Chris Leak

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
Wasn't Drew Brees too small too?

I'm pretty sure that Brees is actually taller than Leak. And his mechanics, accuracy and productivity were much better at the same stage.

Not only that, even Brees was a question mark in many scouts minds because of his size and he didn't have superb arm strength.

Rich..........

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
there's nothing wrong with Leak's throwing motion. I am a Gators fan and the big thing that kills me about him is he wont take off when pressure is in his face. He gets sacked too much when he could take off and make a gain out of it. I wonder if he has it in his head to be a pocket passer :eek: I dont believe he will be a good pro because of this, and I dont believe he has the best arm strength either :)

kartr

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Sup K

I have never seen the kid play. ESPN Magazine, which I subscribe to, had a really good in depth article on him like 2 magazines ago. They were just amazed that the Florida schools let this guy get away.

I really would like to see him play in a game. If I remember correctly, one of his best stats was his Passing Effeciency.

- Mike G.

Some of the sites I've viewed feel that maybe he has more upside than Leinhart, since he's only a junior. I saw him against the Sooners last year, even though the Sooners won big, he ripped their secondary to shreds, the same thing with Marshall in a bowl game and the same with Wisconsins secondary. Currently he's on pace to throw for 4,000 yards again and 40+ touchdowns. He can do it against the Mac schools or big schools.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Leak was a very hightly rated talent coming out of HS and after his first year at Florida, there was a real high hope surrounding this player. Leak has kinda been the victom of the coaching thing at Florida. Unfortunate really. Might have been a fine QB had he been in an offense that was a bit more solid. Leak actually reminds me a bit of QC in terms of college careers.

Leak will most definitely be a high pick and will be groomed as an nfl starter. The guy oozes talent. I think most ppl here see 1) Black skin and assume he's a runner and 2) a few games on tv (like the UT game Sat. night). Ive watched a good bit of sec football and that kid can really play. He's a pocket passer; he's not fast like Vick but he is mobile enough to get out of some trouble back there (ala Quincy). In fact, he reminds me a lot of quincy, physically. Both have real strong arms (Leaks' is probably stronger) Leak is smaller, though. Dunno how Leak is between the ears, its awfully hard to tell that in college, which QBs have NFL noggins and you never know until they get up here, but ill venture a guess and say Leak is better in that department as well.