News: Chris Simms Lists His Top 40 QBs for 2022

conner01

Reaction score
Yea, only Trolls are blaming the QB solely. But much of that rhetoric is generated and created by the media hype on QB’s as well. Casual and fringe fans who don’t watch all of the games are easily influenced by such.

Elite QB’s definitely make it easier to build around but as you mentioned it’s not a guarantee and they still need a supporting cast. Or Elite QB’s would win it every year .
Exactly
And good QB’s get considered great for winning a ring but those same QB’s can’t win when the roster is no longer great. Aaron Rodgers could be the most talented QB in the nfl but he has one ring because he didn’t have the team around him to win more. Same with Wilson

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The Rams got a lucky break this year, Stafford threw the game right to the 9ers and the dB dropped it. The 9ers also didntnt have great qb play to get to the championship game
How would an interception on the opponents 35 yard line with almost ten minutes left be considered a game ender?

plasticman

Reaction score
According to the title Simms is rating the top 40 quarterbacks, not the top 40 passers.

This means that I have every right to include Dak's rushing stats, scoring stats, and winning stats as well as his value as a leader and motivator.

I think Simms felt the same way which is why you see Dak at #9.

Five of the eight QB's in front of him have won Super Bowls. All but Herbert have been to a conference championship game.

Ken

Reaction score
How would an interception on the opponents 35 yard line with almost ten minutes left be considered a game ender?
It wouldn't have been a game ender but their odds of winning would have went down considerably. They ended up getting 3 points on that drive too.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Stafford is a good QB
He’s not Aaron Rodgers though. To some getting a ring makes you great but a great roster is what makes a team great. Brady is the one possible exception because he won with good but not great rosters
Rodgers, Wilson both won with great rosters but neither could win without a great roster
My name is Eli and I have 2 rings. What's up? I always thought he was a tier 2 QB.

GINeric

Reaction score
Please don't mention (Peyton) Manning, Brees or Stafford in the same sentence as Dak. That's not fair to him.

Within their first 5 years, Dak had comparable stats with them if not better in some categories and they all only had one playoff win. Dak definitely had better numbers than Stafford AND Stafford had ZERO playoff wins in his first 5, 6 years. So yes... I CAN compare all of these quarterbacks first 5, 6 years.

What's NOT fair to Dak is holding higher standards for a 4th round pick MUCH higher than the standards you hold for other 1st round draft quarterbacks who have 12 or more years. Its also unfair to Dak to compare him to a quarterback who has 12 to 15 years in the NFL when Dak only played 5 full seasons. Thats the dumbest thing people tend to do regularly.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Looks good to me.. But I think Dak falls into 10-15 range

I like tiers..
Tier 1= Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers
Tier 2= Stafford, Allen, Burrow, Wilson, Herbert, Jackson
Tier 3= Dak, Murray, Carr, Tannyhill, Cousins

That’s a really rough tier 3 you have him in . Cousins and Tannehill ? If that’s the case then Prescott is vastly overpaid. Murray & Carr . I think the Cardinals are going to learn they aren’t going anywhere in the NFC West .

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Within their first 5 years, Dak had comparable stats with them if not better in some categories and they all only had one playoff win. Dak definitely had better numbers than Stafford AND Stafford had ZERO playoff wins in his first 5, 6 years. So yes... I CAN compare all of these quarterbacks first 5, 6 years.

What's NOT fair to Dak is holding higher standards for a 4th round pick MUCH higher than the standards you hold for other 1st round draft quarterbacks who have 12 or more years. Its also unfair to Dak to compare him to a quarterback who has 12 to 15 years in the NFL when Dak only played 5 full seasons. Thats the dumbest thing people tend to do regularly.
Kirk cousins and Dak Prescott are the 4th round GOATS. Yay!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Looks good to me.. But I think Dak falls into 10-15 range

I like tiers..
Tier 1= Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers
Tier 2= Stafford, Allen, Burrow, Wilson, Herbert, Jackson
Tier 3= Dak, Murray, Carr, Tannyhill, Cousins
Dak is better than herbert and jackson and probably on par with burrow right now.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
That’s a really rough tier 3 you have him in . Cousins and Tannehill ? If that’s the case then Prescott is vastly overpaid. Murray & Carr . I think the Cardinals are going to learn they aren’t going anywhere in the NFC West .
Both Cousins and Tannehill could win the East with the weapons we have. So yes he is vastly overpaid.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak is better than herbert and jackson and probably on par with burrow right now.
LOL. Dude we agree on a lot but no. Herbert and Burrow are far better. If you asked any NFL GM they would take both of them over dak in a heartbeat. There arent many QBs in the league that would be taken above Burrow and Herbert right now. Especially considering their ages.

shabazz

Reaction score
This is the weakest crop of qbs I've seen in a long time. Some of the guys ranked 9-15 are below average in a normal NFL QB environment