't forget, too, that he was playing SMU this weekend.

I would love to see him with a star on his helmet next year.

fortdick

Reaction score
btcutter said:
Young? Give me a break. He's got worse accuracy than Vick or QC. He'll be a great college QB but probably never make it big in the Pros.

Please don't draft a RB playing QB.

Take a real QB for godsake.

They are predicting Young to be a WR in the NFL

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
LeonDixson said:
I agree, Young is a much better passer this year than he was last year. I don't know how fast he goes through his progressions and all the other stuff that make up a good QB, but his accuracy has improved tremendously.

I like what I saw from another QB this weekend too. I think his name is Reggie McNiel(?)

I would take Leinhart in a quick second though.

Yeah, but Mcneal struggled against Clemson. When I watch College Football, I am always interested in games where both sides have players that have NFL Potential, that is why the Ohio State/Texas Game was big. So in effect, McNeal looked great against SMU, but how many of those players are going Pro.

Here is the list of QBs I like:
Bohm (need to find his first name) - QB for Louiville

Vincent Young

Matt Leinhart

Chris Leak

I also heard the kid from FSU, the backup guy right now is going to be good too.

I really dont care about certain aspects of their game, I just want to know if they have the intangibles to win games as Sean Peyton or other good QB guys can help with the other techniques, but the intangibles you cannot teach.

- Mike G.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Hiero said:
id rather have Quinn too. Leak just appears to me like the kind of college qb who wouldnt make it in the nfl, although he does have great mechanics. There is going to be several bigtime qb's coming out this year, and it would be a huge shame if the boys were to not take one.

Which QBs do you think are coming out this year? I just wanted to compare your list with mine, even though I highly doubt the Cowboys would draft one, but one can always dream.

kartr

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
Leak isnt close to Mcnabb is size, arm strength or physical ability

It's highly unlikely IMO that Leak ever sees the field in the NFL as a starting QB...

and Vince Young is not going to be an NFL QB

David

What about Omar Jacobs? He'll cost less than Leinhart and he's got prototypical size, great mobility and is accurate and a reasonably strong arm.

kartr

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:

The season is still young, who's knows where he'll be at season's end. Having said that, I still think he needs to go back for his senior year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kartr said:
The season is still young, who's knows where he'll be at season's end. Having said that, I still think he needs to go back for his senior year.

I agree. As I mentioned I think Young has improved quite a bit since last season but I do think it would be wise for him to stay his senior year to continue to develop his passing skills. I have no problem with a mobile QB but he has to be able to work from a pocket, I have no interest in running QB. Even some of the all time greats who were mobile were able to easily work from a pocket and used mobility only as a last resort

kartr

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Which QBs do you think are coming out this year? I just wanted to compare your list with mine, even though I highly doubt the Cowboys would draft one, but one can always dream.

I still like Jacobs over all of them. He seems to be the total package. He's as accurate as Leinhart and more than mobile enough and a good decision-maker. He also stepped big time against Wisconsin, it's not his fault that they have no defense.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
The two QB's in college that I've seen who I can see having fine NFL careers are ND's Brady Quinn and Louisville's Brian Brohm. Both have the size, arm, smarts and intangibles to succeed. Take it to the bank.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Glenn Carano said:
The two QB's in college that I've seen who I can see having fine NFL careers are ND's Brady Quinn and Louisville's Brian Brohm. Both have the size, arm, smarts and intangibles to succeed. Take it to the bank.

Yes, Brian Brohm is nice man. He was so good that they even had him split time with Stefan Leflors last year because you always have to get your talent on the field.

I was sold on this guy when he played the way he did against Miami last year, a team they should have beaten.

Saturday night was the first time I had heard his name mentioned on a national level. Kurt Herberstreet said he expects him to be a Heisman Candidate.

- Mike G.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
kartr said:
I still like Jacobs over all of them. He seems to be the total package. He's as accurate as Leinhart and more than mobile enough and a good decision-maker. He also stepped big time against Wisconsin, it's not his fault that they have no defense.

Sup K

I have never seen the kid play. ESPN Magazine, which I subscribe to, had a really good in depth article on him like 2 magazines ago. They were just amazed that the Florida schools let this guy get away.

I really would like to see him play in a game. If I remember correctly, one of his best stats was his Passing Effeciency.

- Mike G.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
Letemburn said:
Reggie Mcneal is the answer, speed and accuracy

I dont know about this. He is a good QB, no doubt. I know him from high school, we were rival schools, but all the players knew each other pretty well since the towns are so close. Reggie is kind of one of those guys you never know about. I wouldnt be surprised to see him be the hold-out type once he was in for a couple years. He's a pretty selfish guy, and I'd much rather take Brady Quinn over a guy that could possible have character issues!! not to mention the guy is pretty inconsistent, and would most likely get distracted very easily. I dont have any personal issues with him; thats not why I am getting at him like this. I just dont want to see us waste a draft pick on him because I think thats what it would be.....a waste.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:
I dont know about this. He is a good QB, no doubt. I know him from high school, we were rival schools, but all the players knew each other pretty well since the towns are so close. Reggie is kind of one of those guys you never know about. I wouldnt be surprised to see him be the hold-out type once he was in for a couple years. He's a pretty selfish guy, and I'd much rather take Vince Young over a guy that could possible have character issues!!

What city are you from, the Woodlands or Conroe?

- Mike G.

wrnboysfan

Reaction score
i don't think so. He looked rattled at times against Tenn. Although this might just me the Vols fan talking. :eek::