Chris Russo - WFAN - Dallas about to fold for the season

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors said:
All in all I really like the WEEI Ordway show here in Boston - more entertainment.

Entertaining is right.

I listen to it in the car and am continually amazed at the Bledsoe snickering, dissing, and outright bashing. Why should they care at this point?

No one can ever say anything postivie about the guy w/o Ordway and his buddies over-reacting, and I just don't get it. It's not like Bledsoe went out the pariah Terry was. I still don't much care for Drew, and probably never will, but at least be honest about what he did do right in NE and what he is doing well in Dallas.

Example: in a discussion about QB ratings the week after the SF game, Ordway felt compelled to interject, "If you don't think the QB ratings system is meaningless, just consider's Drew Bledsoe's rating."

The other day I heard Steve Grogan was a much better QB than DB. And of course, it followed that had Plunkett remained, he's have out up his Oakland numbers/wins here and have been better than DB too.

In their endless attempt to elevate Brady to the status of Greatest QB in History of NFL, there is the side angle of trashing every other QB who ever played here, especially one who at one time was his 'rival'. Just as any praise of Tuna is seen as a detraction of Mumbles by these dolts, any analysis of DB not grounded in revisionist hate is instantly and vociferously beaten down.

Bledsoe was in NE and went out of NE, classy..with zero public negativity. Like him or not, that's a fact. He also went out the best QB the Pats had had to date. So revising history to say he stunk here is nonsense....the way they talk, you'd think they were referring just to his Buffalo years (which of course, is a source of great jubuliation...more proof in their odd framework of illogic that Brady is better than Montana. )

Why these neanderthals can't separate their Brady worship from their totally irrelevant Bledsoe bashing is beyond me, but that's New England for ya.

Hate everyone who leaves, even if it's not his 'fault'.

Yes, it is entertaining radio, because it's such a strong example of both the deep-seated perceived cultural inferiority to New York (this last Sox season will only reinforce that) that results in over-hype of anyone who plays anything in New England, AND the sad abandonment pathology exhibited anytime a player/coach for any NE franchise, whether formerly hated or loved, leaves.

Our regional psychosis, on display 24/7.

BTW, I see last year's hero Johnny Damon is now the new whipping boy, lmao.

Gordon

Reaction score
I listen to mike & the Mad Dog all the time, and I can say with confidence that Mad Dog's football knowledge is lacking. He knows everything there is to know about baseball, but when listening to him on Monday and Tuesday, it seems like he didnt even watch the football games, just looked at the box scores.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Well... for Russo's sake, let's hope he didn't place his millions on the iggles yesterday... ;)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Russo did an entire Saturday show about how it was a new holiday "Elimination Day"...it was the day to celebrate the Yankees elimination. Uh, ooops a bit premature.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I agree on Russo being average at best with football.

When they do picks all he does is say what he knows about the team, not why they'll win.

"Carolina- good d line, nice WR's, they got that RB, hes old, but well see, del-Ome, you know, hell do his thing, good game"

Mike is a lot better.