Video: Chris Simms: The offense is too simple

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Rips Kellen Moore and rips Dak for 15 minutes.

Great piece. I really like Simms and his breakdowns. Value very much what he says.

Funny to listen to fans with an agenda try to talk about what he said here.

Biggest problem with this offense he said point blank first thing........................THE RUN GAME.

And he acted like it was sooo bad, that its not getting any better. LOL

Honestly, you could stop right there and this segment would have been over. But he goes over a few more things and highlights the following:

-Oline is not what it used to be. Oline is a big problem
-Offense is too simple in the passing game
-Dak is still a little off.

Out of all these issues, its clear that Dak missing a few throws here and there is the least of our problems.

Hearing breakdown the simplicity of the passing game is disturbing. Clearly this is a passing offense that is built around the run game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This was my biggest complaint against Garrett's offense .. the comeback routes.

I can never understand why you would make it easy on the defender to defend or intercept the ball by letting them face forward.

The offensive player knows where he is going, there is no reason to show the defensive back that as well before the throw.

The Cowboys need to start running vertical plays instead of curls and comebacks all the time. Vertical does not mean it has to be 30 yards down the field either.

You can play vertical with 5 and 10 yard throws with slants or even just straight routes.

What happened to the crossing routes? The rub routes? Against a two deep zone, the crossing routes should be a staple. Still not enough passing to the back over the middle coming out of the backfield.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Seven game winning streak and KM is a genius.

Loses a game after a different 4 game winning streak and now he's simple.

The first three non productive drives ended on an offensive line penalty. It's that simple.

You can pick apart any NFL coach after he loses.

I agree with everything, and I have stuck up for Moore as much as anyone. The biggest problem is that this passing game is built off a successful run game. Play action, NO 2 deep safety looks, receivers winning routes one on one. Now that the run game is garbage Moore is clearly struggling more to find success.

Again I go back to Zeke. Have Pollard coming out of the backfield running routes. No one had to take notice of Zeke running or catching passes.

Big_D

Reaction score
Moore was taught by Linny and JG folks. He loves the button hook too just like them. I’m hoping that he’s holding back for the playoffs. We’ve been very vanilla for over a month but still talented enough to win the East.

He loves that WR screen too.. a Garrett staple.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ah yes, now they are holding back anc they are being ‘conservatives or it’s Moore’s fault, not Dak and the OC hasn’t adjusted for Dak’s ‘slump’. They also came out in hurry-up against the Cardinals, but Dak was throwing dude everywhere.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-micah-parsons-demarcus-lawrence-trevon-diggs

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ump-and-its-not-his-calf-injury?_gl=1*12qo00*

Dak made his career of defenses selling out to stop the run and they no longer are doing it, because they don’t have to. They are making Dak beat them with his arm and he’s being exposed.

11-5, #1 offense in the NFL.

320 yards and 4 TD's in the first half two weeks ago. 3 TD's last week with a 106 QB rating.

Dak being exposed? Ill take that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’ve been saying it for weeks. We are very vanilla. I can’t wait for the playoffs. I totally believe you’ll see a different team

Why would we see a different team?

This entire offense is built around Zeke Elliott. Until that changes, not much is going to change. Especially with the Oline as mediocre as it is.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why would we see a different team?

This entire offense is built around Zeke Elliott. Until that changes, not much is going to change. Especially with the Oline as mediocre as it is.
I’m so freaking pissed my cowboy brother. In the playoffs haven’t even started. Maybe it’s better we lost we’re never going to win eight in a row

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m so freaking pissed my cowboy brother. In the playoffs haven’t even started. Maybe it’s better we lost we’re never going to win eight in a row

Winning the SB isnt easy buddy. Last year this team was 7-9? the truth is that THIS squad is NOT SB caliber. Its built around Zeke and a successful run game. Moore's offense cant be consistent without it.

Until this offense gets rid of Zeke or no longer depends on him, we will continue to be out of sorts. The whole offense needs to be revamped in the offseason. I am starting to think that Moore signing elsewhere might work out. But only if the new guy coming in tells Jerry that he isnt no longer going to feature Zeke in this offense.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Winning the SB isnt easy buddy. Last year this team was 7-9? the truth is that THIS squad is NOT SB caliber. Its built around Zeke and a successful run game. Moore's offense cant be consistent without it.

Until this offense gets rid of Zeke or no longer depends on him, we will continue to be out of sorts. The whole offense needs to be revamped in the offseason. I am starting to think that Moore signing elsewhere might work out. But only if the new guy coming in tells Jerry that he isnt no longer going to feature Zeke in this offense.
You’re not gonna get any argument from me

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Philbin is the next OC. Sad to say

GINeric

Reaction score
Sigh......when are people gonna learn when you have a QB with accuracy problems.....having him hit a moving target deeper down field...is going to be a problem?

It's amazing Kellen has gotten this much out of Dak.....:popcorn:
Sigh......when are people gonna learn when you have a QB with accuracy problems.....having him hit a moving target deeper down field...is going to be a problem?

But honestly...the real problem is a lack of a home run threat @ RB. No one is afraid of our RBs breaking one to the house. No one respects our run game....which makes play action useless.

But honestly...the real problem is a

Its amazing that Dak has made Kellen look better than he probably really is. When Dak was missing from this offense, Dalton and Denucci couldn't make Kellen's offense look as good as Dak has. Last year's record is concrete proof of that after Dak got injured.