Video: Chris Simms Unbuttoned. Explains issues with our simple scheme on defense

EJK24

Reaction score
Has he not been told that the coaches aren't responsible for poor play? Some here say it's only the players fault when we dont succeed.

So a former pro player is saying that there is a problem with scheme and/or philosophy?

Dre, please go explain to Simms that you know more about the game then him so he can understand the coach is not responsible for anything that goes wrong. Basically you will never be held accountable since you can do no wrong as a coach.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Has he not been told that the coaches aren't responsible for poor play? Some here say it's only the players fault when we dont succeed.

So a former pro player is saying that there is a problem with scheme and/or philosophy?

Dre, please go explain to Simms that you know more about the game then him so he can understand the coach is not responsible for anything that goes wrong. Basically you will never be held accountable since you can do no wrong as a coach.
Dre is a homer idiot. Nuff said

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought that the old Tampa defense was supposed to be really complicated and it took the players years to get it down...

starfan1

Reaction score
Dre is a homer idiot. Nuff said
Dre is a coach or former coach and he is not completely wrong. yes the coaches could scheme a little better and the cowboys are a bit predictable but coaches coach and players play and the cowboys dont execute well enough. The scheme that they do constantly does require the players to execute and we have some poor players in the secondary using a poor technique.

The defensive line is terrible in the middle and underachieving on the end. I dont have much confidence in the LB either so they are getting beat on all 3 levels

Dre11

Reaction score

So simple they went 7-1 And touted a great defense last season...lol it wasn't simple then? ...lol the same defense that had Smith and Vander Esh Howling and Swiping...lol
The same defense ranked 6th last season....lol I guess they forgot what they are doing in a year.

Last edited:

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

It's never coaching

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Dre is a coach or former coach and he is not completely wrong. yes the coaches could scheme a little better and the cowboys are a bit predictable but coaches coach and players play and the cowboys dont execute well enough. The scheme that they do constantly does require the players to execute and we have some poor players in the secondary using a poor technique.

The defensive line is terrible in the middle and underachieving on the end. I dont have much confidence in the LB either so they are getting beat on all 3 levels
Being a former coach means ZERO. Garrett is a coach, and I don't consider him good at all. So, nothing's changed......

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I imagine Garrett’s half time adjustments are all similar to that.

“play harder”
“Execute”
“Fundamentally sound football”
“Three phases of the game”
There was a game this year, were Garrett said they don't make any adjustments at halftime lol. So it is absolutely, try harder, execute better. That is his plan. lol

starfan1

Reaction score
Being a former coach means ZERO. Garrett is a coach, and I don't consider him good at all. So, nothing's changed......
well being you probably have never been a coach than you probably dont understand about execution and responsibilities etc. The fact of the matter is you are both right to a degree. You are also a frustrated fan like the rest of us ot most of us and are ready to see some heads rolling.
especially after last week. That said Dre is not completely off base but I dont absolve these coaches completely either because they could put the players in a better position to win battles

Dre11

Reaction score

This is the same defense that was ranked 6th last season, had Richard getting HC interviews
I guess they forgot what they were doing...lol