Christian Barmore at 10

Bizwah

Reaction score
Every year there are several players that really come on at the end of the season and improve their stock. Barmore has really developed. 6-5 310 pound DTs that can really move are hard to find.

I can see him moving into the top 15....if there's a combine, possibly higher.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Needs to be the selection. Sign a FA cb and get a dog in the middle because there's a good chance............VERY GOOD CHANCE that Hill will follow in Tacos footsteps and show in year 3 that he still sucks.
Pro Football Networks’ latest mock has Dallas landing Barmore!

In the 3rd round.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
He’s a Cowboy fan.
Yeah, I get that. He's also been a huge fan of some things we can't really touch base on. Some of those things that Jerry never touched base on, which left a lot of those that did upset.

Being such the outspoken and prideful type that Sherman is, I wouldn't be surprised if he said "no thanks." Then again, I didn't think that Marty B would either..though he was traded to Dallas.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bro im all in on signing a cb and taking barmore. Barmore, gallimore, hill mccoy. Loser gets cut or traded. Get a safety round 2 and lets go
Looks like he is about to shoot up. Im still not there at 10 but I give you for being ahead of the curve.

I might get more comfortable. If I can become convinced he can improve V. the run year 1, I could get on board. However I do think he is a potential 10 sack guy. Two guys I think he could be come are Muhammad Wilkerson or Grady Jarrett

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
I am in on Daviyon Nixon, #54 for Iowa. Draft him and ask the real #54 Randy White to be his personal tutor so that he can make an impact his rookie year. Nixon is a major disruptor. Unlike other defensive tackles, he does not carry an extra 50 lbs in his gut like the Alabama DT does.

Gaede

Reaction score
Looks like he is about to shoot up. Im still not there at 10 but I give you for being ahead of the curve.

I might get more comfortable. If I can become convinced he can improve V. the run year 1, I could get on board. However I do think he is a potential 10 sack guy. Two guys I think he could be come are Muhammad Wilkerson or Grady Jarrett

I don't have a solid opinion on Barmore yet, but if he's a potential 10 sack a year guy at DT, you definitely take him at 10

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
FYI it’s really hard for a rookie DT to be a pro bowl caliber player his first year. He’ll need to have a full year in an NFL weight room, but can at least provide real competition. And make some splash plays. Fletcher Cox had 5.5 sacks and 8 TFL as a rookie. If we got that from a rookie DT it’d be wonderful.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
FYI it’s really hard for a rookie DT to be a pro bowl caliber player his first year. He’ll need to have a full year in an NFL weight room, but can at least provide real competition. And make some splash plays. Fletcher Cox had 5.5 sacks and 8 TFL as a rookie. If we got that from a rookie DT it’d be wonderful.

Maliek Collins had 5 sacks and 5 TFL as a rookie.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
We dont need a pro bowler but he will be good as a rookie. The same way we FINALLY realized we needed a good oline, its time to do the same with the dline. Thats what a good team would do :facepalm:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maliek Collins had 5 sacks and 5 TFL as a rookie.
His first and last year here were probably the only times he was used to his strength without being exposed. Well his last year wasn't great in run defense.

Collins is a good example of a player that can be very good at doing certain things. Never gonna be a full though. He is a good of why you cant always assume a player who makes an early has a high trajectory

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We dont need a pro bowler but he will be good as a rookie. The same way we FINALLY realized we needed a good oline, its time to do the same with the dline. Thats what a good team would do :facepalm:
As rookie you would probably see Barmore mostly on passing downs. I think its possible you could get 5 or 6 sacks in 500-600 snaps. His ability in the running game will come with experience. I also think he can 10 more pounds to his frame without losing athleticism. I can easily see him playing at 320-325 in his prime.