Video: Chris Simms: The offense is too simple

khiladi

Reaction score
Ah yes, now they are holding back anc they are being ‘conservatives or it’s Moore’s fault, not Dak and the OC hasn’t adjusted for Dak’s ‘slump’. They also came out in hurry-up against the Cardinals, but Dak was throwing dude everywhere.

Prescott was as good as could be in the first half of the game. It was noticeable that he was using a hurry-up tempo for much of the time, a tactic that was previously suggested to get Prescott more in-sync. Whatever was the cause, Prescott sizzled. He was 28 of 39 for 330 yards and four touchdowns. His passer rating was 131.4. Almost all of that was in the first half of the game.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-micah-parsons-demarcus-lawrence-trevon-diggs

Teams look like they are satisfied with rushing four, and sometimes they create pressure and sometimes they don’t. But what they are doing is sitting back and letting the linebackers fill the holes if it’s a run, or dropping into shallow zone coverage if they see pass. That may be one reason the running game has slowed, teams are loading up the interior with linebackers/safeties, and using their ends to turn off-tackle runs back inside.

Using zone coverage in addition to not blitzing also seems to be a key factor. Check out these stats from CBS Sports.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ump-and-its-not-his-calf-injury?_gl=1*12qo00*

Dak made his career of defenses selling out to stop the run and they no longer are doing it, because they don’t have to. They are making Dak beat them with his arm and he’s being exposed.

Surfguy

Reaction score
He's egging us on to run a quad reverse play for a 10 yard loss.

Not gonna do it!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh my you guys are delusional.

Giving a 1 legged RB more carries is not the way.

Give Pollard those carries see what happens. We’ve done the Zeke dance long enough and you guys still want to act like he’s capable of doing something he isn’t.
I agree it seems zeke might be injured. Tony also has an injury.

You don't know Tony is capable of carrying the whole game/season load, he didn't even in college. You just hate zeke.

I'm willing to try it and see. It's a win win for me.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree it seems zeke might be injured. Tony also has an injury.

You don't know Tony is capable of carrying the whole game/season load, he didn't even in college. You just hate zeke.

I'm willing to try it and see. It's a win win for me.

I’m a fan of Zeke.

Zeke is just 2 things I don’t like in a RB.

1. Highly paid.

2. Not productive

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a fan of Zeke.

Zeke is just 2 things I don’t like in a RB.

1. Highly paid.

2. Not productive
You actually care what he makes?

I know i know...we could have SO many all -pros if it wasn't for him.

is Dak "high paid"?

"not productive"....if you like Dak even ONE of those blocks was worth it. Guy get killed for dak. Tony gets trucked.

"not productive"? Why?

I suppose we shall see when Tony gets the start.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You actually care what he makes?

I know i know...we could have SO many all -pros if it wasn't for him.

is Dak "high paid"?

"not productive"....if you like Dak even ONE of those blocks was worth it. Guy get killed for dak. Tony gets trucked.

"not productive"? Why?

I suppose we shall see when Tony gets the start.

Sign a fullback if you need that level of blocking. Rest of the league doesn’t seem to need Zeke to pass block once or twice a game. Especially with the whole league running cover 2 on us and not blitzing hardly. But go ahead. All that blocking has done our pass game wonders.

Surfguy

Reaction score
If Jerry was willing to pay Zeke all that money, then why didn't he do it when Demarco Murray was up for a new big money contract while letting him walk to PHI?

Is it just Jerry has a soft spot for Zeke? I thought Jerry had learned his lesson that the o-line is where the running game is mostly won or lost. The running backs...I say you are better off just drafting the next best thing in later rounds. I would rather have them fresh and young. Zeke is a huge waste of money for what we are getting in return.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sign a fullback if you need that level of blocking. Rest of the league doesn’t seem to need Zeke to pass block once or twice a game. Especially with the whole league running cover 2 on us and not blitzing hardly. But go ahead. All that blocking has done our pass game wonders.
:)

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I think a key issue is Biadasz and being responsible for making line adjustments. Dak makes some calls based on what he is seeing for sure— but the C also has responsibilities and some calls to make.

Gotta wonder if some of the confusion we are seeing is simply on our very inexperienced C?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're finally right in a way.
Moore isn't using zeke right. As a fb? Crazy!

Reaction score
Any good coach plays to his QB's strengths. Dak loves quick tempo, changing cadence, using motion & misdirection. Anything, whether in the run or pass game, that creates doubt & hesitation with the defense, gives your offense an edge.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Simple or Simpleton's?
https%3A%2F%2Fsportdfw.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2017%2F07%2F16605816.jpeg

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Rips Kellen Moore and rips Dak for 15 minutes.

I’ve been saying it for weeks. We are very vanilla. I can’t wait for the playoffs. I totally believe you’ll see a different team