Roethlisberger

Very soon to be:
Murray
Mayfield
Jones
Burrow
Tua
Darnold

That group could do as much or more work Dallas' elite personnel.

Dak is in the next batch.

And save your meaningless garbage time stats.
You named 11, not 19, and then added some you merely assumed would be in the future. You do realize an assumption about a player in the future doesn't support your claim as to how things stand today.

As for the 11, with the exception of Stafford I can accept those as at least being reasonable if a person believes they are better than Dak, however I think it would also be reasonable to put Dak ahead of 5-6 of them. I think Dak can reasonably be considered anywhere from 6-10 on the list.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Judging from the way the Cowboys hesitate to offer the $$ to equal to their evaluations, do they really believe what they claim he is? :omg:

Maybe they do and then again, maybe not. Contract negotiations are such that both sides offer a best case scenario to support their views.

Hopefully, when all is said and done, assuming both sides "act in good faith," they arrive at a mutual agreement that they consider fair to all.

In short, there is no secret formula to arriving at an accurate decision as to what the player deserves. It's strictly a case of mutual agreement.

Last edited:

BackInTown

Reaction score
Look, I think Dak has a claim to the top 5. Not sure he’s in it though. But the bottom line is that Chris Simms is a painful, horrible waste of a coconut-shell brain inside a prototypical QB body, who personally submarined the Longhorns for his tenure because of his measureables, then predictably did the same thing in the NFL to a team that was again enamored by his measureables. Major Applewhite was 100X the QB he was in every way except his biceps size, and therefore this thread is moot.

Rayman70

Reaction score
so what if he isn't top five. Could give a crap less. He IS top 10. BTW...who made Chris Simms and authority? lol ..and watch, as soon as Dak has a great season Chris will call him top five. He will flip flop.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look, I think Dak has a claim to the top 5. Not sure he’s in it though. But the bottom line is that Chris Simms is a painful, horrible waste of a coconut-shell brain inside a prototypical QB body, who personally submarined the Longhorns for his tenure because of his measureables, then predictably did the same thing in the NFL to a team that was again enamored by his measureables. Major Applewhite was 100X the QB he was in every way except his biceps size, and therefore this thread is moot.

Can you give us soem examples of him being really wrong with his commentary and assessments? I don;t really know....but I'm asking someone that DOES "know"... and hates him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then 50% will be wrong and 50% will be right. But...……………..

Its not about agreeing. Its about a point of view that nails everything completely. Simms is one of the best at analysis and especially the QB position.

Everything he says by the way is obvious, football 101 stuff. NONE of that is deep analysis. Simple, clear, fundamental stuff.

I can respect that. Some people try to get cute and ...self proclaimed clever. Just keep it 101 for the masses. There are other resources for 200, 300 and 500 courses.

BackInTown

Reaction score
Can you give us soem examples of him being really wrong with his commentary and assessments? I don;t really know....but I'm asking someone that DOES "know"... and hates him.

It was a joke, my friend. I'm sure he has been wrong at some point in time, but the sad truth is that his awful quarterbacking is not relevant to his sportscasting.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a joke, my friend. I'm sure he has been wrong at some point in time, but the sad truth is that his awful quarterbacking is not relevant to his sportscasting.

Okay...and I agree. His whatever QBing isn't relevant to his sportscasting.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Chris Simms is as obnoxious as his old man, but at least his dad could play pro football.

I didn't realize anyone thought Dak was currently a top 5 quarterback.

Matthew Stafford was once the highest paid player in NFL history. Did anyone think he was the best player in NFL history?