Video: Chris Simms: The offense is too simple

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
I am just going to tell it like it is here, I find it absolutely disgusting that we have one of the best route technician in the game and we using these rudimentary route concepts with the go to being sticks and curls to all pressure packages. I coach high school ball in Florida and we run more complex routes than the concepts you see from Moore at times. However I will say he does introduce some good concepts at times but it's so dang inconsistent whenever he faces a seasoned DC like Spagnola, Joseph, who throws multiple pre snap looks and blitzes with post snap looks.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
I def noticed a bunch of verticals run by all 3 receivers on a lot of different plays. I thought Kellen was supposed to be creative? Wasn't he more creative early on?? The fact that he refuses to use the middle of the field is sickening and proves that Kellen is not who we thought he was.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think the first play of the game said it all. The Cardinals clearly knew what play was coming from the Cowboys formation. That is a problem. Is Moore's offense predictable? Are the not running different plays out of the same formations? How did Arizona know the WR screen was coming on the first play of the game? That is not a play you would expect at that time.

At the same time, I think if the OL was blocking better the Cowboys could hit some bigger plays. Simms said it too. The Cowboys OL is overrated. Don't bother responding with PFF or whatever about how the Cowboys are the number 1 rated OL. Just watch the game and you could see that Dak had no time to throw.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem seems to start with disorganization in the OL. They seem to be easily fooled and unable to adapt. Freddie used to call out who to block pre-snap. Biadez just isn't on that level.

The passing routes and Dak's accuracy............ even you manage to replace Moore with a true innovative OC, you still a need a QB who can accurately deliver the ball.

What a mess.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
we rarely run crossing routes. we rarely run any kind of natural pick plays. currently we seem to call 10-15 plays a game where the play design is for Dak to take the snap and immediately throw a 3 yard out

it's either Dak or Moore

PERFECTLY SAID!!!!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It's been the exact same offense for 15 years. Ya got the 11 and the 12 personell and occasionally there's a Te or lb playing RB. That's all folks

FINALLY SOMEONE IS SMART IN HERE!!!!!!! People don't realize this at all, this offense is the worst offense ever in the NFL, we get scammed by a few good games we barely win

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly think a lot of problem would be solved if the offense would put more responsibility on Tony Pollards shoulders.

I think he’s the guy to save the season of the Cowboys would just let him instead of playing a unproductive Zeke.
I wish we would....so you can see how wrong you are and stop posting this nonsense 10 times a day.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Scary part that Simms said was that he doesn't see this running game getting any better. What he was pointing out on film should get the Oline coach fired.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I wish we would....so you can see how wrong you are and stop posting this nonsense 10 times a day.

Yeah I’d love to see how wrong I am because every time they do give him touches he does exactly what I say and every metric out there proves me right as well.

Nobody over values 1 or 2 blitz pickups a game with a ton of no gains like Cowboys fans.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Scary part that Simms said was that he doesn't see this running game getting any better. What he was pointing out on film should get the Oline coach fired.
The running game won't get any better if they continue to feature Zeke as the primary RB.

Zeke is washed and they need to stop prioritizing contract over who is the better option.

Remember when Cole Beasley left and talked about how this organization seems to play guys based more on their contracts than their talent?

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
The running game won't get any better if they continue to feature Zeke as the primary RB.

Zeke is washed and they need to stop prioritizing contract over who is the better option.

Remember when Cole Beasley left and talked about how this organization seems to play guys based more on their contracts than their talent?
Yeah I remember that

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I’d love to see how wrong I am because every time they do give him touches he does exactly what I say and every metric out there proves me right as well.

Nobody over values 1 or 2 blitz pickups a game with a ton of no gains like Cowboys fans.
The problem with your assessment is they rarely run the same plays. Tony isn't asked to run up the middle much....but when he does it's very much the same results as zeke.
Zeke also does much better when he's in the flats.
The other problem is Moore wants mountain west ncaa offense passing numbers. He runs zeke up the clogged middle three times....where we are literally tripping over our own feet...then claims our running game is broke we better pass 50 times now.
Tony is the type of rb that can produce any time....as the 2 change of pace back...he better that is his job.
Zeke is the kind of rb you use to pound and wear out the defense...and gets more productive as the game goes on.
Like Emmitt.

This is how nfc east running game has worked since forever. And worked well....all 4 have had tough pounding rbs through the years.
Suddenly we don't. Kellen Moore. No commitment to the nfc run game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The problem with your assessment is they rarely run the same plays. Tony isn't asked to run up the middle much....but when he does it's very much the same results as zeke.
Zeke also does much better when he's in the flats.
The other problem is Moore wants mountain west ncaa offense passing numbers. He runs zeke up the clogged middle three times....where we are literally tripping over our own feet...then claims our running game is broke we better pass 50 times now.
Tony is the type of rb that can produce any time....as the 2 change of pace back...he better that is his job.
Zeke is the kind of rb you use to pound and wear out the defense...and gets more productive as the game goes on.
Like Emmitt.

This is how nfc east running game has worked since forever. And worked well....all 4 have had tough pounding rbs through the years.
Suddenly we don't. Kellen Moore. No commitment to the nfc run game.

Oh my you guys are delusional.

Giving a 1 legged RB more carries is not the way.

Give Pollard those carries see what happens. We’ve done the Zeke dance long enough and you guys still want to act like he’s capable of doing something he isn’t.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What Chris Sims says about anything should never make the news. Should not matter to anyone.

khiladi

Reaction score
Now it’s Moore’s fault…

Dak-Stan logic will say that Dak proved that he’s elite based on the first six games. But apparently Moore had nothing to do with the furs six games to prove he’s an elite OC.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ya know...i need to go back and look and see if we did this stuff earlier in the year and have stopped recently to "vanilla" our offense like the speculation has been.

If we suddenly come out motioning everywhere and slinging it around in the playoffs...then it was true

IF this dumbing down was intentional....we are really dumb. You can't just turn it on and off.
I think there's something to that.

They have shown to be conservative slash looking at the big picture when it comes to injuries.

I really do think there's an element of holding back a bit.

I also there's so many things running through our QBs head that it may explode.

He needs to just go play and forget about all else. If it makes any kind of sense at all, it looks like he is trying way too hard. He is a pre snap disaster right now. Painful to watch actually.

Reactions: Ken

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Even when you complete the pass with all these button hooks you get very few yards after the catch.

Lamb and Pollard are both good after the catch yet they never seem to get the ball in positions where they are on the move in space where they can use that ability to pick up easy yards on underneath routes.