Video: Chris Simms Unbuttoned. Explains issues with our simple scheme on defense

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
The problem with this philosophy is that it is so easy for the other team to out scheme you.
The problem is our Tampa 2.0 crap ain’t working. We don’t have a Warren Sapp, or Booger McFarland manning the middle. We don’t have a Simeon Rice manning our DE spot. We do have Robert Quinn, and he’ll most likely leave after this season. We don’t have a Rhonde Barber at CB either. We probably could have better CB play if Richard would stop going with measurables and play Jourdan Lewis over Anthony “Chip on shoulder tattoo” Brown!

Portnoy1

Reaction score
No they think they just stay in 1 look the whole game. They're just playing bad. What's funny is when Mike Zimmer's defense was struggling last seaon you hear nothing about scheme from these analyst, it's the players and injuries...lol
Nah bro, Zimmer is the GOAT. Need to get him back to Dallas to fix this D

Dre11

Reaction score
I’d like that too. One that isn’t easily identified. How often have we had a guy run free like the Jets did on the lame two point attempt to end the game?

Sims and Darnold seem confident that we play two coverages. 3 deep and single high man to man.

We don’t even run any cover 2? Maybe some of our analysts here can verify or dispute.

Cover 2 leaves our LBs who aren't great covering in a bind in the middle of the field. I'd like to see more quaters coverage

Dre11

Reaction score
Nah bro, Zimmer is the GOAT. Need to get him back to Dallas to fix this D

Except his defense have issue too. My point is these guys know defense. It's not like they forget year to year.