Video: Chris Simms: Dak is not Top 5

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You think he was better than 3 of Tannehill, Brees, Mahomes, Wilson, Cousins, Watson and Rodgers?

He was 10th in passer rating for an 8-8 team. Yards was his best stat and Winston lead the league in that. Are yards really that indicative of a good QB?
He was better than all of them except Mahomes.

CordovaRaider

Reaction score
My top 20 QBs for this coming year would be:

First quartile:
Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Brees, Rodgers

Second / Third quartile (in descending order)
Wentz, Brady, Murray (he’s going to break out), Cousins, Tannehill, Garoppolo, Goff, Dak, Ryan, Stafford

Fourth Quartile: Burrow, Carr, Allen, Bridgwater (this young man may move up quickly), Jones

Dak isn’t better than Jimmy G, Goff, Cousins or Tannehill but he is better than Ryan and Stafford...Dak’s contract should be similar to Jimmy G and Cousins.

Last edited:

DanA

Reaction score
1. Mahomes - The obvious best QB
2. Wilson - Comfortably no.2 IMO
3. Brees - I think he's no.3

4. Rodgers - With no conviction, I think he's lost a little
5. Jackson - For now, don't think he'll last the way he plays
6. Dak - He's super reliable
7. Brady - Was the best ever, isn't anymore
8. Ryan - Underrated IMO
9 Big Ben - Was top 3, injuries hold him back now
10. Stafford - No.1 potential, just never reached it

People want to hate on Dak but IMO he's the most likely to play 16 games this year of all the QB's and I'm pretty sure he'll be solid.

kskboys

Reaction score
My top 20 QBs for this coming year would be:

First quartile:
Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Brees, Rodgers

Second / Third quartile (in descending order)
Wentz, Brady, Murray (he’s going to break out), Cousins, Tannehill, Garoppolo, Goff, Dak, Ryan, Stafford

Fourth Quartile: Burrow, Carr, Allen, Bridgwater (this young man may move up quickly), Jones

Dak isn’t better than Jimmy G, Goff, Cousins or Tannehill but he is better than Ryan and Stafford...Dak’s contract should be similar to Jimmy G and Cousins.
Ryan and Stafford are easily better than Cousins, Goff, and Tannehill. Easiliy. JimmyG? Unknown at this point.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak is better than Watson. And he's better than Jackson too who's gonna dip next year. Dak would've won a Super Bowl with that Baltimore team.

The only 6 guys I'd put above Dak is Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, and Ben.
I'm not sure I can put Brady, Brees, Rodgers or Ben in that top tier anymore.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cousins just signed a 2 year contract extension with every dime fully guaranteed. Neither Dak or the Cowboys are interested in that kind of deal, so how can that be the standard?

As for Garoppolo, his contract is 2 years old, before $30+ million/year contracts were being handed out, and at the time he only had a handful of NFL starts under his belt, and the Super Bowl was nowhere on the horizon. How is that similar to Dak’s situation?

I’m wondering why Tannehill is getting so much love. Yes, nice run last year, but he’s a 7 year veteran, and that isn’t his history. He needs to put together more high level play than one partial season to get credit for being a top QB.

Last edited:

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
You can't have an intelligent conversation with cavemen, unfortunately who doesn't realize that the most recent contract will always exceed contracts signed years ago even if he is not as good as the guys paid a little bit less than him. And... I also think his contract is gonna be a little bit less than Wilson's..... so maybe he'll be 2nd highest paid.
Actually, cavemen everywhere are insulted, they are quite intelligent. They can out hunt, fish, and live off the land better than modern men, and can chip out stone spear and arrow heads in no time. They have human powered cars with rock wheels and invented bowling with chiseled rocks, turned dinosaurs into pets. They are very adept at whittling clubs to knock their women out to drag home by the hair, etc.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Sure buddy, whatever you say. You are truly the QB guru. We all bow to your obvious wisdom in regards to the QB position. :muttley:
Well "buddy" I have never claimed to be a "guru", but I do know what I see when I watch #4.

Flamma

Reaction score
Cousins just signed a 2 year contract extension with every dime fully guaranteed. Neither Dak or the Cowboys are interested in that kind of deal, so how can that be the standard?

As for Garoppolo, his contract is 2 years old, before $30+ million/year contracts were being handed out, and at the time he only had a handful of NFL starts under his belt, and the Super Bowl was nowhere on the horizon. How is that similar to Dak’s situation?

Yeah Jimmy G. got a pretty good contract when he signed it. It's dated now.

As far as Cousins goes, his cap hit in his last year of the contract is enormous. They can't get out of it. The salcap would have to go to 300 million for him to take up 15% of the cap. If it goes up the usual 10-12 mil per, he'll be taking up 20% of the cap. But I guess they don't care since it's only one year. The Cowboys won't be too far from that if they sign Dak to 4 years. It needs to be longer than that if the sign him.

erod

Reaction score
Name 19 QBs that could be considered better than Dak.
Brady
Brees
Mahomes
Jackson
Wilson
Rodgers
Ryan
Stafford
Watson
Wentz
Roethlisberger

Very soon to be:
Murray
Mayfield
Jones
Burrow
Tua
Darnold

That group could do as much or more work Dallas' elite personnel.

Dak is in the next batch.

And save your meaningless garbage time stats.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brady
Brees
Mahomes
Jackson
Wilson
Rodgers
Ryan
Stafford
Watson
Wentz
Roethlisberger

Very soon to be:
Murray
Mayfield
Jones
Burrow
Tua
Darnold

Correct great realistic post!!
The above was verified by 32 NFL GM in a poll where they had Prescott as a Tier 3 QB.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...rterback-did-they-get-it-right-dallas-cowboys

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Brady
Brees
Mahomes
Jackson
Wilson
Rodgers
Ryan
Stafford
Watson
Wentz
Roethlisberger

Very soon to be:
Murray
Mayfield
Jones
Burrow
Tua
Darnold

Don't hurt him erod baby!
he doesn't understand basics!

Swagger

Reaction score
Brady
Brees
Mahomes
Jackson
Wilson
Rodgers
Ryan
Stafford
Watson
Wentz
Roethlisberger

Very soon to be:
Murray
Mayfield
Jones
Burrow
Tua
Darnold

Arguably throw in Josh Allen take out Baker Mayfield and after this season add Jimmy G as well.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He meant a 7-9 QB. And maybe 8-9 in the extended season.
I hate it that our fellowship here is intruded into by arguments over an average SEC QB who has been average in the NFL.
Top 10 isn't average.