Video: Chris Simms: Dak is not Top 5

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But he will be in that 6-9 range, probably by 2022. He will get jumped by at least 3 QB's by 21.

If this is a 5 year deal, then the 5 years should be considered and only what he is actually paid and guaranteed.

Troll is used by many to describe anyone disagreeing with them as they can't possibly grasp why another fan would disagree. And some posters just can't seem to get through a post without calling another poster some name. I wonder if some of these posters that are so aggressive on this board are like that with people in person?
I certainly doubt they are because they seem foolish and completely unreasonable to be so disrespectful of someone who simply disagrees with them.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
You've been more than that on Dak, come on.
But high 20's? Look at you! I nod my head in approval.
High 20's sounds great.
you sure my posts are not sarcasm? since we can't get kleenex's it's fun watching the dakslobbers.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
you sure my posts are not sarcasm? since we can't get kleenex's it's fun watching the dakslobbers.
Lol... you're not thinking I'm a Dak Slobberer, are you? I would think you'd know me better than that.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
This video is everything in a nut shell soup to nuts. 100% accurate in every way.

Not top 5. 6-9 Clearly not average, clearly better than the trolls say. Clearly a guy you sign.

Case closed, argument over, trolls take a beating.

Whatever. This "expert" (who couldn't make it in the league) put a RB in his top 5 ahead of Rodgers! So no, case is not closed. Dak is a superb athlete, he is not an NFL QB.
Let me qualify that, he is not a prototypical NFL QB, he consistently fails to deliver the ball to an open receiver in a place where the receiver can then make a play. To be blunt, he is more times than not behind and low on his deliveries, thus causing the receiver to have to either slow down, make a very good catch away from his body or even sometimes just stop.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Whatever. This "expert" (who couldn't make it in the league) put a RB in his top 5 ahead of Rodgers! So no, case is not closed. Dak is a superb athlete, he is not an NFL QB.
Let me qualify that, he is not a prototypical NFL QB, he consistently fails to deliver the ball to an open receiver in a place where the receiver can then make a play. To be blunt, he is more times than not behind and low on his deliveries, thus causing the receiver to have to either slow down, make a very good catch away from his body or even sometimes just stop.

Sure buddy, whatever you say. You are truly the QB guru. We all bow to your obvious wisdom in regards to the QB position. :muttley:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
So by that argument, if you have a Top 5 QB and you don't succeed.....what's the point in giving him more money, thus reducing Cap available to improve the team in areas that you don't have Top 5 players?

Aikman won a SB before his first post draft contract.

Dak and Romo are/were similar in that they are undoubtable talents ….. but are/were they going to make you a winner??

It appears Dak comparing himself to the other 2016 drafted QB's rather than what he's worth or what he deserves based on achievements.

Hard to tell how good aikman really was. He had elite everything around him.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Chris Simms is right. He is not top 5 but he is top 10 and he is next for the top paid QB contract.

Chris Simms is wrong about the value of a QB. The QB touches the ball on offense more than any other player except C. But he distributes the ball to more players than the C. What is your 2 WR, TE, RB, FB, and LT are without a good QB. With the NFL rule changes to protect QB and get receivers open, the NFL QB is the most valuable position on the team.

When Troy Aikman got his 2 contracts he was the highest paid. Romo got his, he was highest paid. There is logic to next up as no team is making an average or below average QB top paid in the league. Chria then contradicts himself saying not to worry because the next up will not be highest paid for long.

Russell earned his contract, Goff earned his contract, Wentz earned his contract, and Dak has earned his contract. You have to find the QB. Whether he is a generational passer, top gunslinger, or great bus driver. You find the QB and you pay the QB to keep the QB.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Ranking Dak if you look at his yardage he is top 5 but then so is Winston, Goff, Ryan. One thing about ranking Dak a top 10 QB that bother me are he has 4 games without a TD. Thats 25% of their games with out a TD! Just for comparison I looked and here are how many other games some QBs had last year without throwing a TD pass.

Dak - 4
Goff- 4
Watson-4
Rogers-3
Garapoplo- 3
Ryan-3
Brady-3
Cousins-2
Mayfield-2
Wilson -1
Mahomes-1
Wentz - 0

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I don't see how saying Prescott is behind Mahomey, Jackson, Wilson, Rogers, and Watson is a slight. Those are some seriously talented dudes.

Creeper

Reaction score
That's why they signed Cameron Erving, as a swing tackle he at least has experience, because it's not a matter of if Smith will get hurt, but when

Totally agree. I think a lot of fans are wishful thinking when it comes to Tyron Smith. He is not the player he was in 2016. He struggles at times now when he used to dominate in the past. I am not sure which injury is holding him back but the injuries have taken a toll on Smith. In 2021, they will need CBs and DTs again, but they will also need to think about addressing the OL. If Smith slips a little more in 2020, then we can't be optimistic about 2021.

And for the record, I am not saying Smith is a liability on the Cowboys OL. But am thinking about the future. Smith is not the player he once was and that's not something that improves with age.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
6-9 is reasonable and most likely the most accurate.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ranking Dak if you look at his yardage he is top 5 but then so is Winston, Goff, Ryan. One thing about ranking Dak a top 10 QB that bother me are he has 4 games without a TD. Thats 25% of their games with out a TD! Just for comparison I looked and here are how many other games some QBs had last year without throwing a TD pass.

Dak - 4
Goff- 4
Watson-4
Rogers-3
Garapoplo- 3
Ryan-3
Brady-3
Cousins-2
Mayfield-2
Wilson -1
Mahomes-1
Wentz - 0
Would definitely like to see that number come down, but 4 doesn't seem outrageous when looking at this list. Most would consider Watson a top 10 QB and he also had 4, and everyone would consider Rodgers a top 5 QB and he only had one less. Plus, I'm sure Dak had a rushing TD in at least one of those games.

sulu1701

Reaction score
Totally agree. I think a lot of fans are wishful thinking when it comes to Tyron Smith. He is not the player he was in 2016. He struggles at times now when he used to dominate in the past. I am not sure which injury is holding him back but the injuries have taken a toll on Smith. In 2021, they will need CBs and DTs again, but they will also need to think about addressing the OL. If Smith slips a little more in 2020, then we can't be optimistic about 2021.

And for the record, I am not saying Smith is a liability on the Cowboys OL. But am thinking about the future. Smith is not the player he once was and that's not something that improves with age.
He's had a bad back the last few years which is not good for a tackle, or anybody on the o-line for that matter, and maybe it's just me, but it seems like the holding calls have gone up a bit, that Falcons game showed that they need to start thinking about the o-line in the near future

doomsday9084

Reaction score
He was certainly top 5 last year.

You think he was better than 3 of Tannehill, Brees, Mahomes, Wilson, Cousins, Watson and Rodgers?

He was 10th in passer rating for an 8-8 team. Yards was his best stat and Winston lead the league in that. Are yards really that indicative of a good QB?